Cultivated Reef

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

albertthiel

+1 to blue stripe pipefish, the yellow fish is a yellow coris wrasse for sure, I don't know the others.

It is indeed

Albert

StinkyBunny

Not a Huchtii, males aren't so red. That's a squamipinnis.

You're right, I was looking them up, had the Square Anthias page open as well as the hutch's and my brain transposed them, DOH!!

• Like 2

Been a bit quiet recently as I have been quite busy. Went to look at a 4' tank somebody was selling real cheap but it was not what I was looking for. I think I may have found a better one more expensive but looks good and a 2 hour drive from me. The tank is 54"long X 20" deep and 19" front to back, comes with the cabinet and sump along with some great equipment. have provisionally reserved it after some negotiations and all being well will pick it up Saturday. I don't want to say much about it in case it falls through but watch this space

• Like 1
albertthiel

Been a bit quiet recently as I have been quite busy. Went to look at a 4' tank somebody was selling real cheap but it was not what I was looking for. I think I may have found a better one more expensive but looks good and a 2 hour drive from me. The tank is 54"long X 20" deep and 19" front to back, comes with the cabinet and sump along with some great equipment. have provisionally reserved it after some negotiations and all being well will pick it up Saturday. I don't want to say much about it in case it falls through but watch this space

Wow sounds like an interesting tank Les

Can't wait to see it set up

Albert

• Like 1

Wow sounds like an interesting tank Les

Can't wait to see it set up

Albert

Will be a few weeks if I get it and it is the perfect size to go where I want it. Fingers crossed it works out, we shall see but so far all going to plan.

• Like 1
albertthiel

Will be a few weeks if I get it and it is the perfect size to go where I want it. Fingers crossed it works out, we shall see but so far all going to plan.

Are you upgrading or adding yet another tank :)

Albert

• Like 1

Are you upgrading or adding yet another tank :)

Albert

My plan it to put the new tank in the position my old one was more or less in and sell on my AR300. When I got my AR300 I put it along side my old tank and transferred everything over instead of stripping the old one down first and then setting the AR300 in it;s place. I find it so much easier to do it that way. My AR300 is not in the ideal position but the new one although quite a bit larger will be. I hope that all makes sense. :wacko:

• Like 1
albertthiel

My plan it to put the new tank in the position my old one was more or less in and sell on my AR300. When I got my AR300 I put it along side my old tank and transferred everything over instead of stripping the old one down first and then setting the AR300 in it;s place. I find it so much easier to do it that way. My AR300 is not in the ideal position but the new one although quite a bit larger will be. I hope that all makes sense. :wacko:

I can't visualize it but I will take your word for it Les

:)

Albert

• Like 1

I can't visualize it but I will take your word for it Les

:)

Albert

Well lets just say it will go in the corner of my living room while the AR300 is currently half way along the wall out of the same corner

• Like 1
albertthiel

Well lets just say it will go in the corner of my living room while the AR300 is currently half way along the wall out of the same corner

Sounds better indeed Les

Albert

StinkyBunny

I did the same thing when I swapped the 57 rimless for the 93 cube. Pulled the water, rock and fish and put them in bins on the floor. Pulled the old tank out of the way, put the new one in, shimmed it, plumbed it and started transferring the sand and stock back to the 93 cube.

Here's a hint Les, do a few water changes and save as much of the old water as you can to help with the transfer. It makes it less stressful on the inhabitants.

• Like 2

I did the same thing when I swapped the 57 rimless for the 93 cube. Pulled the water, rock and fish and put them in bins on the floor. Pulled the old tank out of the way, put the new one in, shimmed it, plumbed it and started transferring the sand and stock back to the 93 cube.

Here's a hint Les, do a few water changes and save as much of the old water as you can to help with the transfer. It makes it less stressful on the inhabitants.

Yes that's what I do with 50% old 50% new. New water in first bring up to temp along with old water up to temp. Then transfer rock and corals over all done in the one day

• Like 2
albertthiel

Yes that's what I do with 50% old 50% new. New water in first bring up to temp along with old water up to temp. Then transfer rock and corals over all done in the one day

Good move ....

Albert

albertthiel

My tank has reached 45 years old this month. I am kind of proud of that. :P

Congratulations to the MASTER reef keeper. Power to YOU

Albert