Cultivated Reef

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds like you guys weren't getting the whole story from the beginning. I still think blaming people for ordering heat packs, when the heat packs were clearly misused is comical.

You're right. The packaging was at fault, and this fact was being overshadowed by the heat pack issue. Almost all buyers took responsibility for asking for heat packs and forgave the seller the clearly unprofessional packing. She's not a coral shop so this is understandable, in fact credit goes to her for wanting to make this happen in the first place. The seller went out of her way to try to make it right but the second round of shipping was not successful either.

You would think at that point you write it off as a loss, refund whatever you have to or feel guilty for and move on.

But no. The saga continues.

This thread is remaining open solely for the interested parties to stay informed. If you're not involved please resist the urge to post unhelpful information/comments.

Not that I owe anyone any explanations, but in order to meet my responsibilities I sold off very large sps pieces from my tank (mostly ORA) to a local lfs and since this was still not enough to repay everyone, I borrowed the rest of the money until I get paid again in 2 weeks. I am trying my very best to stay level-headed and do right by people yet my efforts keep getting criticized over & over by none other than who?? Uninterested & unrelated parties. Now that is the comical part!

Tell you what though, if these stupid postings continue I may just say what some of you have repeatedly posted you would have said... "F everybody!"

Sounds like you guys weren't getting the whole story from the beginning. I still think blaming people for ordering heat packs, when the heat packs were clearly misused is comical.

You specifically, go f yourself! Get a life and stop posting on here.

You're right. The packaging was at fault, and this fact was being overshadowed by the heat pack issue. Almost all buyers took responsibility for asking for heat packs and forgave the seller the clearly unprofessional packing. She's not a coral shop so this is understandable, in fact credit goes to her for wanting to make this happen in the first place. The seller went out of her way to try to make it right but the second round of shipping was not successful either.

You would think at that point you write it off as a loss, refund whatever you have to or feel guilty for and move on.

But no. The saga continues.

Kat, I'm trying my best here girl. The last person I expected to turn on me was you. Help me out here. You don't even have a dog in this fight cause your money was returned to you very promptly.

Tell you what though, if these stupid postings continue I may just say what some of you have repeatedly posted you would have said... "F everybody!"

Please don't let idiots that are uninvolved dissuade you from doing what you feel is right.

How easy would it have been for me to say just that? "F everybody" and "good luck getting your money back". But instead of doing that I chopped up my reef, went out and sold it for peanuts, only to not have my efforts pass public inspection. Anyone's mommy ever tell them "if you don't have anything nice to say shut the F up"???

Please don't let idiots that are uninvolved dissuade you from doing what you feel is right.

Don't worry Bubba, I won't. I answer to a higher authority than the N-R trolls.

Looks like Greg has the winning strategy here.

Btw, that'd be a negative. Greg is the only one I ain't refunding/sending/replacing $HIT to!

Wow...dont look at this thread for a few days and it goes crazy...I know it is late, but I wanted to respond to what you asked me. I did try to put the Rics into water right after I got them but they kind of just washed off the rock. I just wanted to keep you informed.

-Yury

well hopefully the new experimental method of shipping in urine containers will do the trick,

I'm gonna order some rics from another place tonight and some fish, so nanana

34.jpg

well hopefully the new experimental method of shipping in urine containers will do the trick,

rQr6J.gif

Really? You take the image right out of my photobucket account?

fail. pure failure.

34.jpg

greg do you self a favor and don't order more.

post-76260-1351458035_thumb.jpg

34.jpg

urine containers are actually one of the best ways to transport corals.

How successful were you at selling reefer5168, got any tips LOL

just stop posting on this thread greg. its not doing anything to help, just stupid posts to piss aly off.

How successful were you at selling reefer5168, got any tips LOL
if you like to see how many corals i sold in other forums and feedbacks i get,you are very welcome greg.tell you wife she can pick a coral that she wants i will give it to her.this is a real fishtank not the crap that you have.lol

post-76260-1351463062_thumb.jpg

Kat, I'm trying my best here girl. The last person I expected to turn on me was you. Help me out here. You don't even have a dog in this fight cause your money was returned to you very promptly.

Sorry Aly, no I didn't mean to make it seem I turned on you. It just seems logical if you were able to borrow and sell enough to get some cash that you would just refund those that wanted a refund (exclude Greg here for the time being). But to go out and spend more to get more rics then packaging then shipping on your dime, that's just not logical.

I've shipped coral and sometimes it did not make it and I refunded the buyer. I didn't buy or frag whole new coral to make it up to them and eat the cost of shipping also. I'm not live aquaria.

Sorry Aly, no I didn't mean to make it seem I turned on you. It just seems logical if you were able to borrow and sell enough to get some cash that you would just refund those that wanted a refund (exclude Greg here for the time being). But to go out and spend more to get more rics then packaging then shipping on your dime, that's just not logical.

I've shipped coral and sometimes it did not make it and I refunded the buyer. I didn't buy or frag whole new coral to make it up to them and eat the cost of shipping also. I'm not live aquaria.

+10

34.jpg

Wow. Really now? Greg, you are the definition of a "super douche," good luck with that.

I'm not Live Aquaria either but we all handle things differently. I didnt have a dime 2 pgs ago. I had spent it all on the rics. And then A LFS found out about my troubles here & bought some of my large corals. It wasn't enough to offer EVERYBODY a full refund, and it wouldnt be fair to only offer it to some, but it was enough to ship the rics that I had already bought in a manner that they will make it. You'd think instead of criticism I'd get a little slack cut for doing the right thing. But I guess people on here are just used to getting screwed over & told "too bad". I don't work like that. I was brought up differently.

I have learned a valuable lesson though, that no good deed goes unpunished.

I remember a few years ago I bought a 2.5 gallon tank from Ally here on nano-reef.

It shattered in transit and right away I got furious and accusatory. In an instant she offered to refund me the cost of a 2.5 gallon tank which turned out to be about 10 bucks,boy did I feel like a fool.She is an honest person and has Apparently been running circles around herself to clear this up. After all the BS that many people on here have given her a lot of people would've just said screw you all, But here she is still trying to fix this horrible mess. Give her a break people, Her original intent was good. Hell,she wasn't even going to make any more than a dollar and some change off each transaction & For what?!

All she ended up with was a ton of stress and losing a lot of money just a few weeks before the holidays, I feel really bad for her.

If someone would set up a donation account to help her get out of this mess I would gladly contribute a few bucks to it you, guys do it for all sorts of other reasons.

I really wish you wouldn't of sold your colonies to the LFS,Ally :(

Archived