Top Shelf Aquatics

FS: Florida Ricordia group buy

Reef Chicks

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guys I think I'm done. I don't have any money in Paypal because every red cent went to pay for the rics, shipping and whatever supplies I used. I also lost a day's pay so my paycheck will be short next pay cycle (I'm a teacher and they pay us every other week), so it'll be a while before I can put money in there. I don't think filing a dispute or a claim will get anyone any money, and I am an honest person, so I think the best thing for me to do is sell off my tank so I can refund everybody, or, for whomever wants, I can also take pictures of everything in my tank and if you had a loss just let me know what you want from it. Keep in mind my stuff isn't "nano" sized because I have a 144 gallon tank, so some of these pieces may be large. Just post on here what you want and I'll send it out. Or if you prefer to wait for a refund, I will gladly send it but it'll probably take me another 2 weeks.

All I ask is that the harassing emails and phone calls stop please. Also, the lies. I have shipped every single package out. Please don't file claims stating otherwise. Thank you.

#### that. THEY decided to cheap out on an already extremely low priced item compared to similar items. THEY chose to include a heatpack even though it was advised that it wasn't needed.

If I tell a taxi driver to take a left even though I needed to go right, is it his fault? No!

Its hard to the seller to fight back with PayPal, but refer them tk this thread and all pm's with the accusers. I would also file a police report with whomever made and threatening or harassing phone calls.

Good luck with everything.

I opted for a heat pack because it was such a big part of the thread, I thought why not spend an extra $1.50

I didnt think there would be issues especially if the heat pack was small enough, wrapped in a paper bag like most shippers do and taped to the top of the box, also, I paid on the 18th and today is 24th.

I didnt lie in my paypal dispute, I have not received my purchase and others are reporting damage, that was my dispute. I have been dealing on the internet long enough to know when more than one person has an issue it means start your claim asap. If they arrive ok, I will remove the dispute, if they arrive dead I expect a full refund.

Amount: $100.00 USD

Sent on: October 18, 2012

Message in your payment email: ladybug5234@aol.com 100.00 just make it an assortment $80 for rics, $10 shipping, 1.50 for heat pack 91.50 Here is an even 100.00, toss in an extra or something else, like algae thank you so much Greg

YES you lied. Ypu got a tracking number yet you said i did not ship out and that other people here were saying they didnt receive their stuff either. Here's the proof...

#### that. THEY decided to cheap out on an already extremely low priced item compared to similar items. THEY chose to include a heatpack even though it was advised that it wasn't needed.

If I tell a taxi driver to take a left even though I needed to go right, is it his fault? No!

Its hard to the seller to fight back with PayPal, but refer them tk this thread and all pm's with the accusers. I would also file a police report with whomever made and threatening or harassing phone calls.

Good luck with everything.

+1 to the police report. Liars should also be banned.

oh my gosh aly, im so sorry this is happening. i hope that you dont have to sell all of your stuff to resolve this. :(

It's ok, I'm done with the hobby for good. It's been a fun 22 years in it, but today's memory of my kid crying because someone said they were "going to harm mommy if she didn't return their money pronto" will be forever etched in my mind and serve as a constant reminder that this hobby is just not worth it.

I can't file a police report because the call came from a blocked number and emails are coming in from a recently made up account.

It's fine though. I'm done. Everyone will be repaid. I'm really sorry. I tried my best. I really did.

It's ok, I'm done with the hobby for good. It's been a fun 22 years in it, but today's memory of my kid crying because someone said they were "going to harm mommy if she didn't return their money pronto" will be forever etched in my mind and serve as a constant reminder that this hobby is just not worth it.

No clue who did this I'm sure since the ####ing coward probably blocked their caller ID. What a piece of ####.

You poor thing, aly... What the hell is wrong with these people? Grow up! If your shipment arrives dead because you decided to get the heat pack even though you were advised not to, this is b]your fault[/b]. The world does not revolve around you, so buck up, admit your mistake, and move on. When you dispute this crap with paypal, the money doesn't just magically appear back in your account! It gets taken from somewhere, and in this case you are really hurting an innocent person who was only trying to help you out in the first place!

Aly, you are too nice. You did a wonderful thing trying to help the NR community and I'm sorry people are making you feel as though you need to make this right when quite honestly, you don't. You did everything correctly, so puff out your chest and tell everyone else to eff off. The fact that this is even an issue is ridicules.

people calling and sending email is a bit dumb, i agree with that.

i suggest you take down that photo which includes my personal information or you will get a call from my corporate attorney in the morning.

i agreed to monday ship is fine, not wed.

Better have your attorney look into whether or not you can file a PayPal claim "in advance".

I can't file a police report because the call came from a blocked number and emails are coming in from a recently made up account.

It's fine though. I'm done. Everyone will be repaid. I'm really sorry. I tried my best. I really did.

that is really to bad. if you need any help, im only about 45 minutes away. 22 years is a long time, maybe it is time for a change. are you still doing pdf's?

i suggest you take down that photo which includes my personal information or you will get a call from my corporate attorney in the morning.

