inTank Media Baskets

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

Paul, I love the differrent color and texture contrast of sponges and gorgonians.

Instead of the tight spaces with rock walls, your gogonisns & sponges allow for open circulation.

• Like 1

Thanks Subsea. That is the look I was going for. My rock is mostly homemade and although you can't see it in the picture, I can see through it right to the back in many places because I am looking for kind of a lacework of rock and not a solid wall. Very little of that rock actually touches the gravel. I have always gone for a more natural look and I keep trying to achieve it. I just got that bright red sponge on the bottle to the left.

• Like 1

Thanks Subsea. That is the look I was going for. My rock is mostly homemade and although you can't see it in the picture, I can see through it right to the back in many places because I am looking for kind of a lacework of rock and not a solid wall. Very little of that rock actually touches the gravel. I have always gone for a more natural look and I keep trying to achieve it. I just got that bright red sponge on the bottle to the left.

I like it and it is a bright red. As a Cajun, my approval of bright aquascaping meets Mardi Gras standards. With your emphasis on sponges, have you changed anything in your feeding regime?

As

• Like 1

I like it and it is a bright red. As a Cajun, my approval of bright aquascaping meets Mardi Gras standards. With your emphasis on sponges, have you changed anything in your feeding regime?

No, I still eat oatmeal with blueberries every morning except on weekends........Oh, you mean the tank? No, the feeding regime is still live blackworms, clams and maybe some Mysis every day and new born brine shrimp in a feeder for the little guys. The only change I made is almost every day I stir up the gravel a little to make a "dust" storm for the gorgs and sponges. I am also trying some stuff Albert sent me as a test for the gorgs.

• Like 3

No, I still eat oatmeal with blueberries every morning except on weekends........Oh, you mean the tank? No, the feeding regime is still live blackworms, clams and maybe some Mysis every day and new born brine shrimp in a feeder for the little guys. The only change I made is almost every day I stir up the gravel a little to make a "dust" storm for the gorgs and sponges. I am also trying some stuff Albert sent me as a test for the gorgs.

Yes do let me know how the Total Nutrition is working for you Paul . I works great for corals as evidenced by William Tang's aquarium in KL

Albert

This morning before the reef lights came on I decided to look in the tank for a new slug just to see what it was doing. It was gliding along the front glass looking for it's meal of spaghetti worms which unfortunately is the only thing it eats and won't touch real spaghetti or anything else as I have found out. But as I was searching for him I noticed my bluestripe pipefish all entwined with each other as they often do, I just didn't know they did it in pitch darkness. Anyway, I noticed something go floating by and I am pretty sure it was a couple of baby pipefish. I can't be 100% sure because there is a lot of things floating by in my tank, but it sure did look like two entwined baby pipefish. I am telling myself that's what they were anyway just so I can feel good about it. Of course it could have been slug snot.

The pregnant male is the top one.

2015-02-042005.14.26_zpsjtqaw5s5.jpg

• Like 2

I used Vitamin C on a Purple tang with HLLE once with great results. It was either that or the field of Caulerpa that he kept mowed in the tank.

In the late 80's I cured Black Ick on a Yellow Tang with it as described in my Marine Reef Newsletter from that time and also I believe in Advanced Reefkeeping (the book)

Albert

• Like 1

Paul,

Keep on working at you photography skills, because I love the tank shots and am mesmerized by your tank and your animals. What size is your tank.

You have my dream tank lol. But I don't have the knowledge on who works with who yet lol or the experience.

And Albert, I bet your tank would be my dream tank as well.

All this experience!!!?

• Like 1

Hammerstone, thank you. The tank is a 100 gallons but lately I think it may be a 90. Some day I will measure it but it was sold as a 100. It is my dream tank also but I normally dream of Supermodels. :P

• Like 1

Albert, I can't believe I am not living in that.

Still practicing. I am trying to get very clear, sharp pictures but so far I have not mastered that. I took these on Macro or Super Macro with the lens right on the glass.

2015-05-152023.34.01_zpsfvoyfxel.jpg

Male20Mandarin_zpsqqpbzpmm.jpg

Bangai_zpsi6ayljyr.jpg

• Like 1