Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

I purchased multiple ricordia and also a lot a high end zoas with my order. I am 100% happy with the transaction and would without a doubt buy from her again. To see someone leave the hobby because she tried to help everyone in the hobby would be a shame. There was nothing said about live arrival garunenteed and the heat packs were 100% optional. People don't want to blame thereselves for their choices and want to blame someone and the seller would be the easiest to blame. Now she will have to put up with PayPal which is a pain in general let alone them not knowing a think about corals or the shipping process on them. You have 45 days to make a claim on PayPal and to make them before they even are delivered doesn't make sence. Thank you for you effort and because of this we can pretty much count out group buys like this in the future. You guys should be considered lucky she said she was going to even try to resolve the problems. Thanks

+1

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to read that some people aren't adult enough to be civil and just talk about issues at hand and go to major extremes. I definally appreciate the time you took to put this all together to try and pass on a great deal to fellow hobbyist. Life happens and for people to not be understanding at all is crazy. I hope everything works itself out and the ridiculousness stops.

go ahead and tell the entire truth, how many issues are you dealing with, what is causing you so much stress that you have to post half the story, where are the positive feedbacks how many others got cooked?

we want our rics lol

stfu idiot.

I think we should help Aly pay gregmoeck back so he will go away. 10 bucks each and it's a done deal right?

He didn't even get the package yet! He has no clue if they're dead. No reason to pay him to go away. He should just man up and do it himself.

Yankees2bills51
I think we should help Aly pay gregmoeck back so he will go away. 10 bucks each and it's a done deal right?

It's a good idea but if he gets a refund then everyone else will will want one to and he hasn't even got the package yet. They could all be alive when he gets them.

Your dispute has been closed. Thank you.

im a nice guy even though my rics are in the deep fryer right now :huh:

You chose a heat pack! Just because everyone else did. Did you even check your local temps?

Better have your attorney look into whether or not you can file a PayPal claim "in advance".

+1.

I'd also look into stuff before you throw around powerful words like "corporate attorney ". If you are not a minor, there is nothing you can do about personal information on the Internet other than request a webmaster take it down. As long as you are not being harassed, your threat is baseless and stupid.

Good point, I assumed his were DOA because he had filed the complaint already...didn't realize he filed it before even getting the package! Hoping his rics are alive and well.

I have known Aly for a long time and she has gone out of her way on many occasions for me when she did not have to, I think everyone that ordered needs to calm down and let Aly work with you so that you are happy...she has been reefing for a long time and I doubt that she would not make things right....Be patient and at least wait and see if your package is DOA before filing any claims...paypal will take forever btw.

There's always inherent risk when you ship living things over multiple days. This whole situation is ridiculous. It would be a travesty if someone's hobby of 22 years went down the tube over a couple of people who refuse to own their decisions.

Got mine in today. Most of the 10 I purchased were DOA.

I DON'T THINK ANY OF US SHOULD BLAME ALY FOR ANYTHING. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THIS IS BY NO MEANS HER FAULT.

I ALSO OPTED FOR THE HEAT PACK BECAUSE IT WAS IN THE UPPER 40S WHEN PLACING THE ORDER.

AFTER ALL WE ARE ALL ADULTS (AT LEAST THAT'S WHAT I THOUGHT)

THREATENING A PERSON AND PAYPAL DISPUTES.....SERIOUSLY GUYS......

IT'S A HOBBY AFTER ALL AND AS IN EVERYTHING ELSE THERE IS A HUGE RISK SHIPPING LIVESTOCK.

DONT GET ME WRONG I AM DISAPPOINTED BUT I WON'T GO AROUND POINTIG FINGERS.

TO ALY: THANK YOU FORSETTING UP THIS WHOLE THING. TWO THUMBS UP

I've been following this thread since the beginning as I was planning on buying but my paycheck didn't arrive in time :( However I still wanted to take the time to thank you for all your efforts and I am sorry about your unfortunate situation due to other peoples failure to accept blame.

Be sure to file a Police report. Blocked numbers can still be viewed by telephone companies. Also, fwiw posting personal information online is perfectly legal unless there is OBVIOUS malicious intent. Even so internet "crimes" are very hard to prove.

mine still truckin around sunny florida, with that ole 72 hour heat pack lol

Priority Mail®

Depart USPS Sort Facility

October 25, 2012

OPA LOCKA, FL 33054

Expected Delivery of Ricordia soup mix:

October 26, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

Processed at USPS Origin Sort Facility

October 24, 2012, 6:10 pm

OPA LOCKA, FL 33054

Acceptance

October 24, 2012, 12:20 pm

HOMESTEAD, FL 33030

Electronic Shipping Info Received

October 22, 2012

Priority Mail®

October 25, 2012

OPA LOCKA, FL 33054

October 26, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

OPA LOCKA, FL 33054

Acceptance

HOMESTEAD, FL 33030

October 22, 2012

The heat pack that YOU chose to include! No one pushed it on you. No one told you that you HAD to buy it. You decided all by yourself that you WANTED a heat pack. It was YOU who thought "if the others are doing it, I should too". So grow up Greggy and take your medicine like a big boy. And leave me alone. Stop posting on my other threads, stop filing FALSE claims and stop threatening my kid!!!! Or I'm getting the police involved.

I never called your house, I never sent you a PM. I never emailed you other than placing my order.

What about the other paypal disputes that you said were coming in left and right?

