Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

jedimasterben
Ha Ha, no worries. I'm not into feet either, just shoes.

What did I get?! okay!

1. Pink Birdsnest mini colony
  2. Green Pocillopora mini colony
  3. Tubbs Yellow flesh purple polyp bird
  4. Pink pocillopora mini colony
  5. Bird Of Paradise
  6. Ponape
  7. Kings Ransom Zoanthids
  8. Orange Papaya Cloves
  9. Green Jeans Acan Echinata
  10. Gold Coin Leptastrea
  11. Sympodium
  12. Minty Pipe Organ
  13. Yuma
  14. Yellow Fiji leather

I think that covers it.

What all are you sending me? ;)

I had that same pocillapora in frag size, but I mine bleached out and died :( My fault, I was not attentive enough at the time. It's so beautiful!

We need pics of all your bounty :D

It is gorgeous, I now have 3 varieties of pocillopora. I'm going to let the new animals get used to my tank chemistry and lighting for at least a week before gluing them down. I'll try to get pictures of the colonies today,.

I got gonipora in Vegas once, I guess not everything stays in Vegas.

Hey! Nice bunch of corals you picked up!!!

Do you still need an RSM hood??

You are too funny.

Yes! Are you done with it?

Wow! :o That's great!

Would you believe me if I told you that I have probably 1/4th the corals I bought 6 months ago at my first swap and when I had a FOURTEEN gallon tank? You see why the upgrade happened now? lol.

What all are you sending me? ;)

What would you like?

Is it wrong to tear up when you see polyp extension? :huh:

IMG_4566.JPG

Just want everyone to know that this frag was $50 when KG inquired about it, and was $20 for the Kat. I need some ####ing nail polish or something...

Edited by kgoldy
MeanGreenEyes
I'm so sorry to have missed you. When I checked in, I saw your name hadn't yet been checked in, we'll see you at brunch soon.

Definitely...I just took forever to get motivated to get out of the house...I was exhausted...

Just want everyone to know that this frag was $50 when KG inquired about it, and was $20 for the Kat. I need some ####ing nail polish or something...

This is f'n priceless! What can I say? For women in this hobby...the benefits are endless...lmao I'm sure Kat didn't even have to bat an eye or chip a nail. What color polish would you like with that whine? lol Sorry...couldn't resist!

As requested!

Fluffy like a pillow! This is my brand new pink bird colony

IMG_4570.JPG

Pipe Organ coral

IMG_4571.JPG

Bird of Paradise (fell off the plug)

IMG_4574.JPG

Pocilliopora colony, gift from Zeph!

IMG_4577.JPG

Yuma (was supposed to be ruby red but I'm not complaining)

IMG_4578.JPG

Yellow Fiji leather (have been wanting one of these for about a year, needs to shed its skin tho)

IMG_4579.JPG

Ze frag rack. Angled-Top down shot of Kings Ransom Zoanthids

IMG_4586.JPG

Green Jeans Acan Echinata on the end there, you can see the orange papaya cloves too

IMG_4587.JPG

Angled-Top down of the Tubbs yellow flesh purple polyp bird (so far it's in disguise) and the pipe organ coral (the rest of the frags are old and yes I have like 5 poker star frags on there, I fragged my colony)

IMG_4594.JPG

Other pics:

Blasto Wellsi went from a fluffy mound to this after adding a phos reactor. How cute is Geowge.

IMG_4602.JPG

Happy ORA Bird

IMG_4604.JPG

I think I can un-hide Bunny the clam since the clam napper has two gold maximas of his own now

IMG_4600.JPG

Edited by metrokat
Spirofucci

Nail polish? No way. It's what those 4" pumps do for your calves.

It wasn't for sale!! Oh that makes it worse doesn't it? :huh:

This is f'n priceless! What can I say? For women in this hobby...the benefits are endless...lmao I'm sure Kat didn't even have to bat an eye or chip a nail. What color polish would you like with that whine? lol Sorry...couldn't resist!

It's the shoes I swear!! Dr. Mac was too funny. The shoes conversation went on for a bit with him. lol.

