SaltCritters.com

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

albertthiel

Congrats to Albert selling out the hard copies. And to Paul for 45 years.

Thanks.

And yes they were sold out quite some time ago ... and only the e-version remains available

BTW love your algae scrubbers

Albert

• Like 1
albertthiel

Sold out and there aren't any in the used market either. I've been looking for a copy for the last year. :(

Guess all who bought are keeping their copies.

You can get the e-version though

Albert

• Like 1

Well what a day one issues after another but 6 hours later my new (well secondhand) tank is in, Now the fun really starts but it will be a few weeks before I transfer all my stock over to my AquaReef 300 to this new tank. Tank ks 54"X 20" X 19" with Starfire front glass, white high gloss doors and side panels. Came with a shed load of good kit as well along with a bargain price, Very happy so far :)

. 20160305_180817_zpstdqzeff2.jpg

• Like 2

Wow Les that is SOME tank

Good for you

Albert

Certainly is Albert and fits like a glove in the space I have for it. The guy has lost over 2/3rds of the price he paid 6 months ago but he needed it to go quickly as he is moving house an needs to down size. It also came with a Maxspect 150 gyre and a Jebao 8000 return pump a phos reactor with pump.Jeabo 4 channel doser, heaters, ATU and other bits and bobs all 6 months old. I am very pleased as it;s all quality stuff. Am very tired now and aching so off to bed to recuperate as it's all taken it's toll on me but I am extremely pleased.

• Like 1
albertthiel

Certainly is Albert and fits like a glove in the space I have for it. The guy has lost over 2/3rds of the price he paid 6 months ago but he needed it to go quickly as he is moving house an needs to down size. It also came with a Maxspect 150 gyre and a Jebao 8000 return pump a phos reactor with pump.Jeabo 4 channel doser, heaters, ATU and other bits and bobs all 6 months old. I am very pleased as it;s all quality stuff. Am very tired now and aching so off to bed to recuperate as it's all taken it's toll on me but I am extremely pleased.

Wow man you got SOME deal there for sure

I love it

Not often that you can get all of that for a real good price as you intimated in another message

Albert

• Like 1
StinkyBunny

Damn nice tank Les!! Just be VERY careful with that Jebao dosing pump, the 1st gen units had some issues with siphoning. You can email Eric at Fish-Street and he can tell you if it's a 1st or 2nd gen doser. I have 2 1st gen and have never had an issue, but I keep them in line with the water level and I keep the output end out of the water.

• Like 2

Oops phone and predictive text mean the doser of course. I got some sand in the bottom of the tank but it's hardly a desert lol

Was determined this time I wasn't going to but am just a weak man lol mwah xxxx

• Like 1
albertthiel

Oops phone and predictive text mean the doser of course. I got some sand in the bottom of the tank but it's hardly a desert lol

Was determined this time I wasn't going to but am just a weak man lol mwah xxxx

I kind of figured something had gone wrong with the text that I read :)

Albert

albertthiel

Sun corals are pretty safe as far as toxins right? I have my hands in the tank every night to feed them. They don't sting you right?

no. safe

Albert

Took a little time but my new tank is now level as I can get it. Spot on along it's length perhaps 1/8" out front to back but that's fine. Next step a good clean and sterilisation.

• Like 1
albertthiel

Took a little time but my new tank is now level as I can get it. Spot on along it's length perhaps 1/8" out front to back but that's fine. Next step a good clean and sterilisation.

Coming along slowly but surely I see

Albert

Job for today on the tank cleaned inside and out attached overflow return and emergency overflow pipes tempory and fitted pump. Next job clean the sump out. Listed some of my surplus equipment on a UK forum. I am taking my time there is no rush.

• Like 1
albertthiel

Job for today on the tank cleaned inside and out attached overflow return and emergency overflow pipes tempory and fitted pump. Next job clean the sump out. Listed some of my surplus equipment on a UK forum. I am taking my time there is no rush.

Looks like you are moving along just fine with the new set up Les

Albert

• Like 1