Innovative Marine Aquariums

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

He's usually under one of the mini carpets but moves there to filter feed.

There's a RBTA on the back side of the rock he's on but he's hardly near it.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You still have the RBTA? What about the clowns?

RBTA is still in there, the clowns I lost to the Apocalypse.... it got really cold in the house, we don't turn on the heat, then the power went out and tank got freezing cold.

The friend that bred them is working on blacker ice and has a batch growing out. WIll be replacing them when they are ready.

Just spent $40 on two maxi mini's. I blame this tank.

I'm gonna use this line on the wifey later today... gonna go look for more maxis, let's see if that works.

How are you keeping nitrate levels low?

Water change?

don't feed much of anything and water changes are done at least every other week.

How much % you do for wc?

It depends...

If I get a new anemone or invert I do about 1-3 Solo cups worth.

If I don't get anything new I do maybe half a cup to a full cup.

I'm doing a gallon a week now. Is that to much

You can never do too much in a water change. You don't want to do too little tho. if you want to feed heavy I strongly suggest doing a massive water change a few hours after everything is fat and happy.

I'm doing a gallon a week now. Is that to much

You can never do too much in a water change. You don't want to do too little tho. if you want to feed heavy I strongly suggest doing a massive water change a few hours after everything is fat and happy.

Agreed. but the main thing is to keep from having parameters swinging too much, if water params are too far apart you would be aiding the problem.

Some new pics

DSC_1769.jpg

DSC_1767.jpg

DSC_1758.jpg

DSC_1755.jpg

DSC_1770.jpg

DSC_1768.jpg

After some serious searching and the love of all the flasher/mystery wrasse I've had in the past I wanted one for this tank and due to it's size that have become limiting.

Order just placed for a Tanaka's Pygmy Wrasse!

I only have one clown fish. Feed him couple Nls pellet a day. Orange spotted goby die today.

the sand sifting goby right?

Is there other problems that would make you think you're not doing enough water changes?

I feed Rod's foods, Ken's premium pellets and coral frenzy but only every other day.

The orange/copper ring with blue center is actually much nicer in person, my camera can't pick up the gold/orange color.

Btw, here's a quick pic I just took on my phone, uploaded to pb on my phone and now posting through my phone.

PHOTO_20130126_224440.jpg

The zoas I have look better in person thanh iPhone pic. Maybe it's the lighting that makes the color pop on yours.

What kind of phone are you using

A really old HTC G2. Got it when it first came out and its been the best phone I've ever had.

Usually go through phones multiple times a year but since this one that's changed

I can't get my camera or phone to take pics as nice as they are in person.

What zoas you have?

Maybe we can get a little frag swap going on HFB

Never really been a fan of little tanks but this one keeps me coming back. My favorite little big tank on NR. :)

Did you make the leds or are those strips?

I LoL when I read the WC post. How much do you change? 1-2 solo cups lmao.

Never really been a fan of little tanks but this one keeps me coming back. My favorite little big tank on NR. :)

Did you make the leds or are those strips?

I LoL when I read the WC post. How much do you change? 1-2 solo cups lmao.

Hahaha red solo cup!

PHOTO_20130126_231722.jpg

It started with stunners but it got cluttered after obtaining the color I wanted.

Swapped to DIY.

Mix of crees and luxeons, have it listed above somewhere

10x 3w

RapidLED nano dimmable driver.

Mounted to the stock arm and the housing gutted to fit over the heatsink to maintain the stock look.

Been toying with different leds trying to get the right color mix.

After a few orders from stevesLeds I think I'm close to where I like it. Next step is to swap it all out for 3ups stars and run full spectrum but right now it works and the corals look good.

Archived