Good one.... Hahah.

omgomgomg That's it! I'm adopting you as my reef sales proxy from now on.

If I get home during the daytime sometime this week, you'll get your first mission. I'm snapping some pics and you're selling my damn frags. ;)

sweet little baby jesus.

:lol:

If I get home during the daytime sometime this week, you'll get your first mission. I'm snapping some pics and you're selling my damn frags. ;)

:salutes:

:stands at attention awaiting orders:

Seriously. I made a sign for 50 cent per polyp frags and $5 bags of my crazy ass chaeto, still couldn't get rid of everything. Bah. Well, I suppose it's for the best now that I'll have my loyal friend in heels/wedges acting on my behalf with her magical sales skills. :wizard: <-- Always wanted to use that emoticon.

jedimasterben

I'm gonna keep Kat in my pocket next time I go to a frag show.

"That frag? $60."

*pulls out Kat*

"....... $20."

Edited by jedimasterben
MeanGreenEyes

It's the shoes I swear!! Dr. Mac was too funny. The shoes conversation went on for a bit with him. lol.

Lmao...I can only imagine...

Good one.... Hahah.

I'm sorry...I'm a bit of a jokester...lol

And unfortunately I didn't get to meet up with Kat b/c I was exhausted and procrastinating on getting out of the house...only arrived minutes before the raffle began.

Kat you should request a commission on this...you should get 2 frags for every 1 sold...and aiptasia, kenya tree, xenia and other pests may not be used as a form of payment...lmao...

Oh and Kat...it looks as though you walked away with some nice goodies from the swap!

Edited by MeanGreenEyes
And unfortunately I didn't get to meet up with Kat b/c I was exhausted and procrastinating on getting out of the house...only arrived minutes before the raffle began.

Kat you should request a commission on this...you should get 2 frags for every 1 sold...and aiptasia, kenya tree, xenia and other pests may not be used as a form of payment...lmao...

That reminds me... Kat, I'm learning to embrace the xenia, I suppose it's bottom sump worthy. I'm amazed how many people actually like the crap. I had some dude drive from Bklyn to get some last week... who I then pressured into buying other frags... Muwahaha.

Crazy Mooch!

I bought several new products at the frag swap yesterday. One was coral smoothie by Algagen. It has a terrible picture of florida riccordeas with lipstick mouths and tongue hanging out on it, gave me the creeps. Says "feed the frenzy".

I squirted a little bit in the water column and Mooch the cleaner shrimp practically jumped out of the tank to eat the stuff. All the fish were animated. I swear Bunny the clam almost hopped up to catch some! Wow. Very animated feeding response. All zoas and SPS seemed to like it too. The particles were very visible, in many cases quite chunky so the applicator tip is not working well. But if you're in the market for a new food, I recommend this one.

Coral Smoothie contains:

9 species of microalgae

Artemia nauplii

Copepods

Rotifers

Clam larvae

Oyster larvae

Oyster eggs and tissue

Hydrolyzed vegetable protein

Fish eggs

Decapsulated artemia cysts

Copepod eggs

Mussel and Squid

jedimasterben
Crazy Mooch!

I bought several new products at the frag swap yesterday. One was coral smoothie by Algagen. It has a terrible picture of florida riccordeas with lipstick mouths and tongue hanging out on it, gave me the creeps. Says "feed the frenzy".

I squirted a little bit in the water column and Mooch the cleaner shrimp practically jumped out of the tank to eat the stuff. All the fish were animated. I swear Bunny the clam almost hopped up to catch some! Wow. Very animated feeding response. All zoas and SPS seemed to like it too. The particles were very visible, in many cases quite chunky so the applicator tip is not working well. But if you're in the market for a new food, I recommend this one.

Coral Smoothie contains:

9 species of microalgae

Artemia nauplii

Copepods

Rotifers

Clam larvae

Oyster larvae

Oyster eggs and tissue

Hydrolyzed vegetable protein

Fish eggs

Decapsulated artemia cysts

Copepod eggs

Mussel and Squid

One of my LFS stocks that. I had seen it before, but never noticed exactly what the picture on the front was until Friday lol.