Cultivated Reef

1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

That coralline growth is the king indicator of consistent ion balance, the tank is totally test free the rest of its life how sick is that

if you never ran another calcium or alk test or pH test but kept the same dosage of c balance even 20 mos from now it will simply be dense coral growth and coralline that doesn't lay flat but stands upright in little whorls and spikes...

The rate of calcification is ideal in that tank, you don't need test kits to see it. I've noticed that coralline can defend itself decently against invader algae when coralline grows well enough...considering how the color reflects in the blue leds its also a pop for your great pics

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice, I'm using your tank as inspiration ;)

thanks, glad to be one. if you have any questions about my set up or routine by all means ill be glad to answer them :)

That coralline growth is the king indicator of consistent ion balance, the tank is totally test free the rest of its life how sick is that

if you never ran another calcium or alk test or pH test but kept the same dosage of c balance even 20 mos from now it will simply be dense coral growth and coralline that doesn't lay flat but stands upright in little whorls and spikes...

The rate of calcification is ideal in that tank, you don't need test kits to see it. I've noticed that coralline can defend itself decently against invader algae when coralline grows well enough...considering how the color reflects in the blue leds its also a pop for your great pics

ive started to see tiny spots of them growing on the glass about a few weeks ago ever since i started to dose up, ( .5mL each part) but i still want to keep my side glass pristine, but maybe ill let them grow on the bottom glass since its a bit more tricky to clean (even with my "cleaning stick")

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

You sir are in inspiration to this quote by Leonard Nimoy:

"Space... the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her on-going mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Let me paraphrase

"Pico Reefing... an Exciting Frontier. These are the continuing videos/pics of the reefer X3THELAST. His on-going mission: to push pico reefs to their limit, to seek out new ways to make it happen and new concepts, to boldly go where no reefer has gone before."

On behalf of Micro-Reefs, I salute you again.... :)

You sir are in inspiration to this quote:

"Space... the Final Frontier. These are the continuing voyages of the starship Enterprise. Her on-going mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life forms and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Let me paraphrase

"Pico Reefing... an Exciting Frontier. These are the continuing videos/pics of the reefer X3THELAST. His on-going mission: to push pico reefs to their limit, to seek out new ways to make it happen and new concepts, to boldly go where no reefer has gone before."

haha. thanks :bowdown: Mike

whats wrong with the current lighting!

nothing really, but the wife got me something and she got on sale. haha

i love gadgets :D

light upgrade in the works! :D

Why are you planning on changing the lighting ... ? What do you feel is wrong with it?

Interested in finding out what you reasoning is for wanting to change it. Thanks for clarifying

You sir are in inspiration to this quote:

Let me paraphrase

Mike the more I look at some of those Picos, here on this Forum and on others (RC and Manhattan Reef) the more I get impressed with what some hobbyists actually achieve.

Not sure if you read the post on my thread about mini and pico system the other day, that talks about all the forms and variations they come in but it is a very interesting article .. here is the link to it for you and others who read this thread :

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=4024197

It's a VERY interesting article that I think all Pico and similar tank hobbyists SHOULD read.

Albert

Why are you planning on changing the lighting ... ? What do you feel is wrong with it?

Interested in finding out what you reasoning is for wanting to change it. Thanks for clarifying

nothing really, i just wanted to having something more customizable.

Just got my upgrade in :D

IMG_2662.JPG

The corals are loving it :D

IMG_2663.JPG

-thanks VeganBrian for helping me figure out how far to mount this thing w/o killing everything!

Wow what an amazing tank! Seriously one of the best picos in my eyes. I was going to try my hand at one of these tanks but I don't know if I should now, can't compete with this lol.

nothing really, i just wanted to having something more customizable.

Just got my upgrade in :D

IMG_2662.JPG

The corals are loving it :D

IMG_2663.JPG

-thanks VeganBrian for helping me figure out how far to mount this thing w/o killing everything!

Great and glad to read it

Wow what an amazing tank! Seriously one of the best picos in my eyes. I was going to try my hand at one of these tanks but I don't know if I should now, can't compete with this lol.

:lol:

this coming from the guy with a bad a$$ 2+ years old pico, with TWO clams!

:bowdown:

love to see a pic of the whole set up :)

here ya go. (excuse my ghetto mounting of the controller, idk how to mount it w/o drilling more holes to the wall -_-)

IMG_2667.JPG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Holy Toledo!

That's one seriously pimped out pico! I couldn't believe it when I see two probes in the background and an AI nano on this tiny guy!

You keep getting my attention on what you will do next! Nice work!

here ya go. (excuse my ghetto mounting of the controller, idk how to mount it w/o drilling more holes to the wall -_-)

IMG_2667.JPG

The fully equipped Pico ! ... Gun looks bigger than the tank :0

Archived