Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Move your water making operation to the bathroom... Output reaches to the tub... Fill containers go in tub.

It's free...

Your welcome kittykat :wizard:

THAT IS GENIUS. Except it is already in the bathroom, but there is only the sink in here, used to be a half bath but I had them remove the toilet to make it a critter bathroom.

You'll have to find a way to rig the float valve so you could remove it, but you still have to keep the valve closed or water will start to leak again.

This is pricey but it's the end all solution. http://spectrapure.com/St_alc_p1.htm Just unplug the adapter, no electricity, no flow. It does make a slight buzzing noise though while the solenoid is on and open. You dont even need to install the float valve, the part that suctions to the side of the bucket will pressurize when the water rises up and cut off the flow. Just make sure the suction cups dont come off.

You'll have to find a way to rig the float valve so you could remove it, but you still have to keep the valve closed or water will start to leak again.

This is pricey but it's the end all solution. http://spectrapure.com/St_alc_p1.htm Just unplug the adapter, no electricity, no flow. It does make a slight buzzing noise though while the solenoid is on and open. You dont even need to install the float valve, the part that suctions to the side of the bucket will pressurize when the water rises up and cut off the flow. Just make sure the suction cups dont come off.

I'm okay with not having the option to remove the float valve. I just need to know how to install it. The instructional video did not say.

Also wasn't there a group buy for BRS going on somewhere?

Dingbat

IMG_4544.JPG

Florida Ric, newly released from frag prison, still has an attitude problem

IMG_4547.JPG

Super bright Lawnman mushie

IMG_4549.JPG

Dream doo hickee from Live Aquaria :eek:

IMG_4550.JPG

How green grows my GSP. Hopefully it will cover that rock, this is at the back of the tank

IMG_4551.JPG

Mr. Coral milli

IMG_4552.JPG

Spot the spotted

IMG_4557.JPG

Bunny the clam hiding from the evil clamnapper

IMG_4558.JPG

Whodathot I has goniopora :closedeyes:

IMG_4559.JPG

MKat heels Zoanthids

IMG_4560.JPG

Polyps :wub:

IMG_4561.JPG

Jason Fox Evil Eye Acan Echinata

IMG_4563.JPG

Happy ORA green bird

IMG_4562.JPG

Edited by metrokat
surgicalsense

Corals look very nice and happy ...

and I am happy to report, I found my crab :lol: (reads funny) the bf spotted it last night.

and I am happy to report, I found my crab :lol: (reads funny) the bf spotted it last night.

a man that finds your crab and stays with you till the morning is a man worth keeping. :lol:

Everything looks really great !!

wait...what clam???

MUUAHahahahah

I showed you my goniopora and scratched your itch, leave my clam alone.

:haha:

surgicalsense
a man that finds your crab and stays with you till the morning is a man worth keeping. :lol:

After 11 yrs I hope so :lol:

Awesome tank, I just saw how it changed since you set it up like 3 pages ago and it looks so nice now!

Thank you!! Work in progress.

Those red shrooms are gorgeous! omgomgomg

Aren't they! I hope they retain that color.

I haz the same goniopora. :wub:

I have mine in high light and low flow. And saw polyps for the first time since Easter probably due to the phosphates.

jedimasterben
I have mine in high light and low flow. And saw polyps for the first time since Easter probably due to the phosphates.

Mine is only open sometimes. Doesn't seem to like the MP10 on 100%, but 50% or lower it seems to open more often. It really loved when I had those CFLs over my tank lol.

Really great pictures! :) I agree, it seems like macros are the key to success. Mental note: Get macros in 20L.

My (little) experience has been that water changes are the best, but I see you have done well Kat with your MAX. I have some cheato in the back of my tank, it grows, but not very fast. Of course i had a little canister filter on mine, which I removed two weeks ago for cleaning, seems that the tank is the same with or without the canister filter. Now I just have water movement, and the tank seems fine. I am wondering what will happen over the long term. Don't know if I will put the filter back on anytime soon. I will have to see

Great looking corals, love your SPS KAT. How is the tank sitter? ;)

My (little) experience has been that water changes are the best, but I see you have done well Kat with your MAX. I have some cheato in the back of my tank, it grows, but not very fast. Of course i had a little canister filter on mine, which I removed two weeks ago for cleaning, seems that the tank is the same with or without the canister filter. Now I just have water movement, and the tank seems fine. I am wondering what will happen over the long term. Don't know if I will put the filter back on anytime soon. I will have to see

Great looking corals, love your SPS KAT. How is the tank sitter? ;)

Heyyyy Friar, thanks for the comment.

I have been much better with WCs since my discovery of phosphates.

I've had the same clump of chaeto for 6+ months, never grew, never died. It is that very dense ball variety.

Now I'm trying to sell the clump, some macro experts are telling me I need some minimal nitrate for my macros to thrive.

SPS looks amazing but I've also been religiously looking for LPS, they seem to be my new love and seem to be corals that are more forgiving. TS is good, thank you for asking. He's made a fishy request. :huh: He wants a 6 line. :o

Frag swap tomorrow! omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

Going to see:

KGoldy

PBJelly

ZephNYC

MeanGreenEyes

Pink Damsel

Dr Mac

Jason Fox

:lol:

oooh, I am jealous!!

Love the spotted spots. Beautiful pictures!

jedimasterben
...I need some minimal nitrate for my corals to thrive...

ftfy :flower:

btw, acans and favia FTW. Saw a 1.5" favia frag that had at least 3" sweepers and it was pissed the heck off at everything around it and was trying to sting it!

Going to see:

KGoldy

PBJelly

ZephNYC

MeanGreenEyes

Pink Damsel

Dr Mac

Jason Fox

Sweet!! Have fun. Im going down to Age of Aquarium in Long Beach tomorrow, for a SCRK meeting/frag swap/bbq/excuse to drink!!

You guys living in the city, frag swaps, large LFS, sheesh. Here in the sticks I can't even find a fellow reefer!

Oh well,

No traffic! :D

Wait... Was I the one who convinced you to get this tank? I remember talking to you about it and you said you got the tank... I think that was you. :huh:

Tank looks great nevertheless. Didn't think it had been that long... :o

MeanGreenEyes

Going to see:

KGoldy

PBJelly

ZephNYC

MeanGreenEyes

Pink Damsel

Dr Mac

Jason Fox