Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

hypostatic

Damn, that's your wife? She damn sexy hot. :)

Pics of the new clam? Or what is that you got in package?

HAHAHA

No, this is actually the author of the featured creature blog

http://www.thefeaturedcreature.com/about-me

If you've never checked it out, amongst sowing off other cool looking creatures, every week she pick a nudibrach of the week lol

• Like 1

Kat you just lost some SERIOUS cool points for liking the Juke... I think its the ugliest car in the last decade. I want to crush all of them. Though your niece's kind gesture is still sweet despite the ugly car.

As to the hydroid eating nudi I think that would be terribly hard to keep fed.

My cool meter is still packing a punch Belac. Becoz I really like the R8 in carbon. Come on!!! the Juke looks like a penny racer, a frog, one of those characters from the movie cars. It's cute.

• Like 1

Why did you pick Vinegar over Vodka or sugar ? Keep an eye on your DKH and try to keep it at natural levels of 8 - 9. It is common to see burning of Acropora tips when carbon dosing at higher DKH levels. Also its a great idea to turn off all your media reactors during the day because they will clog right up from the bio increase of bacteria. I have mine on the apex only running late at night and off in the Am. Also make sure your skimmer is running as efficiently as possible.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Why did you pick Vinegar over Vodka or sugar ? Keep an eye on your DKH and try to keep it at natural levels of 8 - 9. It is common to see burning of Acropora tips when carbon dosing at higher DKH levels. Also its a great idea to turn off all your media reactors during the day because they will clog right up from the bio increase of bacteria. I have mine on the apex only running late at night and off in the Am. Also make sure your skimmer is running as efficiently as possible.

Vinegar is what RHF uses and recommends. I don't quite know why, but he is the chemist, not me :)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

You can use sugar? I had no idea.

Yep. Ethanol is C2H6O, standard 80 proof vodka is 40% ethanol. Vinegar is 5% acetate, C2H4O2. Table sugar is 99% pure C12H22O11.

• Like 1

Vinegar is what RHF uses and recommends. I don't quite know why, but he is the chemist, not me :)

Maybe because the vinegar has more oxygen for the same carbon? I don't know either. It might simply have to do with price/availability. Also as we use vinegar to clean stuff for the tanks, maybe it helps serve a dual purpose in dosing and providing some cleaning power?

How did you write those chemistry formulas?

You type the CHO, and then for the numbers you make the subscripts using the button with the X and the 2 below it. Likethis

• Like 1

Hello from the stadium. New York Red Bulls play the Chicago Fire. Flash thunderstorms are going to punctuate this game. We got soaked in the parking lor and I didn't even tailgate. Ha ha.

• Like 1

Good luck with the Vinegar. I used to dose it in a 20g Long after I added my 1st messy mandarin and can't say it harmed anything. Seemed less potent than vodka to me. It cleared up diatoms/cyano in no time. And I was just using a Tunze 9002 for a skimmer :happy:

What salt mix do you use? You will want something around NSW levels.

Hello from the stadium. New York Red Bulls play the Chicago Fire. Flash thunderstorms are going to punctuate this game. We got soaked in the parking lor and I didn't even tailgate. Ha ha.

Never knew you were a soccer fan

Never knew you were a soccer fan
Oh Honey, nobody scratches but the surface of this Kat. You see what I want you to see. ;)

Good luck with the Vinegar. I used to dose it in a 20g Long after I added my 1st messy mandarin and can't say it harmed anything. Seemed less potent than vodka to me. It cleared up diatoms/cyano in no time. And I was just using a Tunze 9002 for a skimmer :happy: What salt mix do you use? You will want something around NSW levels.
Reef Crystals. 5G change tomorrow. IMA make the kids help me. Being that it's mothers day and all. Also I was going to get the bunny rabbit on Monday but the kids will take me shopping tomorrow. :)
  • Like 1

I think it looks like a very ugly frog, which is wrong on many levels. In all seriousness I think any cool points you have in regards to cars are basically gone. ;)

You can do subscript as described above with the x buttons on here. In most word processing documents its a letter formatting choice.

Oh and speaking of science and vodka.