Yeah I selected the heat pack along with others, no big deal and that is why I closed my paypal dispute so leave me alone, get mad at the others who have open paypal disputes, at least I was kind enough to close mine.

I never called your house, I never sent you a PM. I never emailed you other than placing my order, dont make up stuff. What about the other paypal disputes that you said were coming in left and right? How come you advertise with heat pack on your other threads, as if that is part of the package. Yeah I selected the heat pack along with others, no big deal and that is why I closed my paypal dispute so leave me alone, start bashing the others.

I will post my review when my box gets here, just like the others did, no biggie.

"Now I'm getting Paypal disputes left & right and they're withdrawing money from my account"

The only one driving me absolutely crazy, making all sorts of stuff up, etc. is you. And the emails and calls stopped when you "went away" (which obviously, you haven't). So naturally, the finger points at YOU.

Other threads have nothing to do with this. Get that thru your very thick skull. Other corals do not respond the same way rics do. That is why if you check my very first post you will see that I said "no heat pack or ice pack included".

GO AWAY PLEASE! Contact me with pictures taken within 15 minutes of the package being delivered, with the rics STILL in the bag, and if you have losses, I will make it up.

Priority Mail®

October 25, 2012

OPA LOCKA, FL 33054

October 26, 2012

Delivery Confirmation™

OPA LOCKA, FL 33054

Acceptance

HOMESTEAD, FL 33030

October 22, 2012

You chose your shipping method AND the heatpack. Plus, you are an ass. Why would anyone care that your package hasn't shown up yet?

And how important are you exactly that your mail shows up 2-4 hours earlier than everybody else in the country? You posted about not receiving at 730 in the morning.

This is like having a disagreement with my wife, I was just showing my tracking updates in excitement of receiving some new additions to my tank Patback, you must have got out of the wrong side of the bed again. My box still has to pass through several more states. I will make sure to keep you updated Pat

Better have your attorney look into whether or not you can file a PayPal claim "in advance".

+1 on that. i will say how can you have have money to pay for a corporative attorney and be mad because you loss on this transaction. when you buy cheap it will be allways a risk we all have to be realistic. we all have the option on take some risk or go to one of to many big online vendors that can give you 14 days warranty but you pay like 4 times more for the same product.

Ok, lets stop the bashing guys. I am sorry Greg. I really dont know if it was you calling and emailing me or not. There's really no way for me to tell. All I know is that it was a scary night for my family. Something about "I'm going to hurt mommy" just doesn't let people, especially children, sleep tight. I took my kids to grandma - 3 hours away - just in case. So I got home at 4am, to get up at 6am... I am exhausted beyond belief!

But aside from all that I want to say that I am overwhelmed by the outpour of support from the N-R community who came to my rescue in my time of need. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Let's just stop slinging mud and let's finish this group buy how I intended it to end; on a GOOD note.

On the way to grandma's my daughter inquired about me taking down my tank (she had heard me speaking to my husband about it). She begged me not to. She says it relaxes her, but that most importantly, her little brother loves it. So, I slept on it and I will leave my tank up for now and try to raise money by selling some frags out of it, for those of you who demand a refund. It may take me a couple of weeks to get money out to you, but rest assured I will not default. All I ask is that you handle it with me personally, instead of going thru Paypal claims & disputes. As someone posted here before, whenever we make a claim or dispute something, Paypal withdraws money from that person's account. It holds the funds until a resolution is made on a dispute or it is escalated up to a claim. I am pretty sure that if any claims are filed, Paypal will side with me because it was each person's decision to include a heat pack or not. If I link this thread and they take the time to read through it, that is clearly stated back on my first post. Also, it has been my experience that as long as something is delivered, Paypal will side with the seller. I know this from personal experience as a buyer who has received dead corals & fish.

But I am an honest, hard-working person. I believe that if you ordered corals, you expected them alive. Not a messy bag full of goo. So, if you have losses, I ask that you post your pictures in the thread within an hour of the package being delivered. If you do that, then you will have several choices:

1. Ask for a refund THRU ME PERSONALLY by posting on here. You need to be able to let me recover financially from this mess though. I will mail your refund out to you for the rics only (no shipping or heat packs will be refunded) within 2 weeks from today (that's my next check).

2. Ask for a substitute coral from those I have to sell, which I wil list this weekend. You will be responsible for shipping charges, but I am working with someone trying to help me with this mess to see if I could use their FedEx account to ship overnight at a reduced rate.

3. Ask for replacement rics. I just spoke to the diver and he is willing to help me out by selling me 100 more at $7.00 each. Since I think this is BOTH our faults (yours and mine), I will eat up $3 on each ric, leaving you with only $4 per ric to pay. I also will be packing and shipping these differently, using a method that is guaranteed to work. They are shipped wrapped in a wet paper towel, no heat pack, and using Priority small box flat rate which is $5. This method came from a friend who owns an online business and ships rics from FL to CA and has had ZERO losses in the past 5 years (since he started his business).

If you decide none of these solutions work for you and you wish to file a Paypal claim, so be it. But please know in advance that if that is the case, since they will go into my own personal account, and hold funds until the claim is resolved, I cannot help you any further at that point.

As I requested, please post your losses and preferences for resolution here. Thank you for working with me. I appreciate it.

paypal will most likely always side with the buyer from my experience so don't count on them

I'm willing to throw in a little extra money to help you even though my rics are fine and very colorful

let me know

ps. also I suggest never putting ur # up on a forum

Archived