Coral Vue Hydros

1gal MicroReef build!

x3thelast

Sorry to hear some things are not doing good. I'm sure things will get back on track now that you're home.

im not back home yet, still away for a few more weeks just came home for the weekend to take care of some things :/

How does gsp stick to the side?

it attached to the intake pipe and glass

What are your water quality parameters right now ... you may need more water changes and fresh chemicals to remove PO4 etc ... IMO ...

the parameters are optimal now, i also just replaced my purigen pack. i wonder why my green milli is bleaching tho...

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GSP is attached to the glass the same way it attaches to rocks. Its a natural thing, though he probably glued a small piece there first, the rest will just grow on the glass like normal.

GSP is attached to the glass the same way it attaches to rocks. Its a natural thing, though he probably glued a small piece there first, the rest will just grow on the glass like normal.

like I said. I had a piece attached between the glass and the hob intake pipe :)

Look at the past FTS ^_^

haha okay. heres come cellphone pics

Any recent full tank shots as these are from Sept 24 ? Thanks. Looks great in those pics !

Any recent full tank shots as these are from Sept 24 ? Thanks. Looks great in those pics !

none til i get back next month...im away for training -_-

• 3 weeks later...

its good to be back home :D

quick little FTS and update on what happend while i was away!

IMG_2833.JPG

Clam is dead

Lobo is in the 4 gallon

Mille has RTN

Red Planet is barely hanging on

Added Birds Nest up top.

Did a full water change asap when i got home lol.

well that sucks. gsp looks like its taking off. But thats pretty normal lol

thats about the only one taking off...well the magicians and duncans, acans are growing pretty good. im just having a hard time with effing SPS mang!?!?! if i can manage to grow this birds nest i'll be a happy camper. but having sps in this tiny tank is just proving really difficult for me for some reason -_-

Sucks about the clam man and the sps. It's still looking pretty good though. If you can make sps work in this tiny tank then I have to be able to make it work in my 30. I finally got the 30 up and running btw, you should check it out and let me know what you think. I might be keeping the 3 gallon up and running as well.

Sucks about the clam man and the sps. It's still looking pretty good though. If you can make sps work in this tiny tank then I have to be able to make it work in my 30. I finally got the 30 up and running btw, you should check it out and let me know what you think. I might be keeping the 3 gallon up and running as well.

yes keep the 3 gal running PUHLEASE!

oh and you should link your 30 on your sig. ill check it out THEN! :P

yes keep the 3 gal running PUHLEASE!

oh and you should link your 30 on your sig. ill check it out THEN! :P

Let me see if I can remember how to do that. It took me hours to do it for my 3 gallon lol.

thanks, glad to be one. if you have any questions about my set up or routine by all means ill be glad to answer them :)

I have questions LOL

My coralline algae grows fairly well since I switch over a few months ago to B-Ionic and vinegar but I also just recently started dosing Kalkwasser again W/ my top off water "I drip it in over night about 1/2 gallon every other day" but I still cant get the coralline to grow as fast as I would like it to

Now granted I know coralline algae is much slower growing than something nasty like hair algae or other nuisance algae's but you seem to be the coralline whisperer because you tank has coralline growing so thick you would think the tanks been setup or YEARS

The only thing I have ever noticed to REALLY make a huge difference was actually 1 time in a customers tank that I used to service, I used to service it every 2 months and when I showed up to clean the tank the ENTIRE top and front face of all of his live rock had the most dense coralline growth I had ever seen in my entire life...Apparently what had happened was the last time I serviced the tank the guy that was helping me messed with the timers on his lights and what happened was my guy actually shut off the white lights and somehow setup his actinic lights to be on 24 HOURS A DAY FOR 2 WHOLE MONTHS!!!

Now obviously this is a bit stressful for the fish "Or atleast I would assume it is" but even with the customer not ever dosing anything in the tank his rock's actually looked fake because they were so purple, the coralline was so thick it had actually cemented the corals to the rocks as well as cemented some rocks together LOL

Now obviously I am not saying for someone to do this, HOWEVER it should be worth noting that if you dont have any fish "or have fish you dont care about" that leaving your actinic lights on for 24 hours a day for 2-3 months will really kickstart your algae growth LOL

I have questions LOL

My coralline algae grows fairly well since I switch over a few months ago to B-Ionic and vinegar but I also just recently started dosing Kalkwasser again W/ my top off water "I drip it in over night about 1/2 gallon every other day" but I still cant get the coralline to grow as fast as I would like it to

Now granted I know coralline algae is much slower growing than something nasty like hair algae or other nuisance algae's but you seem to be the coralline whisperer because you tank has coralline growing so thick you would think the tanks been setup or YEARS

The only thing I have ever noticed to REALLY make a huge difference was actually 1 time in a customers tank that I used to service, I used to service it every 2 months and when I showed up to clean the tank the ENTIRE top and front face of all of his live rock had the most dense coralline growth I had ever seen in my entire life...Apparently what had happened was the last time I serviced the tank the guy that was helping me messed with the timers on his lights and what happened was my guy actually shut off the white lights and somehow setup his actinic lights to be on 24 HOURS A DAY FOR 2 WHOLE MONTHS!!!

Now obviously this is a bit stressful for the fish "Or atleast I would assume it is" but even with the customer not ever dosing anything in the tank his rock's actually looked fake because they were so purple, the coralline was so thick it had actually cemented the corals to the rocks as well as cemented some rocks together LOL

Now obviously I am not saying for someone to do this, HOWEVER it should be worth noting that if you dont have any fish "or have fish you dont care about" that leaving your actinic lights on for 24 hours a day for 2-3 months will really kickstart your algae growth LOL

having my ai nano on moonlight mode is pretty much like having actinic lights on after my light schedule goes off. so in a way i do have them on 24hrs a day...still coralline only creeps on its growth -_-

Lookin good man. I'm liking the goni. I want a red goni for the 30.

i wanted a red one too. but they're like 5x as much. i only got this one for 10bucks.

still havent figured out how to link the 30 thread to your sig??? :P

Thanks Albert! :)

If you have a nice picture of it and you want me to put it in my new book that I am writing, PM me and I'll send you the email to send a high res version of the tank picture to. Book writing is moving along well and I posted pictures of the cover on my thread.

By now they are a few pages back as there has been a lot of activity on the thread yesterday and the day before but if you go back a a page or two you'll see it. It is the one without the little fish on it as we added a fish but it is distracting so we are taking it ou.

On the picture of your Pico/Micro, the higher the resolution the better. I am going to put 2 pics of Brandon's bowl in the book too, so just let me know via PM and if you do want one in the book I'll send you the email address to send the pic to. Thanks

If you have a nice picture of it and you want me to put it in my new book that I am writing, PM me and I'll send you the email to send a high res version of the tank picture to. Book writing is moving along well and I posted pictures of the cover on my thread.

By now they are a few pages back as there has been a lot of activity on the thread yesterday and the day before but if you go back a a page or two you'll see it. It is the one without the little fish on it as we added a fish but it is distracting so we are taking it ou.

On the picture of your Pico/Micro, the higher the resolution the better. I am going to put 2 pics of Brandon's bowl in the book too, so just let me know via PM and if you do want one in the book I'll send you the email address to send the pic to. Thanks

that would be great albert! sounds awesome! ill send ya a pm!

Archived