More threats... just what I need. I think I'm experiencing cyber-bullying. Wow.

I haven't received mine yet and no matter what happens with the shipment there won't be complaints from me, but if people are getting so hot and bothered over this and over a few bucks they are in the wrong hobby. Nothing is cheap in this hobby and I'm sure everyone here has bought a coral at full price and it died. You lost a few bucks, get over. No reason to ruin a helpful persons passion (reefing) Because you lost some discretionary money (and yes I feel any money spent on reefing is discretionary or you shouldn't be spending it).

Happy reefing and please don't sell off your tank Aly!

I don't believe this was a 'corporate' purchase Greg.

And filings a dispute 'in advance' is probably the worst case of intentional fraud I have even blatantly heard a person admit to. Pretty dumb for a guy with access to a corporate attorney. :lol:

This is ridiculous!!

There was NO Arrive alive guarantee. What are people so mad about?? Geeze, I've lost things in shipping before and it just HAPPENS. It's not the seller's fault it's mine for being cheap. I can't believe the nerve of some people.

I don't believe this was a 'corporate' purchase Greg.

And filings a dispute 'in advance' is probably the worst case of intentional fraud I have even blatantly heard a person admit to. Pretty dumb for a guy with access to a corporate attorney. :lol:

He keeps adding messages to the claim saying I chose the wrong size heat packs, etc. All lies. I didn't even choose the heat packs for anybody!!! And he stated that he went along with one because everybody else was doing it!!

I opted for a heat pack because it was such a big part of the thread, I thought why not spend an extra $1.50

I didnt think there would be issues especially if the heat pack was small enough...

HE chose the size... NOT ME!!! For goodness sake, HE chose A heat pack! I didn't even offer one in this thread!

i dont see how you think I lied, what i didnt see is my box arrive yesterday, you said monday ship, but it shipped today, then i login here a see some pictures of a disaster, so i filed a report stating just that in order to ensure I had some protection incase this was a fraud or some other kind of internet rip off, i dont know you from adam, it looks like you have a ton of postings so i didnt see any risk, maybe someone hijacked your account, who knows, i will drop the dispute if everything turns out ok, what is the big deal anyways. you are making this out to be a big issue, it's not, but when you start posting screenshots of peoples paypal info on the internet it starts to cross that line. you should be banned for doing such a thing.

And you should be banned for lying! And I don't know, but mother's intuition tells me it was you who spoke to my kid.

This whole thing is ridiculous. How many people even got in on this deal? It seems like the majority of us are okay with everything that's happening, which means it could probably only be one or two people who apparently feel it necessary to demand their money back and make threatening calls.

Aly, could you refund the couple people who want their money back and then we can all move forward without them? I'd be willing to pitch in for new rics and to pay back the people who are causing issues for you/this group buy.

i dont see how you think I lied, what i didnt see is my box arrive yesterday, you said monday ship, but it shipped today, then i login here a see some pictures of a disaster, so i filed a report stating just that in order to ensure I had some protection incase this was a fraud or some other kind of internet rip off, i dont know you from adam, it looks like you have a ton of postings so i didnt see any risk, maybe someone hijacked your account, who knows, i will drop the dispute if everything turns out ok, what is the big deal anyways. you are making this out to be a big issue, it's not, but when you start posting screenshots of peoples paypal info on the internet it starts to cross that line. you should be banned for doing such a thing.

And how can your box arrive yesterday if you "agreed to a Monday ship" and you paid for Priority Mail???? See, you're FULL of lies!!!

And you should be banned for lying! And I don't know, but mother's intuition tells me it was you who spoke to my kid.

+10000!

I thought the same thing! He picked the heat pack and then filed a claim in advance. I'm calling my car insurance company. I feel an accident coming in the near future. What a dick head.

And how can your box arrive yesterday if you "agreed to a Monday ship" and you paid for Priority Mail???? See, you're FULL of lies!!!

Priority is always two day unless in state. Maybe not a liar, maybe just dumb as a box of hammers.

+10000!

I thought the same thing! He picked the heat pack and then filed a claim in advance. I'm calling my car insurance company. I feel an accident coming in the near future. What a dick head.

Priority is always two day unless in state. Maybe not a liar, maybe just dumb as a box of hammers.

I need to file an advance claim of water damage because Im sure im going to accidentally leave my RO running.

Yankees2bills51

I purchased multiple ricordia and also a lot a high end zoas with my order. I am 100% happy with the transaction and would without a doubt buy from her again. To see someone leave the hobby because she tried to help everyone in the hobby would be a shame. There was nothing said about live arrival garunenteed and the heat packs were 100% optional. People don't want to blame thereselves for their choices and want to blame someone and the seller would be the easiest to blame. Now she will have to put up with PayPal which is a pain in general let alone them not knowing a think about corals or the shipping process on them. You have 45 days to make a claim on PayPal and to make them before they even are delivered doesn't make sence. Thank you for you effort and because of this we can pretty much count out group buys like this in the future. You guys should be considered lucky she said she was going to even try to resolve the problems. Thanks

Archived