1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sweet looking tank dude!!

Thanks! :wizard:

Ikea fixture... ME 2 OMG TWINSIES!!!! LOL

On a serious note how is that RKL. Does it come with the 4 outlet power supply or is that separate?

Haha yeaa! Ikea lurking on weekends lol.

The rkl came with the itemp and the pc4 which is the 4 outlets. I got mine from marine depot and for a little more $ you can get the exclusive bundle with the sl1 and a pH probe.

Holy Smokes Batman! This tank has gone bling bling! :)

haha thanks mike, couldnt have been possible w/o your tank ofcourse :wizard:

looks good! how's that acro doing? i just added an sps also. looks healthy so far, good polyp extension.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Credit always goes to the reefer, his/her dedication and commitment to the tank is what makes it prevail! We simply provide one of the many elements needed for success!

What I really love about what you have done is that you have captured a piece of the ocean using such a tiny tank, for that I applaud you!

Mike Guerrero

looks good! how's that acro doing? i just added an sps also. looks healthy so far, good polyp extension.

Thanks man. My acro is turning white from the base. Saw my hermit spending a little too much time on it, probably eating the dead tissue? Idk I'll just stick to softies n lps. Maybe a birds nest later on.

Credit always goes to the reefer, his/her dedication and commitment to the tank is what makes it prevail! We simply provide one of the many elements needed for success!

What I really love about what you have done is that you have captured a piece of the ocean using such a tiny tank, for that I applaud you!

Mike Guerrero

Thank you sir.

aquemeni5110
the new additions :)

IMG_2295.jpg

and ofcourse FTS

IMG_2296.jpg

WOW! Great looking tank. Love the bare bottom. Are you taking your pictures with an iPhone 4S?

WOW! Great looking tank. Love the bare bottom. Are you taking your pictures with an iPhone 4S?

thanks! :)

yep just iPhone. :wizard:

new FTS. with the red PE/Magicians and yellow cloves on the PH.

IMG_2341.JPG

IMG_2342.JPG

the mushroom has actually expanded more, a saw some new zoa heads and the xenias are still trying to gum down the scoly haha

added some candycane frags from my 4 gal and the king (or queen) of my 1gal...a POM POM crab!

i found someone selling them for $10 each so i got 2. :D

the other one is in the 4 gal hanging out with a red coral banded shrimp and an over sized anemone lol.

ill post an FTS if the pom pom decides to come out of the cave.

on the growth side of things. all the corals are thriving! i keep finding new tiny polys or eyes on them.

the gsp slipped down the back wall so now its wedge between the intake tube and the rock, hope it attaches soon before something makes it drop back down.

:wizard:

new FTS with new algae mag. vertex simplex and duplex for my 4 gal.

probably the ONLY mags ive gotten with warnings about the magnet strength lol.

IMG_2404.JPG

from the TOP

IMG_2406.JPG

and over all.

IMG_2405.jpg

:wizard:

It looks awesome!

Neat little tank you have here! Looks very clean cut I like it alot.

Thanks man. Yea I'm trying to keep it OCD clean lol

albertthiel
:lol: I love the Glock that is 3x the size of the tank!!

good lookin tank btw..

Yes that is an amazing look indeed ... BIG and small

Albert

man..how are u attaching your corals to the rock? epoxy right? i can't seem to get the thing to hold onto my plugs. i dried it off as much as i can too.

albertthiel
man..how are u attaching your corals to the rock? epoxy right? i can't seem to get the thing to hold onto my plugs. i dried it off as much as i can too.

Use the Coral Glue brand CG, it's a paste and if you put a dab on the rock and then hold the frag on it for maybe 15 or 20 seconds, it should stay firmly in place.

FWIW and hope it helps you/

aquemeni5110
Use the Coral Glue brand CG, it's a paste and if you put a dab on the rock and then hold the frag on it for maybe 15 or 20 seconds, it should stay firmly in place.

FWIW and hope it helps you/

Coraffix works well too. Bonds just as quick.

Archived