Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

true true, still it's got to be more blue than the green right next to it.

Not necessarily. If they did it in photoshop instead of lightroom/picasa they would "lasso" just the paly and change only it's color.

BTW I'm still looking for blue clove polyps. Mike TR sent me a plug but it didn't survive. PolarCollision sent me a plug and it took 10 days to get to me. Package was destroyed and of course smelled lovely. Good thing I was away from home and TS got the privilege of opening it.

lol... blue cloves are gorgeous but they do love to take over. I guess I'll add them to the majano's I'm getting ;)

I think they're in a different genus than clove polyps.

But yeah, that's what I've read -- they're incredibly invasive and will pop up everywhere.

I know you like to keep your zoa garden quite tidy, so I don't know if you'd appreciate the unplanned chaos

• Like 1

I think the problem is they can spawn and end up all over everywhere. I even had some at one point growing on zoa flesh. They are beautiful though. I still have some hanging on to life despite being overgrown with cheato.

Here is mine before I killed most of them! :closedeyes:

DSC_0019_zpsdd50018b.jpg

0.5g pest pico anyone? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Aqua-Culture-BettaView-Aquarium-.5-Gallon-Fish-Aquatic-Pets/17248150#Product+Reviews

:D

• Like 1

Epic pictures

Subulata joins the livestock in my tank. Mar 14 2012, frag from Zeph

IMG_4160.JPG

Browns barely a week later. High phosphate levels.

IMG_4242.JPG

Took about 6 months to start to see color. Oct 2012

IMG_2403.CR2.jpg

Fast forward to now

20140525_145003.jpg

• Like 10

Working...I'm rebooting my tank LOL--new rocks, new sand, fragging what remaining polyps I have left into new plugs...vermetid explosion--growing everywhere...bah!

Working...I'm rebooting my tank LOL--new rocks, new sand, fragging what remaining polyps I have left into new plugs...vermetid explosion--growing everywhere...bah!
ugh hate those guys. But I want to see pics if the explosion.

LOL my poor hermits had it all over their shell--I spent today drilling them off. I need to do the same with my hammer--I will take a photo of that. I had them growing in my xenia (literally through the stalk) and some palythoas and zoos... :( I had to throw away a lot of rock with polyps on it :(

I also had my rocks infested with a pocci that decided to spawn--that was also growing everywhere...so, starting anew :) I'm updating my thread.

Well now I do..!! LOL Your cloves are famous and fancy! They have lineage. :D

:lol:

Ok, mine have never spread like crazy...which is a good thing.

So tomorrow I am going Mojano cray cray in my tank.

Is this a fake photo? I've tried to find a blue grandis paly but have never seen one except in this picture.

Paly-Grandis.jpg

I have seen it to be a more purple color actually. I have seen them before.

I want summ!

And you shall have some :P

• Like 1

When I lived in Florida...some were a mix of green, brown and purple. They were pretty common too.

I got some nice Grandis from Aly at reefchicks.com

I fragged one off for Zia :lol:

check this thread and you will see more of the purple type I am talking about. the one that is all purple is cool tho!

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/30725-cinnamon-paly-grandi.html

Yeah but that picture is saturated.

When I lived in Florida...some were a mix of green, brown and purple. They were pretty common too.I got some nice Grandis from Aly at reefchicks.comI fragged one off for Zia :lol: check this thread and you will see more of the purple type I am talking about. the one that is all purple is cool tho! http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/30725-cinnamon-paly-grandi.html'>http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/zoa-discussion-club-zoa/30725-cinnamon-paly-grandi.html
Pretty!
  • Like 1

Too much polyp scrutinizing here. I can turn sunny d's 100% green, if you like orange I can make them orange too. Different light and nutrients can do crazy things.

It's papas day, happy to all the dads out there. My dad was due to fly in tomorrow night to spend 2 weeks with us through his birthday and July 4. But my grandmother fell down yesterday. She's broken her hip again, this time on the other side. Surgery is scheduled for Tuesday. She raised me so this is frightening and at the same time I find myself being distant from the emotions. Headed to the gym to burn it off.

• Like 3