Coral Vue Hydros

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was yours bagged with water or wrapped in wet paper towel?

Bagged in a couple oz of water. Heat pack was no where near the bags. Was a lot of room for movement but looked perfect when I opened it.

Bagged in a couple oz of water. Heat pack was no where near the bags. Was a lot of room for movement but looked perfect when I opened it.

But were they wrapped in paper towels?

Ok I have seen pictures of the paper towels and I assumed they were wrapped in paper towels to avoid movement. Was there no water in the bags? When I ship Ricordeas I wrap them in a paper towel and about a cup of water per ricordea.

Sorry for calling you little. :flower: People always think they are mushrooms and they can be shipped priority. Didn't know you could since a tone thru my text.

I can definitely understand condescension when I read it. Anyway, no worries about the comment and thanks for the apology (if it was sincere - It's much harder to read sincerity from a comment). Anyway, I still contend that rics are mushrooms and not anemones, but that's only my opinion. Have a good night!!

No water, just wet paper towels. Water would have helped tremendously.

I assume that my paper towels soaked up whatever water was in there?

I can definitely understand condescension when I read it. Anyway, no worries about the comment and thanks for the apology (if it was sincere - It's much harder to read sincerity from a comment). Anyway, I still contend that rics are mushrooms and not anemones, but that's only my opinion. Have a good night!!

Hope you have a good night as well. I just personally think Ricordeas should be sent overnight for best results.

Hope you have a good night as well. I just personally think Ricordeas should be sent overnight for best results.

I now agree with that assessment and will always do so in the future!

They are small; about the size of a quarter per mouth. The ones I received anyway. All blue with green mouths.

I must come from another planet then, because the Rics I saw divers bring into a LFS in Florida were attached to small rocks, and larger than an oreo cookie. I dont think these were large hardy rics to begin with, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I must come from another planet then, because the Rics I saw divers bring into a LFS in Florida were attached to small rocks, and larger than an oreo cookie. I dont think these were large hardy rics to begin with, but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I have no idea; they were smaller than I expected though. Hard to tell scale from pictures.

Bubba, I will get those GSP cut this weekend.

Aly, now my wife is mad, and wants to know what's going to happen since I spent 100.00, btw, the alqae looks great, thanks.

I think there is a combination of issues that led to so many DOA's

1) Rics were shipped in wet towels instead of water.

2) For those that choose heat packs there was a sudden weather change which caused the rics to overheat with the heat pack.

3) The boxes were not packed tightly so the corals bounced around and were either damaged during shipping or laid on the heat pack for an extended period of time.

4) they were shipped priority which maybe took a day or two longer than it should have.

Everyone experienced this with their shipment, but whether or not they buyer received DOA's was a matter of luck and the relative distance to the seller.

Ricordeas are also called "wrong Florida corals”. They are a type of “anemone", therefore not "real" coral. They come from the family of the Corallimorpharian, that occur in different colors of orange and green to neon-green and shining blue.

Ricordeas anemones grow to a diameter of 4 to 10 cm and can show up to six mouth-openings per animal.

So 1.5-4 inches; these are tiny. Anenome too.

Bubba, I will get those GSP cut this weekend.

Aly, now my wife is mad, and wants to know what's going to happen since I spent 100.00, btw, the alqae looks great, thanks.

That's what wives do..... :). If she is mad she is mad, it's just a part of life... sometimes money goes down the drain when accidents happen.

On another note..lets not forget the the OP made clear that she would fix the problems through personal message. You also stated that you did not need any amendments to your order.

That's what wives do..... :). If she is mad she is mad, it's just a part of life... sometimes money goes down the drain when accidents happen.

On another note..lets not forget the the OP made clear that she would fix the problems through personal message. You also stated that you did not need any amendments to your order.

yeah true about that

Just got on after driving 6 hours and spending A LOT of money to buy more rics to replace these. I see the thread grew to 4 pages of more finger pointing. Wow. To answer some questions, most of these were shipped in bags full of water, a couple in small vials that were supposed to be water tight, and 3 or 4, maybe 5 (I can't remember anymore), were wrapped in paper towels with water in the bag. The one constant here was the heat packs. Out of 20 orders, 17 had heat packs. I haven't heard from 3 or 4 people. Three packages were sent with no heat. Out of those 3, 2 arrived intact. Out of the other 18, 2 with heat packs arrived partially alive, and 1 of those was wrapped with paper towels, 1 of them in bag-fulls.

KidCNU can tell you how his were packed. He was the first one to get a DOA. His were in vials, full of water. The vials were taped together with bubble wrap around them. I think they were packed extremely well, but did they make it? No. Why? There was heat.

There were mentions of small rics. The rics were all pictured in one of my very first posts. You all saw their sizes. If you're judging their size by the amount of blob you have in a bag or a towel, that's not accurate. Corals shrink when stressed. You cant expect for a disintegrated ric to look like a healthy ric (which were how these left my possession).

In any event, whether its my fault or not, I will stand by my word to fix things. One member has

already worked a deal to get Rastas from me via overnight. He threw some money into it, but he's getting a fantastic deal. What I am trying to say is that I am an honest person. I'm not here to cheat

anyone. If anything, this has cost me more money than if I had given them away free. Think I'm kidding? Do the math: Between my lost pay in order to ship ($250), the supplies ($30), the gas to take my kids as far away as I could when I was getting threats ($150), the gas to go pick the new rics up down in Key West, which is 200 miles away from me ($80), and the money I paid for them in advance ($7/ea x 50, all I could afford = $350), I would have been less poor had I offered

free rics. But that's ok. Like I said, I'm honest and I'm not going anywhere.

I am sending several "test packages" to an un-involved party thousands of miles from me to see how these fare. I will be using several different methods again. I will not take money for new rics until I have the method pinned. But just so you guys know, today I asked the diver what was the best way to ship these. His reply was that he ships several hundred in one bag, several times per week. He recently had USPS Express run late on a delivery and it took them 2 days to deliver the package. The buyer claimed a full loss, although he doubts this, so he says there's never any guarantee, even when using next day. But he says he will not guarantee live arrival unless overnight is used and called me crazy to be doing this when priority mail was involved. I said it was ok, it was the right thing to do. I still think it is, and like I said before, I offered resolutions and I stand by them.

my package was packed very well, very beat up by usps but vials still had almost all water in them, the only big thing aly and i could think of is the heat pack. as the rics made it in two days.

well, thats all good but to be honest, we shouldnt be experiments. you should have had all this down to a science before offering up so many, and lets not think of the enviromental impact, we just wiped out a bunch of living creatures. I wasnt informed that my shipment would be 2-3 days late, and i wasnt expecting them in paper towels, what if the paper towels used had a chemical on them and it had nothing to do with time, there are way too many what if's here, and from a buyers perspective this needs to be fully refunded because of the method offered. I do not think you should send more rics out, because it's an enviromental issue and it may not b e legal to ship them without a permit, especially across state lines. Now, lets put ouselves in your shoes, yeah sucks, you are in a pickle but you come off pretty aggresive and defensive which automatically leads to guilt. I think all buyers need a refund asap, please do not ship anything else out of florida.

they ship live rock in wet news paper, i never seen an anemome shipped without water, and i have never seen a heat pack that wasnt wrapped in a brown paper towel and taped to the top of the container, so all of this is due to faulty shipping methods and probably very infant rics, I bet they would have been DOA sent over night in paper towels. Come on Aly, wtf, vials, paper towels, we aint shipping LSD :)

now lets get out that evil credit card, enter it into paypal and start issuing some refunds :)

Archived