Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I'm gonna keep Kat in my pocket next time I go to a frag show.

"That frag? $60."

*pulls out Kat*

"....... $20."

:rolleyes:

I love that pink birds colony, so pretty! Everything always looks so happy and healthy in your tank.

Thank you. I sent a picture of it to the guy that I bought it from and he said it looks awesome in my tank, if I had seen the mother colony under Halides in his tank I would not have bought it. So my lights make some of these SPS happy which is a good thing.

Kat you should request a commission on this...you should get 2 frags for every 1 sold...and aiptasia, kenya tree, xenia and other pests may not be used as a form of payment...lmao...

Oh and Kat...it looks as though you walked away with some nice goodies from the swap!

I <3 KG, he gets to make his famous chilli for me whenever I'll go over to stare at his tank next and he lets me play with his puppies and kittens so it's all good. :)

That reminds me... Kat, I'm learning to embrace the xenia, I suppose it's bottom sump worthy. I'm amazed how many people actually like the crap. I had some dude drive from Bklyn to get some last week... who I then pressured into buying other frags... Muwahaha.

Xenia FTW! :P

Yes!Where are you gonna put all that loot!

I have space! pffft. I keep telling everybody that my rocks are bare, they really are! It's all coralline and it makes it look very very full, it really is not.

Those are some awesome looking new frags Kat!

Thank you!!!!

I should mention that even though you always see FTS, my rock work does not touch the back wall and I have very good light back there too. So some of the corals will be epoxied in the back. I had a froggie back there but it was shadowing some other coral so I moved it but when I glue everything down, there will be corals in the back as well.

I <3 KG, he gets to make his famous chilli for me whenever I'll go over to stare at his tank next and he lets me play with his puppies and kittens so it's all good. :)

Hit Aileen up on facebook and make plans. I'll just go with whatever you two decide.

I should mention that even though you always see FTS, my rock work does not touch the back wall and I have very good light back there too. So some of the corals will be epoxied in the back. I had a froggie back there but it was shadowing some other coral so I moved it but when I glue everything down, there will be corals in the back as well.

You're decorating a rock wall that you can't see? :huh:

Hit Aileen up on facebook and make plans. I'll just go with whatever you two decide.

You're decorating a rock wall that you can't see? :huh:

I will, I have a full house with family and I'm travelling for 2 weeks so middle of June is my next down time.

I can see the back wall! -_-

Glued down some frags, yay.

The bird's nest is so pretty! I love the tubipora, too -- the glowing green eye is really neat next to the white petals (for lack of a better term). I have one with burgundy-purple stems and ice-white heads -- it is one of my favorite corals b/c it looks so much like a bouquet of daisies!

Crappy phone pics will have to do. Right side back (ignore the red grape that needs to be anchored)

That's cool looking -- My original rock scape had more open back area -- it's really neat to see how life develops everywhere and get the different views from other angles.

Spirofucci

Love the backside shots!................................of your tank ofcourse.

I don't know why more people don't leave some more room between the rocks and the back glass.

A stray cat walked up to my front porch this morning while I was out watering the plants. So far, he/she is pretty friendly, but doesn't like their tummy to be touched.

Anyways, thought of you!

That's cool looking -- My original rock scape had more open back area -- it's really neat to see how life develops everywhere and get the different views from other angles.

Thank you. Once I get that red grape positioned in the proper place it will be much better.

How do you anchor your macros? I've got a ton to find homes for tonight. :happy:

The red grape doesn't attach to anything IME so I have it rubber banded to a piece of rock and to be honest it is suspended in the water column, an inch or so off the floor. Other macros will attach, the best way to do this is to glue them on grag plugs and place where you want them in the tank, exactly like corals. Or sandwich between the rock and a loose piece of rubble till they grab on.

Caulerpa usually has roots so those are best in the substrate.

Love the backside shots!................................of your tank ofcourse.

I don't know why more people don't leave some more room between the rocks and the back glass.

:lol:

A stray cat walked up to my front porch this morning while I was out watering the plants. So far, he/she is pretty friendly, but doesn't like their tummy to be touched.

Anyways, thought of you!

Aww, thanks Ballzee, nice to know stray cats make you think of me. :lol:

ScubaEthan

Whoa I didn't realize how TEENY TINY the clam is until I saw it next to those zoas! Great new stuff. I'm jelly of your blastowelsi. Nice birdsnest! The yuma is gorgeos. I want a video of the pipe organ. And I'm glad you finally got some yellow fiji leather! Is the red grape stuff new? It looks large... like you probably should frag it and bring me some before it gets out of control.

Edited by ScubaEthan

Moved the red grape over to the other side, look how bright this back wall is :)

IMG_20120524_163837.jpg

And the side with the red grape is perfect because it only has GSP to grow which is getting some light

IMG_20120524_163918.jpg

I really like that red marco, I wonder how it would do (look) in my tank...

:) I'm fresh out of my tall stems, I gave basically everything but this clump to Zeph. I have shorter stems, not many though if you're interested.

So not sure if I did this right but I installed the BRS auto shut off kit. If it's done wrong basically it doesn't work right? Should be easy to test.

IMG_20120524_090707.jpg

:) I'm fresh out of my tall stems, I gave basically everything but this clump to Zeph. I have shorter stems, not many though if you're interested.

So not sure if I did this right but I installed the BRS auto shut off kit. If it's done wrong basically it doesn't work right? Should be easy to test.

Thanks, I was more or less thinking out loud, im not sure it would fit in well in my setup, but looks great in yours!

IMG_20120524_090707.jpg

Turn the water on, and see if the float valve (lift it up) shuts everything off. If so, you did it right.

Thanks, still have to break out the dremel to install the float valve. :happy:

Just connect the float valve to the end of the line temporarily and hold it in your hands over a bucket for testing.

MeanGreenEyes

Kat,

When you trim your macro's, especially the red grape...I'm interested in purchasing some from you...

Please text me when you have some to spare...

Thanks... :)

Just connect the float valve to the end of the line temporarily and hold it in your hands over a bucket for testing.

Okay will do

Kat,

When you trim your macro's, especially the red grape...I'm interested in purchasing some from you...

Please text me when you have some to spare...

Thanks... :)

Sure thing! Thanks.