Cultivated Reef

Don't want to offend anyone tank.

patback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are those sun corals doing? You still feeding em and getting em all fat?

Baffles in.

D303C4FC-F76B-428F-A9FF-C739FA06BD78-171-00000024016D0777.jpg

Nice job. Silicone looks clean.

Nice job. Silicone looks clean.

It's not. Believe me, lol. I was gonna clean it up with a razor but while it was drying I got roped into working on my brothers boat and didn't want to get marine grease in the tank afterwards.

The suns are doing well. They grew flesh more into the skeleton and open beautifully, sometimes even during the day, and they know within 10 minutes when the lights are going to be turned off.

Somthing must be getting pretty sneaky and harassing the yellow ones when jm not looking though. It has tons of happy baby heads, but the big heads are receding a bit. And don't open too often.

A few hours after they ate a cull cube of mysis and a full cube of cyclops.

7465CF74-6E47-41A0-B3CF-FC1BDF4C9787-988-0000018F6ACD2A6F.jpg

F8AA985E-3C39-453C-888B-3129D09B48EF-988-0000018F63EDC1D1.jpg

Comparison from the day I got them I think.

A8E8F7C1-0998-4B11-8332-29421C0B4342-1507-000002140E6B702F.jpg

jedimasterben

I haven't been spot feeding mine, but when I do my big broadcast feed, I squirt some decap'd brine eggs and juice onto them and they open up about 10 minutes later, then I do my big feeding and they love it. Mine are like yours in that they know when the lights are going off and start opening, and they know when they come on and close back up. I wish they would stay open all the time. Maybe I need to start feeding them manually at all times of day and maybe they'll get the hint. ;)

No guide, tape, or clay. Just a man, his drill, and a dream.

255B73BE-7E6B-4C46-AE3B-C878BB14CCAC-988-0000024FCAD20470.jpg

E69820D5-0C45-4C18-BD0F-AFB7C72FA25F-988-0000024FD19958CC.jpg

6BDEC260-5F47-4FA9-B74C-A46E5824D0DF-988-0000024FDA93051E.jpg

My macho glands just shrunk a little. -_-

Nice job dude!

My macho glands just shrunk a little. -_-

Nice job dude!

:lol:

My manly-impatience gland was a bit swollen and if I waited for the mailman to bring me a guide from glass holes, it still would have been another week since God knows I can't do anything tank related with the girlfriend around. :D

Thank you! PVC glue, nylon clamp, and some clamps to secure my hosing to the stand is all I'm waiting on now omgomgomg

:lol:

My manly-impatience gland was a bit swollen and if I waited for the mailman to bring me a guide from glass holes, it still would have been another week since God knows I can't do anything tank related with the girlfriend around. :D

Thank you! PVC glue, nylon clamp, and some clamps to secure my hosing to the stand is all I'm waiting on now omgomgomg

And what drill bit did you use to make the hole .... without cracking the glass ? Just wondering ...

Oh, and to help someone out, pay shipping and I've got the 1/2" drill bit. Wouldn't trust the 1" bit again, but if you want it I'll send that also. I also have 4ft of 3/4" ultra flex PVC hosing. Never used, I just accidentally purchased the wrong size.

Damn, and my YWg just went on a wild ride inside of a crack in my koralia. He's really rattled but still alive. Hoping he pulls through :/

And what drill bit did you use to make the hole .... without cracking the glass ? Just wondering ...

I ordered the diamond plated bits from glass-holes.com.

So I'm at home depot right now, standing here dumbfounded that the guys working here are saying that they haven't carried PVC glue for potable water in over 12 years. WHAT THE ####! What should I get and where should I get it? Making a thread for a quick answer now.

jedimasterben
So I'm at home depot right now, standing here dumbfounded that the guys working here are saying that they haven't carried PVC glue for potable water in over 12 years. WHAT THE ####! What should I get and where should I get it? Making a thread for a quick answer now.

Standard PVC glue (the purple 'cleaner' and clear glue) is potable, otherwise it would not be able to be used for the pipes in your house (they are).

Pardon me for saying so but obviously whoever you spoke to IMO does not understand PVC glue and its uses :-)

As Ben pointed out that is what is used by all plumbers who use PVC pipe and fittings.

Go figure ... guess HD needs to look into training :-)

Pardon me for saying so but obviously whoever you spoke to IMO does not understand PVC glue and its uses :-)

As Ben pointed out that is what is used by all plumbers who use PVC pipe and fittings.

Go figure ... guess HD needs to look into training :-)

:lol: I ended up getting all purpose solvent cement as per Eddie c's okay. Just about to paint the back of the tank and it started raining again so maybe tomorrow. Thanks for your help everyone!

Goby is still alive, butterfly is in my tank temporarily, I don't feel like COMPLETE crap anymore, life is good.

A0476B07-136A-4AAA-85B6-A20E6B08F09A-3701-000004249D1A82DC.jpg

Look how cute a little! I'm assuming he's eating since he's pooping and hasn't gotten smaller, but I wish I knew for sure :/. Either way, it was time for him to come out of quarantine.

Goby is still alive, butterfly is in my tank temporarily, I don't feel like COMPLETE crap anymore, life is good.

Look how cute a little! I'm assuming he's eating since he's pooping and hasn't gotten smaller, but I wish I knew for sure :/. Either way, it was time for him to come out of quarantine.

+1 patback

Well this sucks. I must have reformed these rocks 50 times and I can't get it to look how it looked in the past few pics I've taken. It looks great when I randomly stack them just to get it out of the way, but that's not the look im going for at all. I am thinking of buying another 15 lbs of reefcleaners rock just to have some more off-shapes that will broaden my possibilities.

Well this sucks. I must have reformed these rocks 50 times and I can't get it to look how it looked in the past few pics I've taken. It looks great when I randomly stack them just to get it out of the way, but that's not the look im going for at all. I am thinking of buying another 15 lbs of reefcleaners rock just to have some more off-shapes that will broaden my possibilities.

Scaping seems to be a never ending process payback ... I feel the same about my tank .. must have changed things around oodles of times and every time I look at it I feel like I want to change some more ...

Archived