Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Cameron6796

Can you imagine the stench of the skimmate from that skimmer? Uggggg wouldn't want to slip while changing that... It's probably auto empty.

• Like 1

There was a huge one that I thought might have been a gigas but it was another derasa. Joe confirmed.

Still have to download pictures from the other camera. Might have more clam pictures there.

• Like 1

i'm so jealous you got to see everything behind the exhibit! i can only imagine the experience!

The aquarium actually does offer a behind the scenes tour once daily. I was just lucky that Joe himself took the 3 of us around exclusively, without a group following behind. And I am positive the tours don't show half the things Joe showed us such as the reefgen raceways, amongst other things. We got up close and personal with Phil, a very vocal and cute Penguin. He pretty much talks on command.

My nephew is 9 right now, at 12 years they allow the shark cage dive. Joe basically sold a 12th birthday visit to my nephew. :)

(I might beat him to it :lol: )

http://www.longislandaquarium.com/adventures-sharkdive.html

• Like 4

I got my Wife to go with my on a Shark dive on our Honeymoon in Cancun. It was a clear Acrylic cage. I loved it put would have loved to stay down a little longer. They gave each of us a pole with a hunk of fish on the end.

I used it on the back glass outside and no peeling or anything....My friend used it on PVC pipes that went inside without issue. I would worry if you had an animal that scraped at the site like a Blenny, tang, urchin.

miyagi Tort pics. It is growing well but I really want to see some yellow. My california tort is showing more of the coloration I want from the Miyagi. Also, is this tabling growth pattern normal for a tort?

Aug 2013

20130801_210310.jpg

October 2013
20131003_191804.jpg

November 2013

20131104_092916_1.jpg

Feb 2014

20140222_203211.jpg

April 2014

20140428_164750_1.jpg

• Like 4

Krylon fusion clear. Reef safe? Has anybody used it?

2444-Fusion-Clear.png

Fusion isn't really a paint, it bonds on a molecular level to plastics. Us pc modders have used it for years because of that. It should never come off unless it's sanded down.

But is it reef safe as in to put whatever is coated submerged in the water?

Yes , it 100% safe under water . I used it on my 40b back in the day to hide some pipes.

They were sprayed black.

• Like 1

miyagi Tort pics. It is growing well but I really want to see some yellow. My california tort is showing more of the coloration I want from the Miyagi. Also, is this tabling growth pattern normal for a tort?

Aug 2013

October 2013

November 2013

Feb 2014

April 2014

20140428_164750_1.jpg

Could it be tabling due to the water current? It almost looks like the water might swirl there a bit and that may be enough to table and branch out.