Pod Your Reef

1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was in wal-mart yesterday and went by the fish section to look and they make a 3 gallon cube with leds. It's made of plastic and has a lid and place for a filter. It was $30 but would be a fun little tank to mod the heck outta. I would like to mod a couple sealed one gallons into my system there's just not enough room in my little sump.

I was in wal-mart yesterday and went by the fish section to look and they make a 3 gallon cube with leds. It's made of plastic and has a lid and place for a filter. It was $30 but would be a fun little tank to mod the heck outta. I would like to mod a couple sealed one gallons into my system there's just not enough room in my little sump.

itd be cool if it was glass. my acrylic tank is all scratched up from cleaning -_-

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
itd be cool if it was glass. my acrylic tank is all scratched up from cleaning -_-

All scratched up? :o

love your new clam. how hard is it to care for?

not that hard really, just think of it as being a really sensitive coral. i dont have anything special for it besides my full tank water change that i already do normally. i dont feed it phyto, just feed normally and ill squirt some coral frenzy on top of it. thats about it really, seems to be doing really good.

:wizard:

All scratched up? :o

yea, it was a cheapo petco one. yours still looks as if it were new! :D

Xenia has been steadily growing. But lately the maxima has been excreting alot of mucus so the Xenia had to come out. Mucus strings stopped, problem solved. The Xenia was letting something out the maxima didn't like.

Can you take an FTS under a white light, so we can see the colors better? I can barely see in blue light for some reason.

yea sorry about that. It's the best white balance our camera can do. Lol

Pushing the limits, love it!

always!

ps. stay dry over there! heard theres a hurricane coming by, ive got family in tampa area :/

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
not that hard really, just think of it as being a really sensitive coral. i dont have anything special for it besides my full tank water change that i already do normally. i dont feed it phyto, just feed normally and ill squirt some coral frenzy on top of it. thats about it really, seems to be doing really good.

Ah, what a relief!

If this is abut the Clam you got, you may want to go the the Clam thread on this forum and read up as much as you can on how to care for them and what to watch out for in case it starts exhibiting some of the signs that are covered in that thread .. e.g. Pinched Mantle, or gaping, or not reacting to sudden movement around it, or not extending its mantle completely.

There is a ton of information on that thread

If this is abut the Clam you got, you may want to go the the Clam thread on this forum and read up as much as you can on how to care for them and what to watch out for in case it starts exhibiting some of the signs that are covered in that thread .. e.g. Pinched Mantle, or gaping, or not reacting to sudden movement around it, or not extending its mantle completely.

There is a ton of information on that thread

Already read them Albert :)

But really my clams have all been very solid and attach within that same day. I've got no problems just yet *knock on wood*

I just hope my wife doesn't end up killing em when I leave to go overseas >_<

Already read them Albert :)

But really my clams have all been very solid and attach within that same day. I've got no problems just yet *knock on wood*

I just hope my wife doesn't end up killing em when I leave to go overseas >_<

Good to read and I guess you may need to give your wife a course in how to take care of clams etc...

Certainly can't hurt.

Great yours is doing well

• PICTURES!
  • Lunar Eclipse and Darth Mauls
    IMG_2621.JPG

• Duncan has grown 3 new heads since I bought it as a single head, a month ago?
    IMG_2622.JPG

• Great growth on the Armor of Gods, Lord of the Rings and one new baby on the Red Death. The Red Magician PE has grown a new polyp every week!
    IMG_2623.JPG

• FTS!
    IMG_2624.JPG

Im really happy with the coral growth in my little tank, everythings going very well.

Archived