inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

hoodless is the way to go!

I like the T5s you've got going. Though, I think I actually prefer the daylight shots from a few days ago with the sun streaming in to your tank. Breath-taking, imo.

I've been tinkering again devil.gif- trying to work out a way to have a homebrew/reef tank room...

• Like 2
Deleted User 3

Okay, phone camera wont work, but they're about copepod size, maybe a bit bigger, and look like 'beetles' and are cream colored with brown spots. Heres a pic with my actual camera, it sucks at macro so this is the best pic I could get.. shows the shape atleast.

943687_501278486588380_1103849583_n.jpg

Deleted User 3

Not fast, but not really snail slow either. They seem like some sort of snail but its so hard to tell.

I don't have any mommy snails that look like these guys or I thought maybe they were babies.

Nano sapiens

Well, these guys like to fight! I hope they won't find each other in the tank.

Cool, Acro crabs. Hope they do well!

• Like 1
Deleted User 3

They crawl with legs. I got some pics w/ my phone finally, uploading and will put them here (unless it decided the SD card isn't in again like it does all day long)

282238_501281673254728_773720537_n.jpg

Try dropping the exposure compensation (brightness) on the camera another stop (i.e. -1 to -2, or the large tick marks) and see if you get a more workable image to start with. They're looking good, other than the blown out highlights. Did you try just dropping highlights in picasa? I used lightroom to just drop the highlights and it looks like this. (Would probably adjust color temp if I were to go farther as dropping the highlights skewed it a little)

Tx6E6dN.jpg

• Like 1

What are these good LFSes!? I just booked my trip back to central Florida for my sister's wedding in June, I need to hit some up!

Try Top Shelf Aquatics.

They have everything in a general sense. A ton of strange stuff like nudibranchs and crabs too.

Good morning, how is errbady?

Gnocchi the Bangaii cardinalfish has been acting very strange. Usually she is right in the front water column of the tank, all day every day. But it has been a week that she is hiding in the shadows. Under the overhang, under the leather coral, just not in her usual area and I've had her for a very long time.

The only thing different about her is that a week ago she was very full and I suspected eggs. I did not get a chance to find out if Bangaiis can have eggs without a mate present, when I got her she was super small so I think (without knowing for sure) that she was far too young and in a community tank to have had the opportunity to let hormones kick in. So after a few days of her being very plump and full, I saw her with her belly flat again and the dark gravid spot looking like it does on guppies after birth: a thin looking skin area, dark, looks terrible. She has been eating the whole time though.

So I was wondering if anyone knows what might be up with Gnocci? Without knowing anything, my best guess would be that she ejected the eggs and is in recovery mode after childbirth. :mellow: But it would be great to know for sure. She has no abrasions, or ich, nothing to indicate she was attacked or is sick except for her suddenly being in the shadows.

• Like 1

Gnocci....LOL. I forgot about him. Love the name.

Morning Kat! Hope Gnocci is ok.

The King Midas zoas are my new fav! :)

The ones I got from Kat are growing like crazy.

• Like 2

Kat, it could be that she laid the eggs and was done. Marine eggs can be photosensitive so the shadows make sense, however the males brood the eggs for Banggais so she may just be recovering. It is interesting that she hasn't laid eggs before - they can do so starting around 10 months and can spawn a few times a year. I hope she gets better soon.

• Like 1

Left is a Lobo and right is a Caribbean Rose right Kat? Overexposure aside everything looks good ;)

It's actually an echinata on the left. I probably should move it, when it grows it's going to have a nasty fight with the Rose.

Morning Kat! Hope Gnocci is ok.

The King Midas zoas are my new fav! :)

They add that all important pop of yellow to any tank. :)

Gnocci....LOL. I forgot about him. Love the name.

The ones I got from Kat are growing like crazy.

Looking for an Alfredo....

• Like 3
Deleted User 3

I ate Chicken Gnocchi soup once, at Olive Garden, it had spinach in it, it was terrible. I hope Gnocci is okay ! Also, still don't know what the bugs are :S I swished around other rocks in a w/c bucket, but i didn't see much of them, is odd.

• Like 1

Try dropping the exposure compensation (brightness) on the camera another stop (i.e. -1 to -2, or the large tick marks) and see if you get a more workable image to start with. They're looking good, other than the blown out highlights. Did you try just dropping highlights in picasa? I used lightroom to just drop the highlights and it looks like this. (Would probably adjust color temp if I were to go farther as dropping the highlights skewed it a little)

Do you mean the purple hue? The color in the tank is actually quite purple ATM on account of the new T5s.

Looking for an Alfredo....

Or a Pesto..

I ate Chicken Gnocchi soup once, at Olive Garden, it had spinach in it, it was terrible. I hope Gnocci is okay ! Also, still don't know what the bugs are :S I swished around other rocks in a w/c bucket, but i didn't see much of them, is odd.

Everything at Olive Garden is terrible!!!!!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Power-wise, the 20" would be fine - but coverage-wise, it would take the 27". If the LEDs were not in pucks like they are, it would be better. You could also use the 20 if you don't mind it being partially lit and dim on the edges.

• Like 1

Power-wise, the 20" would be fine - but coverage-wise, it would take the 27". If the LEDs were not in pucks like they are, it would be better. You could also use the 20 if you don't mind it being partially lit and dim on the edges.

Hmmm... Damn. I was hoping to NOT have to spend $500 on the light alone... Well, that throws a kink into the plans. I'm going to start a new build thread soon - with my actual plans and figures and such. I'm also going to be throwing around prices and stuff so I have it all in one place.

• Like 2