inTank Media Baskets

Don't want to offend anyone tank.

patback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It ripped a few roofs off in rockaway supposedly. It's always windy where I work, but it's crazy right now. Its sweltering without the windows open but if I open any of them all the paperwork goes crazy. I'm definitely waiting to see somthing spring up.

It ripped a few roofs off in rockaway supposedly. It's always windy where I work, but it's crazy right now. Its sweltering without the windows open but if I open any of them all the paperwork goes crazy. I'm definitely waiting to see somthing spring up.

CNN confirmed two in the NY/NJ area and 2 in the Washington area FYI

Stay safe in case there are more !

Im getting involved a little late on the lion fish talk, but I jsut wanted to add that I actually ate Lion fish when I was in the Cayman Islands. They sell it at all the grocery stores there already cleaned and all. They were actually the cheapest Fish also at around $3.99CI per pound. So about $5US/lb

That's lame. I was hoping to hear it was somthing exotic or different. I hate most seafood but I like trying new things. Barbecued Mako is the only seafood I've ever had that I actually looked foward to taking a second bite.

Well I was just talking about the actual flavor of the fish(which most people find white fish to be most desirable.) I had the fish cooked at a local restaurant done authentic Jamaican Jerk style. You can make anything "exotic" with some exotic flavors and spices.

That's lame. I was hoping to hear it was somthing exotic or different. I hate most seafood but I like trying new things. Barbecued Mako is the only seafood I've ever had that I actually looked foward to taking a second bite.

Ray is pretty good and actually does not really taste all that much like fish, add some melted butter on it and it is really nice to eat

I guess you're right. No matter what you put on it I will always think shrimp tastes like shrimp. Blah.

Albert im guessing ray is less flaky than most? One thing I really want to try... Supposedly the junk fish that are considered pita's can be delicious if cleaned right away, like while it's still alive. Dogfish and skates are rumored to be added into tuna and other fish as fillers.

Take a cookie cutter to ray and skate wings, and you have yourself some imitation scallops.

:)

All I know is that it tastes real good and I am not a big fish eater, except for shrimp and ray when we can find it at the store. I like that ropey look of it too, does not look like other fish do.

Anyway if you all are in NY/NJ hope all is well as the news people keep talking about all the nasty weather there and tornadoes in Queens and one other NY location I believe

Be safe

Thanks Albert. So far everything is fine, just real windy, especially up above near the clouds. They're saying severe thunderstorms and possibly hail also.

jedimasterben
Ups updates suck... My last update says it was in MN as of yesterday, but I signed up for texting updates and it's in nj as of yesterday. :huh: sucks that it's so close yet I'm gonna have to wait atleast the weekend :(

UPS does not transport ground packages on weekends, so it makes sense.

UPS does not transport ground packages on weekends, so it makes sense.

It says it left Maple Grove, MN at 7:59pm, yet the text message says it arrived in Secaucus, NJ at 8:00 pm the same day. They're tracking is basically reliable to say "yup, it's somewhere in the united states. "

Jedi, help me think of a good centerpiece for this tank. Total water is about 30-35 gallons.

Thanks Albert. So far everything is fine, just real windy, especially up above near the clouds. They're saying severe thunderstorms and possibly hail also.

Glad to read it ... good that it is not worse !

jedimasterben
It says it left Maple Grove, MN at 7:59pm, yet the text message says it arrived in Secaucus, NJ at 8:00 pm the same day. They're tracking is basically reliable to say "yup, it's somewhere in the united states. "

Jedi, help me think of a good centerpiece for this tank. Total water is about 30-35 gallons.

:lol:, who sent the text update? The tracking from UPS on their website is the most up-to-date, it updates about 5 minutes after each physical or logical scan happens.

As far as fish go, you mean? Blue reef chromis are pretty awesome and will do ok singly. Hector's gobies are pretty. Barnacle blennies are crazy awesome.

On the site itself it has an option to be updated by text whenever it leaves or arrives somewhere and if there is a delay at all. Whatever, as long as I get it this week :D

I'm liking the barnacle blenny idea and the chromi. What about inverts? I definitely want a buttload of sexy shrimp and once I'm able to collect a few starfish, I'm hoping I could train a harlequin to eat frozen legs through the winter in between asterina stars. Then there is the yellow cucumber I linked above... In all honesty I like inverts more than fish I think :huh: any other ideas for inverts?

jedimasterben
On the site itself it has an option to be updated by text whenever it leaves or arrives somewhere and if there is a delay at all. Whatever, as long as I get it this week :D

I'm liking the barnacle blenny idea and the chromi. What about inverts? I definitely want a buttload of sexy shrimp and once I'm able to collect a few starfish, I'm hoping I could train a harlequin to eat frozen legs through the winter in between asterina stars. Then there is the yellow cucumber I linked above... In all honesty I like inverts more than fish I think :huh: any other ideas for inverts?

Just be cautious when collecting anything from the wild - you never know if it's gonna bring in parasites or bacteria that could wreak havoc in your system. You probably will never have enough asterina stars in a 12g to keep a pair of harleys for very long. They are surprising with how much they eat.

That cucumber is badass. Want.

I love inverts, too. Same boat here! Porcelain anemone crabs are awesome if you only have carpets (otherwise they can irritate the tentacles), pom pom crabs are friggin' amazing, harlequin serpent stars are awesome, sexy shrimp (as you know), fire shrimp, feather dusters, and the other inverts I love get too big for nanos. :P

Just be cautious when collecting anything from the wild - you never know if it's gonna bring in parasites or bacteria that could wreak havoc in your system. You probably will never have enough asterina stars in a 12g to keep a pair of harleys for very long. They are surprising with how much they eat.

That cucumber is badass. Want.

I love inverts, too. Same boat here! Porcelain anemone crabs are awesome if you only have carpets (otherwise they can irritate the tentacles), pom pom crabs are friggin' amazing, harlequin serpent stars are awesome, sexy shrimp (as you know), fire shrimp, feather dusters, and the other inverts I love get too big for nanos. :P

I LOVE that cucumber. I've got a pom Pom already, albeit, it's ugly. :PI'll read up on the others and take it from there, thanks.

The way I see it with the starfish is that they are going to be food, so basically I can do anything short or cooking and dipping them in copper to make sure they are clean. Living with one, and surrounded by my neighbors who 3 out of the 4 of them are commercial fisherman, the bait fish one would buy to feed an anenome is no cleaner than directly dropping a fish in with qting, minus the fact of being frozen.

jedimasterben

Very true, the freezing will kill just about anything that would be bad for them.

And pom poms are NOT ugly! They are amazing!

jedimasterben

You have a porcelain crab, then, not a porcelain anemone crab. Very, very different species. :)

EDIT:

Porcelain crab, Petrolisthes galathinus:

p-80342-crab.jpg

Porcelain anemone crab, Neopetrolisthes ohshimai

p-79869-crab.jpg

I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know all the deets, but would some kind of reef-safe flasher wrasse be okay as a "showpiece"? McCoskers are my faves. <3

Archived