Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You need to line the boxes with styrofoam, all 6 sides. You can buy a pack of 5 2x4ft sheets at home depot. Ship in about 1 cup of water per ric. The only reason shippers wrap things in paper towels is to save weight, not necessarily better for the coral. Stuff the whole box with packing material so the bags can't move.. newspaper will work fine. If using a heatpack you must wrap it a few times in paper and tape it to the lid of the box and have packing material between the bags and the heat pack. I've always shipped with 40 hour heat packs. IMO 3 days is pushing it for anything to make it alive besides zoas and shrooms.

It is not illegal to ship corals out of state. It is not legal to ship to canada without a CITES permit. It is illegal to import coral to the US without proper licenses. In Florida, there are laws about selling more than a certain dollar amount of coral without an aquaculture license. I believe on a hobbyist level this is now exempt...but thats a whole diff topic. IMO, the fault is that the heatpacks were not taped to the lid of the box allowing the bags to sit right on top of them. Peak temps of heatpacks are around 110 degrees F. 72 hour heat packs reach peak temp in about 24 hours, so those that requested a heat pack but had overnight shipping would have been fine. I don't believe by not adding enough packing material that the rics would have been reduced to brown slush.

well, thats all good but to be honest, we shouldnt be experiments. you should have had all this down to a science before offering up so many, and lets not think of the enviromental impact, we just wiped out a bunch of living creatures. I wasnt informed that my shipment would be 2-3 days late, and i wasnt expecting them in paper towels, what if the paper towels used had a chemical on them and it had nothing to do with time, there are way too many what if's here, and from a buyers perspective this needs to be fully refunded because of the method offered. I do not think you should send more rics out, because it's an enviromental issue and it may not b e legal to ship them without a permit, especially across state lines. Now, lets put ouselves in your shoes, yeah sucks, you are in a pickle but you come off pretty aggresive and defensive which automatically leads to guilt. I think all buyers need a refund asap, please do not ship anything else out of florida.

they ship live rock in wet news paper, i never seen an anemome shipped without water, and i have never seen a heat pack that wasnt wrapped in a brown paper towel and taped to the top of the container, so all of this is due to faulty shipping methods and probably very infant rics, I bet they would have been DOA sent over night in paper towels. Come on Aly, wtf, vials, paper towels, we aint shipping LSD :)

now lets get out that evil credit card, enter it into paypal and start issuing some refunds :)

greg now you change you mine and want a refound because wife is mad. be a man and tell you wife to calm down i beat you never say nothing when she spend money at the mall .take care you own busines
All info I have posted was in hopes that you can learn from my experience. I feel it is way beyond finger pointing at this point. (^ Maybe not...)

I know Bubba. I reacted to yet another mystery email that can't be tracked. And now Greggy lets Mr. Hyde post again & makes me wonder... HUMM

With the amount of money you just spent on gas and rics Aly you could have just issued refunds, even partial refunds because some people should take part of the blame. Then you could have chalked it up to a learning experience and moved on.

With the amount of money you just spent on gas and rics Aly you could have just issued refunds, even partial refunds because some people should take part of the blame. Then you could have chalked it up to a learning experience and moved on.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Plus I didn't know more finger pointing was unraveling. But yes, in retrospect, you're right. I have a feeling though that if Greggy would have gotten half his money back he would still be bashing me.

Unfortunately, it's not that easy. Plus I didn't know more finger pointing was unraveling. But yes, in retrospect, you're right. I have a feeling though that if Greggy would have gotten half his money back he would still be bashing me.
i belive greggy is a nice guy but scare to his wife.please excuse him aly

I would have paid him the other half to just stay off this site. Or maybe he could have used the other $50 to buy his balls back from his wife.

Oh, and several local members can vouch on the sizes of the rics... Orly20, JBall, and Got2Envy all saw them in person.

It is very possible mine will inflate much bigger. They just spent 4 days in a bag. It didn't cross my mind at first. Hey; size doesn't matter...

Bubba, I will get those GSP cut this weekend.

Aly, now my wife is mad, and wants to know what's going to happen since I spent 100.00, btw, the alqae looks great, thanks.

tell you wife to speak to aly and you go wash the dishes.
Oh, and several local members can vouch on the sizes of the rics... Orly20, JBall, and Got2Envy all saw them in person.

As a matter of fact there were several that were the biggest I had seen. They were all very nicely sized and healthy.

Here are some of the ones I picked up.

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

you all are a crazy bunch :D

I dont want a refund, just use it for the experiments. Aly is cool, she wouldnt be driving back down to the keys unless she wasnt trying to work it out, she just uses me as her punching bag. On a serious note though, how many rics are being pulled up out of the keys, thats not exactly cool, but I have a feeling there are alot of them.

Greg the rics being pulled out of the keys are not for my personal amusement as you seem to think. Divers have licenses. They're allowed to collect a certain amount per week based on their license. The diver has chosen to sell to me twice instead of making more money selling to someone else. I haven't done any experiments with any rics. Please stop the bashing. You are the only member acting irrational. I'm trying hard to work this out and your rampages don't really help anyone.

On another note, I am listing some things for sale. If anyone that has had DOCUMENTED losses would like any of these as replacements instead, just let me know. As a matter of fact, I'll put them on here first so that you guys have first dibs. I put what I would have listed them for as their value so you can figure out that part. Everything is brand new, never used, and sealed.

They are as follows:

Frag Plug Tress, Value: $15

7B3DE210-B1B4-42CD-B86D-8D0C5604C10A-10516-000006677D1395EC.jpg

Coral Flue Pens (4 to a bag), Value: $15

641F4D47-BB19-4F92-B472-A691908CAA4E-10516-000006676624104F.jpg

API Test Kit, Value $20

4D137146-970C-404B-80E3-FB51241E383E-10516-00000667901BE0DB.jpg

Too bad there isn't a coral police on nano-reef like the tang police. Shipping corals in a sandwich bag with them sitting on a heat pad...what possible could go wrong??? No Styrofoam boxes is border-line comical. 2 day shipping? Your not shipping macroalgae. So how many corals died from this fiasco?????

Archived