SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

TheNordCelt

Looking good Kat! I'd be interested in some macros at some point too, but not for a little while. I think I have some frags you would like.

Yeah when you trim your bush, let me know. kthnx
Looking good Kat! I'd be interested in some macros at some point too, but not for a little while. I think I have some frags you would like.

Gotcha.

Hey Kat, I bet my goni is bigger than yours.

dsc0003kw.jpg

That animal is amazing!!! You should stat your system thread under members tanks or large reefs section.

TheNordCelt
Gotcha.

That animal is amazing!!! You should stat your system thread under members tanks or large reefs section.

That is some sweet goni

That is some sweet goni

Gonioporas are another one of my sweet obsessions. These Australian ones tend do a little better than other regions.

Quick update.

ORA spongodes are pissed off bad and I'm not sure why, all the other SPS are fluffy.

The 2 pocillopora/acropora crabs decided they did not like thr two pocillopora colonies they were on and both of them moved into the seriatopora colonies; one into the pink birdsnest the other into the green. Go figure! :huh:

The BOP, Ponape and Tubbs Birdsnest are still very pale in color, barely any color to be honest, I hope that changes.

Installed the BRS auto shut off valve. The float switch works great but it isn't cutting off the waste water line. Maybe I did not wait long enough to see if it would kill it and manually shut it off. But I'll try it again otherwise I suppose if I reverse how I have the ASOV installed, that might do the trick.

Hope everyone had a good memorial day weekend. ;)

Hey Kat! Saw your conversation about the back wall and thought you mighht like these - sorry for the crappy pics - took them via cell phone for a quick send to the customer. I have mags inbound and will build you a couple to review (if you would be so kind!). Drop me a PM or email to let me know how thin/thick the space is and if you want them drilled for frag plugs.

88d422f8.jpg

7ce6dc30.jpg

152938fa.jpg

Edited by jestersix
surgicalsense
Hey Kat! Saw your conversation about the back wall and thought you mighht like these - sorry for the crappy pics - took them via cell phone for a quick send to the customer. I have mags inbound and will build you a couple to review (if you would be so kind!). Drop me a PM or email to let me know how thin/thick the space is and if you want them drilled for frag plugs.

88d422f8.jpg

7ce6dc30.jpg

152938fa.jpg

That is pretty neat. Like it is floating on the clear acrylic plates. But, how are you going to use these. I can not quite picture it in a tank.

WOW John, so that's why you've been so busy! I think the idea is awesome! For my tank my rock work does not touch the back wall and actually has ledges and steps for corals. The idea you have is perfect for those folks that have been glueing rocks to their back walls, now they have an option to use magnets and move it if they need to.

Thanks Kat. I'll send you one of the singles just to check out since you have planned wisely with your build ;)

These are smaller - biggest so far was a 17 pound monster custom to go on the back of a big acrylic tank. I just built one that mounts to the top brace in PlasmaLand and hangs down into the water for a couple of milli frags.

jedimasterben
Thanks Kat. I'll send you one of the singles just to check out since you have planned wisely with your build ;)

These are smaller - biggest so far was a 17 pound monster custom to go on the back of a big acrylic tank. I just built one that mounts to the top brace in PlasmaLand and hangs down into the water for a couple of milli frags.

17lbs eh? Me likey. :)

Where do you get the magnets for it? Just using superglue to attach the mags to the rock?

:wub:

So I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow leaving the tank on Apex and my Tank Sitter.

:scarry:

I'm not nervous about anything.....

17lbs eh? Me likey. :)

Where do you get the magnets for it? Just using superglue to attach the mags to the rock?

I use K&J Magnetics for the smaller stuff. I use Emaco to build them in - that is the cement looking stuff you see from the back side.

:wub:

So I'm leaving to go out of town tomorrow leaving the tank on Apex and my Tank Sitter.

Nothing to be nervous about, right? :o

Edited by jestersix
jedimasterben
I use K&J Magnetics for the smaller stuff. I use Emaco to build them in - that is the cement looking stuff you see from the back side.

Nice. Which kind did you happen to order for the 17lb one? :) This would be something I'd like to try!

ScubaEthan
Kat,

When you trim your macro's, especially the red grape...I'm interested in purchasing some from you...

Me tooooo!

These are smaller - biggest so far was a 17 pound monster custom to go on the back of a big acrylic tank.

Haha all of my rock combined is not even 17lbs. That build looks pretty cool though.

:happydance: Don't be nervous!