Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Oh yeah got a mandy today kat. The healthiest one in the store.

A small male. He's eating pods and his stomach isn't pinched so hopefully he makes it. I have some black worms ready but I don't think he'll take food in his first night.

• Like 2
JavaJacketOC

I just got my freak on. Unaltered poopy cell phone pic of my nighttime WHAM POW light.

20140801_210222.jpg

Psammacora is so bright, it's showing up as over exposed.

20140801_210138.jpg

Damn that setosa is hot like ffiiiaaaahhhhhhhh

• Like 1

I wish my setosa was that pink! I have the Jason fox red hot setosa, it's more of like a fire red/orange. I need some pink in my tank...I loves me some pink corals

I wish my setosa was that pink! I have the Jason fox red hot setosa, it's more of like a fire red/orange. I need some pink in my tank...I loves me some pink corals
This is the JF Setosa. It has gotten very orange now. Used to be neon pink. Now its neon pink under 453 nm
  • Like 1
This is the JF Setosa. It has gotten very orange now. Used to be neon pink. Now its neon pink under 453 nm

Awesome! Well maybe mine has a chance of getting pink one day! Even under blues, mine isn't pink. Under blues it's like fire red. Amazing color regardless! One of my fasted growers also. The thing has nubs popping out all over the place. I love it.

• Like 1

Zeph lent me a book to read: Book of Coral Propagation by Anthony Calfo. In it they have a picture of decapsulated artemia eggs in a doser.

20140803_132548.jpg

I've been wanting to drip decapped eggs into my tank for the longest time. I tried a gravity drip but it would get clogged. Any ideas on how I could do this on the cheap?

There is no detail about the doser pictured above in the book but you can see an airline in it. It is stirring up the eggs like a normal hatching setup does so this could possibly prevent the gravity doser from clogging.

• Like 2
Zeph lent me a book to read: Book of Coral Propagation by Anthony Calfo. In it they have a picture of decapsulated artemia eggs in a doser.

20140803_132548.jpg

I've been wanting to drip decapped eggs into my tank for the longest time. I tried a gravity drip but it would get clogged. Any ideas on how I could do this on the cheap?

There is no detail about the doser pictured above in the book but you can see an airline in it. It is stirring up the eggs like a normal hatching setup does so this could possibly prevent the gravity doser from clogging.

I can tell you that is a garden hose electronic timer they are using. That is about all the help I am.
  • Like 1

Yeah, I think the key thing there is the garden hose timer which would be much bigger diameter so it wouldn't clog. Not sure how they're not emptying the whole thing into the tank at once though given it's that big...

Yeah, I think the key thing there is the garden hose timer which would be much bigger diameter so it wouldn't clog. Not sure how they're not emptying the whole thing into the tank at once though given it's that big...

They probably have the timer set to come on for 1 or 2 secs (maybe even 1 min depending on the minimum 'on' time allowed by the timer) every few hours and restrict the the outlet flow with a ball/gate valve. That's how I would do it anyway, its a shame we cant see any more of the piping manifold below the timer.

Paandemonium

Argh. I was having the worst time figuring out why my photos are scrolling. And I've managed to fix it, Ken Burns effect.

I like anything apple related cause its pretty much derp proof and I am a hugeeee derp. I thought you were an android fangirl though, am I mistaken?

I'm gonna be in Manhattan during December, have any must go to LFSs? I want to test out TSA procedure on live corals lol

• Like 1

I like anything apple related cause its pretty much derp proof and I am a hugeeee derp. I thought you were an android fangirl though, am I mistaken?

I'm gonna be in Manhattan during December, have any must go to LFSs? I want to test out TSA procedure on live corals lol

I'm a google fan girl more even though I hate Google +

I have a mac daddy (iMac) and an android phone. So there, best of both worlds.

Manhattan Aquariums. Tell 'em Kat sent you. And ping me so we can hang.