Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Echinata trying to make a meal out of the porites. :angry:

I'll have to move the echinata. Again.

20140501_104235.jpg

It already ate the encrusted brown coral next to it and looks like it's munching on zoas too. Bad Echinata. I've been trying to sell this thing for a while. I even fragged it.

• Like 5
jedimasterben

Echinata trying to make a meal out of the porites. :angry:

I'll have to move the echinata. Again.

20140501_104235.jpg

It already ate the encrusted brown coral next to it and looks like it's munching on zoas too. Bad Echinata. I've been trying to sell this thing for a while. I even fragged it.

I'll take it. I've got plenty of room for it, and can give it things to fight if it wants it :)

Pinner Reef

Evil Echinatas are evil.

That cake looks nummers. Did you really deconstruct it in order to add filling? That's totally something I would have attempted and failed at doing.

Either way its a nice looking coral and I am sad I did not get it with my last shipment from you. Everything else is happy but the ricordia. Jumped off the plug and landed in a world of hurt.

• Like 1

http://www.jasonfoxsignaturecorals.com/product_p/lps-02.htm

:closedeyes:

when i bought it in Dec 2011, at 1/2-3/4 inch size:

IMG_3524.JPG

overrated :P

:slap:

Today: LE Jason fox ultra designer

Tomorrow: $5 at the LFS's frag rack

:slap:

Frags are $20+ here at LFS. We have LFS that all frags are $20 no matter what they are, but they do not frag a bunch.

I am positive they aren't Jason Fox, his wholesale prices are more than that

Either way its a nice looking coral and I am sad I did not get it with my last shipment from you. Everything else is happy but the ricordia. Jumped off the plug and landed in a world of hurt.

:( is it going to be okay?

Evil Echinatas are evil.

That cake looks nummers. Did you really deconstruct it in order to add filling? That's totally something I would have attempted and failed at doing.

I really did deconstruct it to put the filling. I hadn't started piping the roses yet, just the icing was being put on.

• Like 1
natalia_la_loca

He's selling radioactive dragon eyes for $10 pp. Oh, sorry, they're actually "Jason Fox Fast Money Zoas"...my bad.

zoa-18-2T.jpg

BTW I love those zoas that your echinata is snacking on.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

:slap: It's an echinata. A designer echinata. :slap:

It's simply an Acanthastrea echinata :slap:

overrated :P

Both of these :P

I am positive they aren't Jason Fox, his wholesale prices are more than that

That's really because he doesn't sell wholesale - he is a retailer that relies on his name and high prices to sell coral, and sells at slightly discounted rates to stores that are stupid. ;)

• Like 2

Let there be Cake! :lol:

20140501_141826.jpg

A tank pic and no cake on this page ...

yet.

:)

;)

That's really because he doesn't sell wholesale - he is a retailer that relies on his name and high prices to sell coral, and sells at slightly discounted rates to stores that are stupid. ;)

Like PEA.

It's simply an Acanthastrea echinata :slap:

:slap: it's a designer Acan Echinata. :slap:

• Like 4
jedimasterben

Like PEA.

Have you seen stores sell PEA's stuff for such crazy prices? I haven't :P

Liveaquaria, for instance - they get a lot of their clams from PEA, but their prices on them are actually better in some cases (others not so much).

:slap: :slap: :slap:

• Like 1

Ric landed right in the middle of my frogspawn....didn't have a chance especially right after shipping it.

the LFS here do not have a large selection to pic from, so hard to get even a slightly sought after zoa much anything fancy.

Too much frosting on the cake. Looks good otherwise.

Agreed. The 2 cakes were different shapes so the extra buttercream evened it out.

Ric landed right in the middle of my frogspawn....didn't have a chance especially right after shipping it.

the LFS here do not have a large selection to pic from, so hard to get even a slightly sought after zoa much anything fancy.

Aww heck :( that was a pretty ric too. :( Why don't poop brown corals fly off the plug :angry:

Have you seen stores sell PEA's stuff for such crazy prices? I haven't :P

I meant that Jason Fox wholesales to PEA. :slap:

• Like 1
hypostatic

lps-02-2.jpg

Meh. I'm not impressed. Green-eyed Pink acan is what you are, mr coral.

I've seen much more impressive stuff at Manhattan Aquariums or Coral Theory in person (I rarely trust images on the internet), for really reasonable prices (I'm a cheapskate yo). No idea what you paid for your original frag, but I was at Coral Theory a while back, and they were fragging these beatiful rainbow acans that they were offering for like $20/frag (those things were like at least an inch). I'm not a huge acan fan, but i was REALLY tempted

Let there be Cake! :lol:

20140501_141826.jpg

;)

Like PEA.

Just so you know, i scrolled to this cake pic and Chloe went nuts LOL

:wub: <---- for Chloe

You couldn't see her face at dinner the last time we met. (Chicken and waffles mama Tailes). But when you slid her across the table to me, her eyes went slowly wide as she got closer to me.

I need an animated gif to illustrate

• Like 2