Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

I am also calling it a lost. No replacements required.

I would, on the other hand, be more than happy to take a few of your hands whenever you are done sending replacements.

Just let me know if you have any left over.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
while we wait on my box, here is a pic of my 38 gallon totally overgrown with green star polyps. I have a 55 gallon sump wthl ive rock in it, its also 100% covered in a big sheet of green star polyps, so my tank is filtered by green star polyps and an in sump skimmer, I have not done a water change in over a year.

all fish have been in the tank at least 2 years, the clowns and the big domino damsel host in the star polyps.

DSC04704_Large_.JPG

DSC04681_Large_.JPG

DSC04679_Large_.JPG

so greg no pictures of you tank?

I've read this whole thread and I'm amazed.

Nobody ever guarantees DOA if the buyer uses priority which everyone did when they all had the option of overnight.

I think if you're going to send out "replacements" you should specify overnight shipping only and/or no guarantees for priority mail.

You're a good person for taking on this task on in the first place.

Aly I wouldn't send out more rics. This is asking for more losses and headaches. I mean it's 70 degrees here now but it's supposed to be 47 degrees on Tuesday. The weather is too iffy.

Attention people! If you opted for Priority and/or a heat pack then it's your fault. Everyone knows Priority is not guaranteed so suck it up.

Greg, I like how you have ignored all of Aly's attempts to apologize. Even posting negative comments after her first apology. Be a man and publically accept her apology. Or be a ##### and hide behind your attorney.

+1. I don't think you should send more out if they asked for heat packs and cheap shipping. There was no arrive alive guarantee. USPS is not the quickest or most reliable. You've lost way too much time and money tying to save people money and help them out.

Maybe Ricordia is not the best thing to ship, seems like the hit rate non heat pack vs heat pack wasnt a factor, maybe ricordia is an overnight only item. just a thought

morning update on my box as if anyone cares :)

Still showing in Sunny Florida, maybe stopped by the DEA wondering what the hell all these boxes are coming from with this strange brown liquid substance. :o

Says that I am supposed to receive today, but I work today so they will sit on the front porch until 6pm :huh:

I will probably be able to do a photo unveiling tonight around 7pm eastern time so stand by

morning update on my box as if anyone cares :)

Still showing in Sunny Florida, maybe stopped by the DEA wondering what the hell all these boxes are coming from with this strange brown liquid substance. :o

Says that I am supposed to receive today, but I work today so they will sit on the front porch until 6pm :huh:

I will probably be able to do a photo unveiling tonight around 7pm eastern time so stand by

don't worry greg dea allready knows that strange brown substance is on hes way to that strange container that you call fishtank.

This just came in a few moments ago.

74268E79.jpg

Not really keeping my hopes up after all the casualties posted here.

Here is what went out of the box.

Mostly just wet, pungent (smells like an unclean men's restroom) which even with the box unopened there is that faint smell, and some rock fragments. Some goo here and there but mostly just rock fragment.

There is a bit of a tissue in the rock piece on the top first pic.

Will post videos too later on unboxing.

A6588DC7.jpg

7F301245.jpg

DB5381D7.jpg

Im begining to question the packaging.. Though i dont think the reason this went sour was related specifically to packaging, that last post left a lot of room for things to shake around, as well as I have never been shipped a coral in a zip-lock..? All these obviously died because everyone went with the cheapest shipping option but i would say improve the packaging next time to increase chances and lower risk.

One question..how legal is it to collect Ricordia or any other coral in Florida? Especially a 250 count in one day? I have a diver friend in coral and good get him to collect some stuff for me if is as simple as getting a rec license!!!

Let us know if you are doing another batch, I may be in on the next one.

I swear to you this is not fake, guess what... I just received a phone call from my home they said, you have a box and it's real stinky. Pics when I get home.

I swear to you this is not fake, guess what... I just received a phone call from my home they said, you have a box and it's real stinky. Pics when I get home.

damit, my wife is now floating the bags in my tank, arggggggg, she said one looks green, one bad is smelly, so we will see, I may have some survivors out of the 11.

I don't know why anyone who requested the heat pack is still surprised by what they receive. We all know what has happened and why it happened...

I don't know why anyone who requested the heat pack is still surprised by what they receive. We all know what has happened and why it happened...

I don't undersrand why people who weren't involved in this group buy continue to comment on the people who chose 2 day priority shipping and heat packs and saying that we got what we deserved for "being cheap". Rics are commonly sentpriority mail, especially when not going cross country. As for the heat packs, when we ordered it was much cooler weather in the northeast, with evening temps in the 30's. We were supposed to have our packages shipped on a Monday during the cooler weather. As it turns out, the shipper had to wait on the heat packs that some of us requested and the shipment did not go out until the following week. Also, the heat packs were used incorrectly in the packaging, and the packages had entirely too much free space for the corals to bounce around and possibly lay directly on the heat packs with only the zip lock baggie and a paper towel to protect it.

Really, I think there were a multitude of mistakes made and I think the seller may have got in over her head unsuspectingly. I'm sure that she did her best to get us our rics safely. I personally do not hold her solely responsible, and am not requesting any recourse or bashing her. I just think we are all getting a bad rap because of one IDIOT runninh his mouth and I don't think anybody "got what they deserved".

That's my 2 cents. And pardon any typos as I'm writing this on my phone...

