Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Islandoftiki

Yup that was the bunny I had. He was kinda cute but he got blended in the MP10 :(

What is it with those things? Same thing happened to me. Less than 12 hours and I only had half of a sea hare, which is substantially less than half as effective at eating algae.

• Like 1

I don't know Tiki. :( I got a blue velvet nudi on Friday and when I went home yesterday from the trade show he was no where to be found. It was in my fuge with the only flow being the in coming water being pulled back up by return pump. Further the baffle from the fuge chamber to the return chamber has egg crate and a wad of dense chaeto blocking it. The water passes through this chaeto roadblock before going up to my DT. So he could not have gotten sucked into the return. He may have slid into the skimmer chamber which has a powerful skimmer pump. :(

For the lettuce nudi or sea hare I decide to get I'm going to put foam covers on the mp10s

Islandoftiki

For the lettuce nudi or sea hare I decide to get I'm going to put foam covers on the mp10s

I bet they find a way in even with foam covers.

Islandoftiki

I suspect the irresistible poop shoot led to the demise of my first sea hare. My cleaner shrimp refused to stop picking at it's "exhaust port" to the point where it finally inked the shrimp, but that only deterred it for a couple hours. I think the sea hare thought the powerhead would be a better option.

• Like 2

you could get lucky and get one of them fish that live in its poop shoot.

Are you sure that happens with a sea hare ? I know a pearl fish will do this with a cucumber.

Whaaaat

Are you sure that happens with a sea hare ? I know a pearl fish will do this with a cucumber.

ah, you're right, i guess that could be quite the surprise for a sea hare. :lol:

• Like 4

My trade show ended and I've been a sickee poo. Also since it's mothers day this weekend, I'm not ashamed to say I'm milking it for all it's worth. :) This is from my niece :)

20140508_171921.jpg

She also gave me a small plant. :)

• Like 7
So did the burrito ever flatten out and recover?
recovery has been touch and go. It flattened, broke apart too. Some bits show very very small polyps. There is a part which is on some shells? That is closed up tighter than a clam but looks better than the burrito portions. It can stay pissed for decades, from personal experience. Just have to let it be and watch.

Nope , that was the "cooked food" mentioned above .
:slap:

wow! really beautiful setup.
Thank you Beth. Welcome to NR.

Awww. :wub: Got to love small kids and how they express their gratitude and love.
oya? What about when she has a moment and says 'You've ruined my whole life'. ? 6 years old and going on drama queen. But then I have like a drawer full of drawings she's made for me and little notes she leaves on my desk. 'I have TOOKEN your pencil'

And then she comes up to me at 6:30 am and asks for a ham and cheese omlette.

'Can I have a PEECE of cake?'

I ask her what did they give her for lunch in school.'That slimy brown thingee you sometimes make for me'(Ravioli) :rolleyes:

• Like 1

oh I've got algae! I don't do enough water changes but I prune the algae all the time. I am really trying to get better with water changes. Did a 5G tonight.

Mexican turbos help. But I'm also getting lettuce nudis and a blue spotted sea rabbit next.

MR-DSC_0233.jpg

DSCF6092.jpg

Whoa! I've never seen a nudi like that, what is it called? And how did you get it?

Are those teal spots real? Because they look so unreal! lol