ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Yeah, I'm not really sure at this point. I don't want to overdo the feeding, especially right now, but I want the chaeto to grow.

Well, that the balancing act we all strive for. I would absolutely NOT feed the tank to feed the chaeto. It may be too early in your tank for chaeto BTW. You might have had nitrates recently but probably not enough to sustain chaeto.

Nobody likes reef talk anymo?

I do I do lol! Lawman has got me thinkin I need some high colored lps corals I like meats,brains etc,only prob is I have limited cube space.

I plan on doing a fluval V for a purple spot mantis soon,but further down the line (a year at least ) I'm thinking a nuvo sr-60.

He's the LPS guy for sure. I'm not really into the meats but to be honest the clutter free sand bed offsets the heavy coral in the tank.

I've had frags on the sand before, the cluttered look really takes away the appeal of the tank over all.

For comparison:

IMG_0458.JPGFTS_1-2.jpg

Reefs? I thought this was a shoe forum...

whaaaat! I thought it was all about cake.

• Like 5

I gotcha miss Kat, I still have lots of rock room to fill. Sand bed not so much lol. All in due time though.

I know that feeling. I'm afraid wars are going to break out on the bottom of my tank soon. Zoas have expanded and are growing over each other. Haven't been coral shopping in a while because there's no place to put anything!

• Like 3

Movies. Which ones have you watched a billion times? Can I go first? :lol:

OKAY DON'T JUDGE ME! :slap:

The Mummy. Watched it about a gazillion times, and can still watch it. I'm fascinated by the whole ancient Egyptian culture.

Transformers: The sound in the original movie is unbelievable. Sounds fantastic in a calibrated home theatre. Just wow.

Lord of the Rings: I love it when TV runs marathons on these.

Harry Potter: Read all the books multiple times, and seen the movies just as often. Love the marathons on TV

The Twilight Saga: it's NOT about the acting, it's the story and the books.

Iron Man: part one was fantastic! The one with Mickey Rourke I watched about 4 times just to see him over and over again. Such a beautiful man, such crazy plastic surgery and boxing disfigurement. Shame.

Those are all I can remember so far.

• Like 5

Movies. Which ones have you watched a billion times? Can I go first? :lol:

OKAY DON'T JUDGE ME! :slap:

The Mummy. Watched it about a gazillion times, and can still watch it. I'm fascinated by the whole ancient Egyptian culture.

Transformers: The sound in the original movie is unbelievable. Sounds fantastic in a calibrated home theatre. Just wow.

Lord of the Rings: I love it when TV runs marathons on these.

Harry Potter: Read all the books multiple times, and seen the movies just as often. Love the marathons on TV

The Twilight Saga: it's NOT about the acting, it's the story and the books.

Iron Man: part one was fantastic! The one with Mickey Rourke I watched about 4 times just to see him over and over again. Such a beautiful man, such crazy plastic surgery and boxing disfigurement. Shame.

Those are all I can remember so far.

Clerks(actually the entire viewaskew collection)

Jurassic Park

Jaws

Star wars (original ones)

Hot Rod

Fear and loathing in las Vegas....

To name a few

• Like 1

Well, that the balancing act we all strive for. I would absolutely NOT feed the tank to feed the chaeto. It may be too early in your tank for chaeto BTW. You might have had nitrates recently but probably not enough to sustain chaeto.

Gotcha. Possibly. I'll let it go a bit more before I try the chaeto again if this one dies. I may just take it out. It's starting to get into the tank and gunk up the intake tube.

Nobody likes reef talk anymo?

Always and forever. Just busy. And I have all these ideas!!!!

He's the LPS guy for sure. I'm not really into the meats but to be honest the clutter free sand bed offsets the heavy coral in the tank.

I've had frags on the sand before, the cluttered look really takes away the appeal of the tank over all.

For comparison:

IMG_0458.JPGFTS_1-2.jpg

Both look fantastic to me

As for movies:

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

The Dark Knight

Space Balls

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Pirates of the Caribbean

Ip Man

Ong Bak

Enter the Dragon

Rumble in the Bronx

Drunken Master

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Triplets of Belleville

Anything Alfred Hitchcock

• Like 1

I couldn't keep chaeto alive early on either.. it all died back to about a fistful. Now I can prune regularly.. handfuls at a time.

I took all the cheato in my fuge and tossed it a while back. A month later I was trimming it again, evidently the tiny bits I missed grew up...
  • Like 3

I took all the cheato in my fuge and tossed it a while back. A month later I was trimming it again, evidently the tiny bits I missed grew up...

lol, well that's what happened in the 12g, but not here.

mmm cake... I could use some of that. Too busy this week to make some though. :(

This is friggin hilarious! I made a cake without seeing this comment. I'll share some with Veng.

Yes yes yes. I emailed him this morning but have yet to hear back.

:slap: YUTEASEWITHCAKE?!

No tease, you're more than welcome to come by and have some tonight!
  • Like 1