Pod Your Reef

Don't want to offend anyone tank.

patback

Well I HAD TO show a size comparison, so I got drunk and used a beer can for reference.

Rough mock up of the scape.

199FD829-814D-459C-860F-30F521E9F70C-347-0000004D76885DAC.jpg

From left to right; sps mountain, small rubble= clam , maxi mini island, nps hideout.

I would like to cut up and smash some rocks to make it mesh better together and use an extra rock I have to make a tiny little island right infront of the clam to mount an additional 1-2 sps frags.

I also want to fit a photosynthetic gorg behind the clam. Debating in it for right now. I'm picking up my baffles and my mp10 gets delivered tomorow.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well I HAD TO show a size comparison, so I got drunk and used a beer can for reference.

I also want to fit a photosynthetic gorg behind the clam. Debating in it for right now. I'm picking up my baffles and my mp10 gets delivered tomorow.

Going to look great .. I like the length a lot and the way you scaped it for now (as you may change it)

Great looking tank !

Doesn't look like a whole lotta room for minis on that itty bitty rock. Before I got the newest three from Morgan, my previous three from her are not grown fully yet and still take up much more room than that. ;)

Doesn't look like a whole lotta room for minis on that itty bitty rock. Before I got the newest three from Morgan, my previous three from her are not grown fully yet and still take up much more room than that. ;)

The rocks pretty deceiving. I'd estimate ~ 3 maxi minis could be happy on it. It's giving me incentive to buy the real nice ones rather than the cheap plain ones.

8D8F953F-EA9B-4C03-A941-D7578134B16F-572-0000010C30DC46B7.jpg

F4754782-BD20-487D-B7BA-8FAF3375959F-347-000000721DD755B5.jpg

199FD829-814D-459C-860F-30F521E9F70C-347-0000004D76885DAC.jpg

From left to right; sps mountain, small rubble= clam , maxi mini island, nps hideout.

I would like to cut up and smash some rocks to make it mesh better together and use an extra rock I have to make a tiny little island right infront of the clam to mount an additional 1-2 sps frags.

I approve.

I approve.

Thank you. It's a work in progress. I'm off of work for a while in 3 days so I'm hoping to silicone my baffles and drill the tank, then it's just moving everything over at that point. I'm hoping the sand doesn't give much of a problem with the different modes of the vortech. Btw, anyone have a suggestion of what mode I should use for this shaped tank?

Pat! look at you! I demand a viewing party when it's wet and all.

In gonna have to work on stocking it a little bit more first. Maybe I'll charge an entrance fee of a sps/ Lps frag. :P

A bummer is that I don't have as much floor space as I was hoping for some plates. Only real space for maybe 1 or 2. I'd have a lot more room if I didn't have my clam but I don't want to get rid of it.

Pat! look at you! I demand a viewing party when it's wet and all.

This statement reminds me of Vegas :P

Love the black sand. I want that for my nano. Hows the qt butterfly fish doing?

This statement reminds me of Vegas :P

Love the black sand. I want that for my nano. Hows the qt butterfly fish doing?

I regretted not having black sand in my current tank. If you need a heavy sand I've got a pic showing how big it is in comparison to a penny an my current sugar sized sand. I've got half a 5 gallon bucket left Of the black that's being unused, rinsed clean and sealed up already. Just pay shipping and let me know how much.

Butterfly is getting a fresh from the bay clam today. I'll try to get a video of it eating. He's pretty bold, other than when its nighttime, he barely ever hides and isn't showing any signs of sickness or ich or anything like that (other than not eating what's been offered so far )

Good news. I slapped the vortech on the first random spot I tried and I can Almost run it 100% on every mode. It'll definitely be perfect when I actually finagle it around.

Bad news; it hums. Loudly. :/. Irealigned it In the quietest way but even low it is decently audible.

6 mm. So a bit under 1/4. I threw the spacer on but nothing changed at all. Guess I'll have to live with it. It's not terrible, just not what I was expecting.

Some bad ass wave action going on.

0DD5E61B-8F97-4471-95AE-2DB562E66C6A-655-000000BBD0A4083E.jpg

Short pulse gets me up to a 1 inch wave. Pretty awesome.

I can't decide if I'm going to keep it on short pulse or reef crest :huh:

And just for bragging rights, I had a bacon cupcake yesterday.

You heard right. Bacon inside of a gourmet cupcake, homemade bacon icing, fresh crumbled bacon on top. Reminded me of this.

C1211A2D-55B1-4FA5-B11D-22A947BC03A2-655-000000BBCD47ECD0.jpg

I don't know. I know the bigger ones are supposed to come with two. Definitely use the spacer and give it time to break in. Also make sure the wet side doesn't have any air bubbles anywhere.

Thanks for the tips. I "burped" my wet side as if it were a clam :lol:

I'll make sure to keep the spacer in and I'll call vortech and ask if I should throw another spacer on. What do you mean by break in?

It takes a good week or so of the pump running to 'get all the juices flowing in the right places', so-to-speak. Kinda like a car - its best performance and such is not when it is brand new off the lot - it takes a few thousand miles to break in.

Archived