Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

that would be great albert! sounds awesome! ill send ya a pm!

Thanks very much , I appreciate it and sent you a PM with the email address

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been lurking checking out this thread for a while now, absolutely beautiful Pico you have here. One thing though, your birds nest looks more like cats paw (stylophora)

RainbowStylo.jpg

4901541651_a9cd2f6505.jpg

I've been lurking checking out this thread for a while now, absolutely beautiful Pico you have here. One thing though, your birds nest looks more like cats paw (stylophora)

RainbowStylo.jpg

Looking real great !!!!

RainbowStylo.jpg

Meh I don't think it's a cats paw. The polyps are long like on birds nest. But I've been curious as to why it's bundled really close.

oh actually they are ORA birdsnest according to my LFS. :)

They pop for sure man its bathed in blue

I thought of something to help out if any future problems arise

its that goni coral on the bottom

out of all the corals I ever tried, Ive never had one do as much near harm to my tank through chemical allelopathic warfare as a single red goni frag only a tenth that size

it was bright red, who knows if that signals some other kind of warning for varying chemical cues but either way after a few months all the corals in my tank were horribly withdrawn for two days and when I sold off the frag it all came back. there's no proof but its my strongest inkling the goni did it, and it was after months where I initially thought it blended well with the other corals. It was a time I went a while between water changes, perhaps a threshold had developed where the big 100% changes we do was saving everything and then I overdid that.

if you ever have continual problems with a certain kind of coral dying off after a while, or tankwide problems after that bad boy has been in the water a few mos then consider him a suspect.

Since its a different species possibly than the one I had it may be harmless, its just a brainstorm to keep in mind. the 100% water changes are such a great idea for this and for so many other problems that can wreck a small tank Id imagine they are the lifeblood regardless of what's stocked.

They pop for sure man its bathed in blue

I thought of something to help out if any future problems arise

its that goni coral on the bottom

out of all the corals I ever tried, Ive never had one do as much near harm to my tank through chemical allelopathic warfare as a single red goni frag only a tenth that size

it was bright red, who knows if that signals some other kind of warning for varying chemical cues but either way after a few months all the corals in my tank were horribly withdrawn for two days and when I sold off the frag it all came back. there's no proof but its my strongest inkling the goni did it, and it was after months where I initially thought it blended well with the other corals. It was a time I went a while between water changes, perhaps a threshold had developed where the big 100% changes we do was saving everything and then I overdid that.

if you ever have continual problems with a certain kind of coral dying off after a while, or tankwide problems after that bad boy has been in the water a few mos then consider him a suspect.

Since its a different species possibly than the one I had it may be harmless, its just a brainstorm to keep in mind. the 100% water changes are such a great idea for this and for so many other problems that can wreck a small tank Id imagine they are the lifeblood regardless of what's stocked.

They're pretty mean species for sure! One of its polys came too close to my blasto and attacked it. Now it's closer towards the glass. And since the Xenia is practically invincible I'm not worried about it being too near. But it's one I will observe carefully once it grows out more. I got it with the intent of having it filter the water even more to remove excess additives :)

KeyboardWarrior

Wow just read your whole thread this tank is really amazing I can't believe the diversity of life and colour that you have managed to maintain in such a small space. I'm not normally I big fan of bb but that's tank looks so clean I think it really pulls it off well and it looks great. Keep up the good work.

Wish micro reefs was over here too.

Wow just read your whole thread this tank is really amazing I can't believe the diversity of life and colour that you have managed to maintain in such a small space. I'm not normally I big fan of bb but that's tank looks so clean I think it really pulls it off well and it looks great. Keep up the good work.

Wish micro reefs was over here too.

Thanks! I try my best it really helps to keep it somewhere you'll see it everyday (in my case next to the computer) so you'll notice it and keep it clean. Msg Mike G. from micro reefs he can probably ship you a tank or something overseas. its about time our friends from across the pond got some love :D

KeyboardWarrior
Thanks! I try my best it really helps to keep it somewhere you'll see it everyday (in my case next to the computer) so you'll notice it and keep it clean. Msg Mike G. from micro reefs he can probably ship you a tank or something overseas. its about time our friends from across the pond got some love :D

Yeah but I bet it's hard to concentrate on anything with that beauty beside you. I'd love a micro reefs tank and the lighting units look good to but usually once you've paid shipping costs it just blows the price up massively. I know tell me about it we always seem to miss out on good products and good prices haha

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
This week's update...nothing much going on really, same old same old.

A few people are asking about my set up so here it is.

photo9.JPG

WOW!

I NEED TO MAKE YOU THE OFFICIAL MICRO-REEFS 1 GALLON LEGACY TANK! Hey your tank is literally is shortly headed into the Tron's Legacy SPS category!

I salute you for we who are about to reef! ;)

WOW!

I NEED TO MAKE YOU THE OFFICIAL MICRO-REEFS 1 GALLON LEGACY TANK! Hey your tank is literally is shortly headed into the Tron's Legacy SPS category!

I salute you for we who are about to reef! ;)

lol thanks mike! im really pushing for this to hit the 1 year mark atleast :D

how and how well can you keep the ph and alk stable?

I'm interested to know how the ph probe works for you as well.

the probe works great! i mainly use it to keep tracking tool for the ph levels on the tank making sure they go up and down within a reasonable range, since there is no way to keep it dialed in for a whole cycle. and as far as alk being stable. i dose a two part separately by a day and add another additive in the middle of the week that has all trace minerals just to be sure nothing is depleted with such a packed small system. :D

Archived