Cultivated Reef

1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the shallow has mainly all sps. but i havent had time to keep up with it, there is alge and stuff that needs to be taken care of.

sheet. clean it and reef cam it up! :D

how are u getting all of the debris off the bottom?

nothing really settles to the bottom because of how the pumps are placed and because of the curved corners. Any debri just gets blown back to get sucked out into the filter :)

nothing really settles to the bottom because of how the pumps are placed and because of the curved corners. Any debri just gets blown back to get sucked out into the filter :)

IME some debris and uneaten food usually does sink and settles in the substrate but hopefully with your set up it will not ...

IME some debris and uneaten food usually does sink and settles in the substrate but hopefully with your set up it will not ...

I have a bare bottom tank. So no substrate remember al?

I did not read through all 15 pages but how is this going? Should I attempt this? Sounds like fun!

You can sure try but you'll need to read the thread so you can see how it was all started and as to your other question : sure as long as it is well maintained and all nutrients are kept in check and the tank is not over loaded

You can sure try but you'll need to read the thread so you can see how it was all started and as to your other question : sure as long as it is well maintained and all nutrients are kept in check and the tank is not over loaded

Damn it Albert! I'm TRYING TO OVERLOAD THE TANK!!!! lol

I did not read through all 15 pages but how is this going? Should I attempt this? Sounds like fun!

Read it then try it! you'll never know til you do. And if it doesn't work out, fix it then try again! :)

so i would like to announce...sadly the maxima clam has died. my wife found a snail inside eating it...so i had her take it out and put it in the bigger tank where it ultimately died...

i feared that this would happen while im away and it did. oh well, i might get another clam when i get back. or maybe just stick to trying to get successful with the sps in there....

4 more weeks til im back home. bummer -_- its all in my wifes hands now. hope nothing else dies before i can get back home!

so i would like to announce...sadly the maxima clam has died. my wife found a snail inside eating it...so i had her take it out and put it in the bigger tank where it ultimately died...

i feared that this would happen while im away and it did. oh well, i might get another clam when i get back. or maybe just stick to trying to get successful with the sps in there....

4 more weeks til im back home. bummer -_- its all in my wifes hands now. hope nothing else dies before i can get back home!

What snail was it if I may ask ... odd that it did not do so before ... are you sure it was the snail or did the snail get in there "after" the clam died which is usually what happens ...

Just wondering ...

Dude that sucks! I no longer have any clams in my tank due to pyramid snails. I am scared to move any of the rock from my 3 gal over to my new 30 gallon once its up for fear of some pyramid snails being moved over. I want to have a couple clams in the 30 so I want to avoid that situation at all costs.

Sad to hear it man. I hope nothing else does south while you are gone.

It does sound like your wife did pretty good though, noticing something was wrong with the clam probably saved the tank.

What snail was it if I may ask ... odd that it did not do so before ... are you sure it was the snail or did the snail get in there "after" the clam died which is usually what happens ...

Just wondering ...

it was a dwarf cerith...possible that it had died prior...but from what? i was gone for maybe 6 days when it happened.

Dude that sucks! I no longer have any clams in my tank due to pyramid snails. I am scared to move any of the rock from my 3 gal over to my new 30 gallon once its up for fear of some pyramid snails being moved over. I want to have a couple clams in the 30 so I want to avoid that situation at all costs.

bummer man. idk i dont have any pyramid snails tho, just dwarf ceriths...

Sad to hear it man. I hope nothing else does south while you are gone.

It does sound like your wife did pretty good though, noticing something was wrong with the clam probably saved the tank.

yea i ask about my tank every night and then i look at it on the reef cam. lol good thing i did other wise id have to start over....shes doing a pretty good job, only because i threatened her that if the tank crashes ill have to start over and buy MORE CORALS. muhahahahaha

it was a dwarf cerith...possible that it had died prior...but from what? i was gone for maybe 6 days when it happened.

I guess it must not have been in good shape for a while then as Ceriths would not kill off a Clam. Wonder what the problem was ... and sorry you lost it.

went home this weekend to find the tank full of brown algae film growing all over the bottom floor and everything loosing colour. the lobo was bleached out so i took it out and placed it in the larger tank to recover.

i cleaned everything up and did a water change friday night, everything looks better already, but now the neon green milli looks like its dead, but its still neon green but no more polyps :( the red planet is dying from the base but still showing PE. *sigh* ive got bad luck with sps....hopefully they'll recover still.

aside from that i think everything is looking better already, check it out on the reef cam! :D

went home this weekend to find the tank full of brown algae film growing all over the bottom floor and everything loosing colour. the lobo was bleached out so i took it out and placed it in the larger tank to recover.

i cleaned everything up and did a water change friday night, everything looks better already, but now the neon green milli looks like its dead, but its still neon green but no more polyps :( the red planet is dying from the base but still showing PE. *sigh* ive got bad luck with sps....hopefully they'll recover still.

aside from that i think everything is looking better already, check it out on the reef cam! :D

What are your water quality parameters right now ... you may need more water changes and fresh chemicals to remove PO4 etc ... IMO ...

Archived