SaltCritters.com

Don't want to offend anyone tank.

patback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I ordered my plumbing earlier in the week and should be getting it soon and I couldn't hold off any longer. I'm stuck between being excited and having buyers remorse.

2894ECDE-1E75-4649-AD49-844ABC7735AB-900-000000CCE7976222_zps8f9c6c92.jpg

So I ordered my plumbing earlier in the week and should be getting it soon and I couldn't hold off any longer. I'm stuck between being excited and having buyers remorse.

That's a lot of plumbing pieces and pipes and valves etc. etc ... but what can you do when you need all of it and more .... : - )

That's a lot of plumbing pieces and pipes and valves etc. etc ... but what can you do when you need all of it and more .... : - )

Ha, that is for my mp10 I just bought today. The plumbing was $50 bucks and change and bought earlier this week.

I am running into a problem however... A certain company sent me multiple emails requesting to be paid for the flexible PVC after I've already paid them. Ive emailed them and am waiting for their response.

I'm guessing they somehow didn't receive the payment and have issued multiple tracking numbers in anticipation of sending it, but I do not feel comfortable sending money out again after I am positive that I paid.

Ha, that is for my mp10 I just bought today. The plumbing was $50 bucks and change and bought earlier this week.

I am running into a problem however... A certain company sent me multiple emails requesting to be paid for the flexible PVC after I've already paid them. Ive emailed them and am waiting for their response.

I'm guessing they somehow didn't receive the payment and have issued multiple tracking numbers in anticipation of sending it, but I do not feel comfortable sending money out again after I am positive that I paid.

I couldn't agree more payback .. if its paid, its paid :-)

Glass-holes is pretty good. Normally a company will get back to you in a day or 2 especially if contacted after typical business hours. They got back to me within 20 minutes and we quickly settled the problem. It actually wound up being my fault.

I'm totally patting your back on the MP10 purchase. Wooooot.

:lol: I can't wait to get it! I would have done a quicker shipping option but I wanted my rewards points to go to an actual product :D

So remember the <ahref="http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295454&hl="> mini montauk monster<a/> I found a while ago?

Same rock, SAME HOLE. I think ive got a black hole portal in my rock.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/mik...zps7bffa905.mp4

Its basically a bunch of sticky clear hairs sticking off of a tube. I saved it inside of my chaeto ball incase it winds up being somthing cool.

Alright, so I suck at hyper linking. Too drunk to care, so just copy and paste it if you're interested :)

So remember the <ahref="http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=295454&hl="> mini montauk monster<a/> I found a while ago?

Same rock, SAME HOLE. I think ive got a black hole portal in my rock.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b185/mik...zps7bffa905.mp4

Its basically a bunch of sticky clear hairs sticking off of a tube. I saved it inside of my chaeto ball incase it winds up being somthing cool.

Alright, so I suck at hyper linking. Too drunk to care, so just copy and paste it if you're interested :)

Interesting what you pulled out of their ... looks somewhat like maybe hydroid ??? Not sure though

Interesting what you pulled out of their ... looks somewhat like maybe hydroid ??? Not sure though

All the hydroids I've ever had that were clear were very "jellyfish" like. This was actually sticky and fiberous. I guess it very well could be a hydroid colony, but i wonder where it came from.

As you can see in the video, it wasn't attatched to anything and easily sucked up but wasn't there (or anywhere near there) yesterday.

All the hydroids I've ever had that were clear were very "jellyfish" like. This was actually sticky and fiberous. I guess it very well could be a hydroid colony, but i wonder where it came from.

As you can see in the video, it wasn't attatched to anything and easily sucked up but wasn't there (or anywhere near there) yesterday.

Yes I noticed how easily you sucked it out of there. Did you figure out what it was if it was not a hydroid of some sort?

Not a clue. I don't even know if it's alive or dead honestly :lol:

I'm assuming alive because of how sticky it was. In retrospect I should have fed somthing to it to see what would have happened if anything.

Not a clue. I don't even know if it's alive or dead honestly :lol:

I'm assuming alive because of how sticky it was. In retrospect I should have fed somthing to it to see what would have happened if anything.

Looked at the video again and it did not retract when you tried to such it out ... are you sure it was alive ?

Maybe someone else who watches the video can come up with an ID but it is a bit dark so hard to see ..

Check my PM

I think it was Alive. It was way sticker than my torch and almost as sticky as my maxi mini. Usually these animals will lose all of the stickiness once they perish, right?

Another thing that strikes me as odd is that it wasn't bothering any of the zoas right underneath it untill I messed around and made them close up.

I think it was Alive. It was way sticker than my torch and almost as sticky as my maxi mini. Usually these animals will lose all of the stickiness once they perish, right?

Another thing that strikes me as odd is that it wasn't bothering any of the zoas right underneath it untill I messed around and made them close up.

Yes that is odd indeed.

I've got 4 packages being shipped right now And wouldn't you know, the damn ups driver slowed down when I was in the front yard, looked at me like he was pulling over and kept on driving. :rolleyes:

Anyway, of any fish buffs are reading try to help me out while I'm researching myself.

My YWG has begun changing colors as it happens after a while. I'd say ~60% of her is black at this point. I have never read about this causing personality changes though. Pods and mysis and brine shrimp are running amuck in my tank even during the day. I am attributing this to the heavy feeding of the nps I have. The thing is, she is no longer interested in eating them. When he used to eat 10 pellets a day plus sift and peck at rocks, she'll munch on maybe 2-3 pellets and let other ones float on by her. On top of this, I have said in a few posts before how she would actually dart through the torch coral, swim in the column for hours and barely perch. The fish would never hide when I approached the tank, and now she is the most skitish fish I have ever seen and when she is out, she's just resting. Not like she's sick, but like she's just lazy.

Is this somthing that Happens with age? Could it be because the pistol shrimp has gone MIA?

Yeah... I did this instead of researching my lazy fish. Boredom is pretty fun sometimes. Bring on the pumpkins!

I love Halloween.

+1 for sure .. patback the Artist !

Nahh. Real talent would be if I used my teeth :lol:

Thank you. I actually saw a similar pumpkin last night and figured I'd give it a try on a smaller scale. In no way could I ever match the actual artist, but I think I did pretty good for the first time from memory.

Holy wow! What else have you carved??

Just this. I was going to try to do somthing else, maybe a demon on the other side, but I got hungry :lol:

Nice work!

Thank you.

Mp10 countdown... 2 DAYS!!!

Just this. I was going to try to do somthing else, maybe a demon on the other side, but I got hungry :lol:

Guess that was a good reason to eat them .. and they would not have stayed that nice whitish color anyway as you well know but that was an awesome piece of carving you did ... not the next one should be a fish or a nice coral ... :-)

Archived