Top Shelf Aquatics

Don't want to offend anyone tank.

patback

I meant to get some water today but say around instead. Tomorow for sure. I've got the water still from yesterday's water change, but I have no idea what's been in the bucket before and don't want to put my equipment in it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:wub:

:). I can't wait to set everything up. I remember first starting off thinking " these people are crazy spending all this money on equipment that isn't needed". I'm slowly starting to love gadgets.

How are you liking your skimmer?

:). I can't wait to set everything up. I remember first starting off thinking " these people are crazy spending all this money on equipment that isn't needed". I'm slowly starting to love gadgets.

How are you liking your skimmer?

I just cleaned it of cooties. I call it my big boy skimmer. I felt all growed up when Jedi hooked me up with it.

It works very well. Sometimes I have black skimmate, sometimes not so dark. depends on what you feed the tank and stuff.

Everyone get ready to laugh :D

BDF8026E-8CD0-4273-8BC7-866541522771-147-0000001144626C23.jpg

I don't know if the rubbed look that you would get with a steel wool would match the decor in your house, if it does I say go for it.

I don't know anything about staining but I would say the door on the left was done when the stain wasn't mixed with the oil properly.

The thing is, I applied the stain in the order of top, left side, front face, left door, right door, right side. That couldn't have been the problem. Idk, it's whatever at this point. I'd take a pic of my room for you to see but at this moment it looks like a bomb went off :D

I'm thinking some sort of clear oil must have been spilt on the board at a warehouse or somthing. It's the only thing I can think of since it's random splotches that won't absorb anything.

Jedi, I got the skimmer in the mail today! What's going on with these directions though? It says the venturi tube goes from the pump, though the two holes, and then to the top.

Question 1) is the blue piece that connects to the pump supposed to fit so loosely?

2) I've got a tube connected to the pump, and another one already in place near collection cup, but no way to connect them (I'm assuming they are supposed to be connected since the picture shows a line in the middle. )

CF850ED9-B206-4F45-A601-8E6FC44F6773-147-0000000746F88A50.jpg

How large is this "thing" and what size tank are you using this one payback .. it looks huge unless it is due to how the pic was taken.

Oh man! Nice try on the stand, lol, that has happened to me many times, don't know why. :angry:

I just ended painting mine black. Hey, nice skimmer!

My suns were pigs, I would put chunks of food on them whenever I could. The soon learn to extend during the day whenever they smell food.

They still are...and still do! Sun's take out more silversides then my nem.

Speaking of pigs, I took this pic last night. It's amazing that despite being toppled over by snails and crabs, the yellow suns get caught open in the daytime when food is nowhere around. The black sums are coming around, just not as quickly as the yellow. The tentacles are also getting longer.

E2B486F1-0D01-4FE3-B148-76D3E893D023-147-0000010B70E210CD.jpg

I THINK the black sun has 3 buds growing off of main heads that weren't there when I got it, but I could be mistaken. They're due for a feeding tonight.

Oh man! Nice try on the stand, lol, that has happened to me many times, don't know why. :angry:

I just ended painting mine black. Hey, nice skimmer!

Thank you sir!

It's not too big. It's rated for 65. My setup will have somewhere between 17-20

I guess it is how the pic was taken as it looks "humongous" ... : - )

Deleted User 3

Pat, when I stained my end table, I had the same results, but then my grandpa did the last 2 coats & like 3 of a clear sealer.. and it looks perfect... soooooooooooooooooo i'm just sucky. lol

I did this outside and my neighbor saw, who is very into hand craftsmanship and said I was a man after his own heart. If only he saw the outcome, I'm sure his heart is broken. That left Door DOES have 1 more coat than the rest :D.

Mine was kinda tight, but yours will be easier maintenance then.

You could use Teflon tape around the pump influent for a tighter fit.

It looks like a blender.

Picked up some saltwater and fresh for cleaning off the sand and rocks today. I guess my store just got a shipment in... Dozens of football to basketball sized sps colonies, a bunch of chalices, some nudi's, the BIGGEST effing puffer ive ever seen at well over a foot, possibly a foot and a half. It was fricken huge. Anyways, I walked over to the poor folk section and picked up this little guy. Does te chalice have a name?

White only

10C1238F-AF21-41EB-89BD-95354AC8D24F-505-0000006D8F8DBDB5.jpg

Blues and white

EB022141-A045-4941-9BAA-828EA680F8CC-505-0000006D88152314.jpg

Oh, and that softball sized coral skeleton in the background?? All 'cuz of this guy.

C7379665-C1BF-48AB-8C76-664E77F155A3-505-0000006E804E8F9C.jpg

Thinkbi figured it out...

How long untill the stain smell goes away? It still smells fresh and I don't want to put the skimmer on if it's smelling a little strong.

Thanks for the answers. This was scooped up by accident and taken out of the water off my bulkhead. Wish it wasn't exposed because its pretty cool looking.

0E8CB001-882B-4490-A5A2-DE1E661C57EB-1514-000001A5FACFF201.jpg

Archived