Pod Your Reef

Don't want to offend anyone tank.

patback

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a local here has that skimmer. Looks EXACTLY like the one running in his HUGE frag tank/bins. He is holding some of my corals(which I might sell because they are way too big for my tank) and everytime I'm over there that thing is skimming like crazy. Thats what happens with no CUC and a ton of frags haha

jedimasterben

I had one and sold it to Kat, only cause I upgraded to it's older brother. B)

They are unbranded Bubble Magus, they even use the same pump.

After a real heavy feeding of mysis, cyclops, reefcleaners formula, and pellets. I wonder why the tentacles are so short on these guys?

08DDBA39-5BB6-477A-B053-175B8CD3F6E2-1482-000001C023ABDF80.jpg

EF9B3322-04BC-43DB-B4AE-1ABB9D998B18-1482-000001BFFBDFC7CB.jpg

And tiki, if you read this thread at all, that majano I was trying to have id'd a while ago is in the background.

Tiny tentacles = full belly?

After a real heavy feeding of mysis, cyclops, reefcleaners formula, and pellets. I wonder why the tentacles are so short on these guys?

Will take at least a couple of weeks for these guys to fully acclimate to your tank. I'm actually even surprised they opened a little bit already.

I do like my SCA65 skimmer!

That was easy!

easy.png

And tiki, if you read this thread at all, that majano I was trying to have id'd a while ago is in the background.

They look real good for just having been added to the tank not long ago ...

My tank is just perfect I guess ;)

Update. I got the sand delivered today, and wow, this stuff is very coarse. Pretty happy about it, if a lot is left after I rinse it I dont think I'll even worry about the vortech. It's like holding fine gravel.

Update. I got the sand delivered today, and wow, this stuff is very coarse. Pretty happy about it, if a lot is left after I rinse it I dont think I'll even worry about the vortech. It's like holding fine gravel.

Must be indeed ... that's why everything is doing well thanks to your "magic" touch.

On the sand ... how coarse ... like granules or just coarse sand that does not pack as tightly as the regular one that many stores sell ?

jedimasterben

:huh:

You sure it's TMS, then?

Must be indeed ... that's why everything is doing well thanks to your "magic" touch.

On the sand ... how coarse ... like granules or just coarse sand that does not pack as tightly as the regular one that many stores sell ?

The only way I can thing of describing it is that it is a not exactly crushed coral(much smaller)but not exactly what you would picture when talking about sand. I'd take a pic but in NYC bound to celebrate my friend going away to medschool.

The only way I can thing of describing it is that it is a not exactly crushed coral(much smaller)but not exactly what you would picture when talking about sand. I'd take a pic but in NYC bound to celebrate my friend going away to medschool.

Thanks patback but I think I now know what you are referring to ...

Enjoy NYC ...

The city was horrible. I made a pact with myself that for now one I will only go tk the city on my own terms. Never being a folllower again. Anywho, here's a pic of some random grains of the sand so you know what I'm talking about.

64B39313-BA75-4F44-991E-02728F9A117F-298-000000D8E75B9B8F.jpg

Jedi knew the magic time of Around 1-3 am is the time that I will buy anything at all, so now I'm waiting on a skimmer :D. This build is now underway, needing only an mp10 and PVC piping. Just waiting to finish by screw the doors on the stand and I'll take a pic of the unstained stand and tank w/ rockwork.

Give it a try, I AM easily persuaded. :mellow:

At 3 am? wow patback .. that is either awfully late or awfully early depending on how you look at it

Yup, late for me. I'd never wake up that early.

It never fails, finally sat down to work on the doors and this is as far as I got before I was interrupted and had to leave. :/

1304A8AE-B882-4A0D-A18C-9F71E4C80ECC-298-000000E3656C113A.jpg

I have no idea why my phone made it look so warped, but I promise it's all square :). At this rate I should be done by next Christmas.

Didn't have a good time in Noo Yawk?

I like the stand, what color is it going to be?

Nothing against NYC, it was the people I was with. Thanks, I'm staining it esspresso. It's made of birch with pine trim, so the trim might be slightly different from the stand.

If it doesn't start to rain again it looks like I'm staining the cabinet today. Pic before and after, plus tank and rockscape if it all goes down.

Nothing against NYC, it was the people I was with. Thanks, I'm staining it esspresso. It's made of birch with pine trim, so the trim might be slightly different from the stand.

If you use a pre-stain on your whole stand, the stain will go on more evenly and the two different types of wood will stain the same color. Minwax is the brand that I use most frequently.

Archived