SaltCritters.com

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

I am working with a diver/collector to get Florida Ricordea at discounted rates. Right now, we would need to purchase 100 in order to get the rate, which is currently $8. If we purchase 200, it goes down to $7. These are all prime ricordea, with multiple mouths and in varied colors which sell at LFS for $12-15 each. Shipping would run $10 flat fee via USPS Priority, or $30 via USPS Express, if your zip code is within their next day delivery zone. Shipping would be from Florida and does not include a heat pack or an ice pack.

Please reply to this thread if interested, so that all communications are kept public and there are no misunderstandings. NO PMs please. Also, please post how many you'd be interested in.

I should have some pictures posted by tonight or tomorrow.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these were bright polyps and healthy ... I'd be down. Count me in for 10. I can send you a heat pack to include with the Priority Mail shipping to ensure they get to Michigan safely.

By the way - does come with any sort of substrate in their "foot" so we can superglue?

Bonsai, I believe they would come with a little bit of rubble (they did last time), but not much since they are only allowed to collect them with a certain amount.

Malady & Stanton24 - Post your numbers please, so I can get an accurate count.

It'll be an assortment of colors but I'll try & get you what you want... or keep away from what you DON'T want.

Orly pick up would be in Cutler Bay, and since your order would not involve shipping, I pmd you my number so you can text me.

I believe Priority shipping to NYC would be fine.

Is there a minimum? I mean if I wanted a few (2-5) would that be ok?

When would we need to pay?

There's no minimum. Orders need to be finalized by Sunday. I'll start taking payments tonight, after I post pictures of the lot. There may be other goodies available too ;)

I'm in for 4. I would also like to send you a heatpack or purchase one from you (if available) to insure the rics make it okay to Maryland.

How do we find out if we are in the next day delivery zone? Also, how much would it cost for a heat pack to be added to the shipment?

If I can figure those things out I'm in for 6.

Interested but no one will be home when mail gets delivered :/

Can it be dropped off on a Sat or is it only on business days.

EDIT: I would only be in for 1 since i have never worked with them before.

Interested but no one will be home when mail gets delivered :/

Can it be dropped off on a Sat or is it only on business days.

EDIT: I would only be in for 1 since i have never worked with them before.

They are great to work with and can handle a lot...super easy to take care of. One of those things that look better with more than one.

Any chance there might be some Sexy Shrimp in the mix?!?!?

Shipping would not begin until Monday Oct. 15, so deliveries would begin happening Oct. 16 forward (depending on your choice of shipping). I will not require signature on Express Mail so that post masters can leave boxes. However, to say that a particular shipment will arrive specifically on a Saturday, would be a stretch. I suppose if I ship on a Thursday, Saturday delivery is a possibility but there's a risk they get stuck in the mail till the following Monday.

No sexy shrimp in the mix that I am aware of.

how much money are you looking to make on this group buy ?

$1.75 per shipment, built into the shipping costs (not the price of rics), but if anyone would like to pay more, I will gladly take it. Woohoo! I'll be RICH! fingerscrossed

And if you ask around, group buys are not "money makers", but "opportunities" to get something for less than normal prices.

Archived