Innovative Marine Aquariums

Our "Little Jetty"

eklikewhoa

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I tried opening up the Spec V arm and the metal part is just a stub.

How did you mount your light? Did you join another piece of metal bar on to it?

I have my LEDs and adhesive allll ready to go!

xXReefAwesomenessXx
Picked up the Nikon J2 for the misses so I was playing around with it... Nikon 1 J2 10mm f2.8 NMS_0134.jpgDSC_0307.jpgDSC_0294.jpgDSC_0281.jpgDSC_0227.jpg

Lol in the pic of the shrimp theirs a ghost shrimp below ;)

I use to dose Coral Snow I need to get back to it. Corals responded really well to it and my tank was always clear.

Indeed it does!

So I tried opening up the Spec V arm and the metal part is just a stub.

How did you mount your light? Did you join another piece of metal bar on to it?

I have my LEDs and adhesive allll ready to go!

yeah, theres holes drilled and a plate of aluminum which is used as the heatsink mounted to the nub.

I plan to have my friend cut one nicer for me.

Lol in the pic of the shrimp theirs a ghost shrimp below ;)

Hahaha someone caught it.

Do you have any algae growing on the glass. My tank been running for almost 2 months now and I have nothing. Not complaining. Just want to know why there isn't any so I can do the same for my 40g.

U always have the best maxi minis; how much was that rainbow one

To be completely honest, I don't remember, bought a few things and swapped items around.

I wanna say it was 65?

Anyone seen anything like this?

I have one pompom crab that is always out in the open and it looks like it's growing algae all over it.

PHOTO_20130210_232052.jpg

Hard to give advice since it goes against the grain but no, I don't do anything specific other than having the tank purposed around anemones.

Just make sure water params are stable and keep with the topoffs, water changes I try and do a little over a length of time vs. large water changes.

I just got a new BTA. Any advice in care? Do you do anything special with yours?

Keep your powerheads and intakes covered but dont turn them off either. Do this til it settles on a sweet spot.

Also the nem came in a rock crevice but it is loosely strapped down to the point where there isn't much pressure against it, should I remove this?

are you saying the nem is in a hole of a rock but not fully attached or has it's foot inflated?

some pics of the new nems.

DSC_1984.jpg

DSC_2002.jpg

DSC_2005.jpg

DSC_2012.jpg

Nice man. Looks awesome. Yeah it's pretty difficult worrying about the BTA moving around and stinging corals. I tried moving her and she moved away from that area. <_< Think I might hold off on getting any more anemones.

The string thing is weird. I would remove the string. Once they find a spot they usually don't move.

I would remove it, If it's being held down against it's own will and not able to freely move to where it's comfortable I don't see how it would not be unhappy.

are you saying the nem is in a hole of a rock but not fully attached or has it's foot inflated?

some pics of the new nems.

DSC_1984.jpg

DSC_2002.jpg

DSC_2005.jpg

DSC_2012.jpg

Do you get your Maxis locally? i am in Houston, but the ones i have seen locally are pretty bland.

Archived