I don't undersrand why people who weren't involved in this group buy continue to comment on the people who chose 2 day priority shipping and heat packs and saying that we got what we deserved for "being cheap". Rics are commonly sentpriority mail, especially when not going cross country. As for the heat packs, when we ordered it was much cooler weather in the northeast, with evening temps in the 30's. We were supposed to have our packages shipped on a Monday during the cooler weather. As it turns out, the shipper had to wait on the heat packs that some of us requested and the shipment did not go out until the following week. Also, the heat packs were used incorrectly in the packaging, and the packages had entirely too much free space for the corals to bounce around and possibly lay directly on the heat packs with only the zip lock baggie and a paper towel to protect it.

Really, I think there were a multitude of mistakes made and I think the seller may have got in over her head unsuspectingly. I'm sure that she did her best to get us our rics safely. I personally do not hold her solely responsible, and am not requesting any recourse or bashing her. I just think we are all getting a bad rap because of one IDIOT runninh his mouth and I don't think anybody "got what they deserved".

Wrong who ever told you Florida ricordea anemones are usually shipped priority is a idiot. Ricordeas are anemones and anemones should be shipped overnight. The seller offered priority or overnight and the majority went for the cheaper option. Cheaper is the way nano reef memebers tend to go for because the crowd here is younger and have less money to spend.

Wrong who ever told you Florida ricordea anemones are usually shipped priority is a idiot. Ricordeas are anemones and anemones should be shipped overnight. The seller offered priority or overnight and the majority went for the cheaper option. Cheaper is the way nano reef memebers tend to go for because the crowd here is younger and have less money to spend.

Actually they are mushrooms, not anemones. And I didn't say "usually", I said commonly. I have gotten a few deliveries in the past, both overnight and 2 day priority. I have never received a bag of brown slime in a napkin.

And the majority is CHEAP because that is why you jumped on a group buy.

My ricordeas look great because I always pay for overnight shipping even with leathers. You never know when USPS is going to take a nap and forget your package. I do like how people start to dig and find flaws with packaging when they could of just paid overnight shipping and had live corals.

IMG_0899.jpg

Corals007.jpg

I think this is spot on.

I received my Rics today. Package was sent to an old address of mine; partially my fault. I had the pack forwarded and it ended up spending 4 long days in transit. To my suprise, even with a heat pack, they were not melted. Two of the heads tore up a bit. Two look really great. One is closed up. Only one bag had discolored water. If I got the pack in two days I imagine they would have a much better shot. All-in-all 3 out of 5 with a heat pack for 4 days. Priority is plenty fast IMO. Sure overnight would be much better but seems like a waste when your talking about $40 worth of coral. The heat pack is not the issue. Priority shipping is not the issue. I think it's just the gamble you take when buying livestock via the Internet.

Aly, thank you for putting this together and communicating through this tough process. You can check me off as a happy customer.

Actually they are mushrooms, not anemones. And I didn't say "usually", I said commonly. I have gotten a few deliveries in the past, both overnight and 2 day priority. I have never received a bag of brown slime in a napkin.

Wrong again little Jedi. Wanna keep going? A mushroom is a mushroom. A florida ricordea is a anemone/ mushroom anemone. If you sent mushrooms priority they would still be alive after 3-4 days.

Wrong again little Jedi. Wanna keep going? A mushroom is a mushroom. A florida ricordea is a anemone/ mushroom anemone. If you sent mushrooms priority they would still be alive after 3-4 days.

Excuse me?? Who are you calling "little"? You don't know me and I've been civil and expect the same. I'm no expert, but every site I read about these says that they are mushrooms. I have heard them called mushroom anemones, but mushrooms none the less. I think we're getting off base here, anyway. If you're looming to pick a fight with your beligerent tone, I'm not interested.

Sorry for calling you little. :flower: People always think they are mushrooms and they can be shipped priority. Didn't know you could since a tone thru my text.

Im begining to question the packaging.. Though i dont think the reason this went sour was related specifically to packaging, that last post left a lot of room for things to shake around, as well as I have never been shipped a coral in a zip-lock..?

How often do you do trades with hobbiests though? If it was a company I'd be fuming, but out of ~ 10ish transactions, as far as I know, only myself and one other person uses real bags.

On a side note, the most depressing thing ever during a trade is when I spent over 15 dollars ensuring a box was perfectly packed with peanuts, styrofoam insulation, a heat pack, triple bagged corals, and an actual hope that the coral would live. I got in return a box just big enough to slide a sandwich bag with a melted coral inside and extra tape to make sure they didn't get the package sent back when it started dripping. That was an extreme example though. I have had the ziplock bags sent to me a few times with beautiful corals. Usually they are double bagged in the opposite direction to stop slow leaks however.

Sealife clearly offers priority shipping on all their riccordeas and I've ordered from them. They send it 2-3 day shipping with a live arrival guarantee. So the shipping method in this case was neither cheap on buyers part or out of the ordinary to be offered on the sellers part.

Does this explain why my "anenome" made it 4 days in transit?

Does this explain why my "anenome" made it 4 days in transit?

Not sure what you are asking? I can tell you if you overnighted you would have 5 out of 5 insted of 3 of the 5.There is a difference in a plain mushroom and a Ricordea. Mushrooms tolerate longer shipping times than Ricordeas. You can get Rics from saltcritters when they have there sales every month for 5 dollars each.

Archived