Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Deleted User 3

I did already. They're now T5s. Jedi and I are working on a secret project. Well mostly Jedi. Me I just pay him with cat hair.

Well i knew the t5's. Hmm.. secret project.... cat hair, yuck. It's like dog hair, I can never get it off me lol

Big deal......you're a frigg'n Doctor, you'll be rich soon and probably not even speak to us anymore.......

I wish. And I'll always be around here :)

PhDs are the wrong kind of doctor to make money :D

This. A million times, this.

Is it made of gold?

:furious: His name is NOT Mumford!

No. 20L with a 40B sump/mantis & macro fuge. 27" razor and a single MP10 W. This stuff is stupid expensive. The light and MP10W made up over half the price :( I've estimated the prices on my equipment list:

20L, 40B with Petco $1/gallon sale - 60

100W heater - ~50

MP10 W - ~$300

27" R420R - ~$500

Glass-holes overflow - 65

Tunze 9002 - 130

return pump - ~50

Fuge/mantis light with clamp- ~100 (probably a par38)

plumbing/baffles/filter sock/etc - ~50

ATO/reservoir - ~100

With shipping and all it'll be over 1450 bucks. I'm thinking of doing a different light, though the DIY route is only about 50 bucks cheaper given I'd have to buy tools, plus it would look like a bum did it. I really want a 10k look. I may switch to the tunze nano instead of the mp10. Save me a bit of money, though the MP10s look so good and they seem to be amazing. I may have to go back to the AIO route :(

I hope tibbs didn't get student loans:)

Nope! One great thing about graduate programs in science is that they pay you and your tuition. I don't make much money at all, but it pays the bills.

• Like 1
Arkayology

This. A million times, this.

I still do not know why I am in grad school lol. I guess I just like archaeology...

Nope! One great thing about graduate programs in science is that they pay you and your tuition. I don't make much money at all, but it pays the bills.

I fight for a couple TA positions each year so I can scrape by... Even that doesn't pay the bills, as living in Santa Barbara costs about 1100-1400 for a 1 bedroom apt. I need loans to live.

• Like 2

I still do not know why I am in grad school lol. I guess I just like archaeology...

I fight for a couple TA positions each year so I can scrape by... Even that doesn't pay the bills, as living in Santa Barbara costs about 1100-1400 for a 1 bedroom apt. I need loans to live.

Yeah - cost of living can be a HUGE problem. I had to TA a bit, too.

Deleted User 3

Um... I feel lame. I'm getting an AAS in business management this summer... I walk the stage next month :S lol. You people and your fancy degrees! I hate school, or there's a lot of things I was considering to be; Vet, Equine Vet, Pediatric oncologist... When i was like 10-15 I was going to be a Marine Biologist... fancy that.. lol

Oh yeah, marine biologist is one of those jobs all kids want. I was marine biology - vet - med - then I settled on research. Too hard to get a job in marine biology now, and most aren't studying dolphins and sharks like everyone thinks.

• Like 4
Deleted User 3

Yeah, Im the only one I know of everyone here in my life anyway who wanted to be one, ha ha. I wanted to work at sea world. I just love animals, animals and making/fixing/building stuff..

1reefluvr2

well it's like that here to specially living just 2:30 hrs away from you with less of the city crap life

Okay. So If I were to keep the T5s and add an LED panel, should I go Blue/white or full spectrum?

I don't see any reason anymore to NOT go full spectrum. If you can afford it, it'll be best for coral growth, imo.

Okay. So If I were to keep the T5s and add an LED panel, should I go Blue/white or full spectrum?

I think full spectrum would be best. Why not? Its definitely going to give you the best coral growth and color so I'd say go for that.

• Like 1

MP10 W - ~$300

Why are you getting a wireless? There is nothing I can see in the build that it can talk to. You only need an MP10ES and you can pick one of those up new for $230 or so new and $170 or so used. I just sold one for $180 in perfect condition.

Oh yeah, marine biologist is one of those jobs all kids want. I was marine biology - vet - med - then I settled on research. Too hard to get a job in marine biology now, and most aren't studying dolphins and sharks like everyone thinks.

I like to pretend 'Im a marine biologist. Like George does.

I don't have a clue.

Hey Batgirl, What do you think about Dragons Breath from Coral Pros ? I think its calling my name.

Probably depends on why you're adding LEDs. If you're not getting enough oomph from the T5s alone, you probably wanna go full spectrum or focus on a specific spectrum that you might be missing the most oomph in. Otherwise, I think a lot of people add LEDs to T5s just for aesthetic purposes, so it would depend on what you want your tank to look like.

Deleted User 3

I'm not sure I could think of a more depressing job, tbh.

Yes and no. My dad had cancer, my cousin (with my dads name as his middle) had cancer when he was a kid. I mean you win some cases and you lose some cases, but winning means a lot more than losing, and losing just makes you want to win more/harder.

Psychosis

Um... I feel lame. I'm getting an AAS in business management this summer... I walk the stage next month :S lol. You people and your fancy degrees! I hate school, or there's a lot of things I was considering to be; Vet, Equine Vet, Pediatric oncologist... When i was like 10-15 I was going to be a Marine Biologist... fancy that.. lol

When I was 8, I was convinced I'd be a Paleontologist by now. Have you ever tried to explain what a Paleontologist is to a room full of 3rd graders? Morons. "I'm gonna be an Astronaut!" Screw you, Billy. Trying to show me up at show and tell...

Any who, why are you adding an LED strip to a brand spankin' new T5 fixture?

• Like 5

Yes and no. My dad had cancer, my cousin (with my dads name as his middle) had cancer when he was a kid. I mean you win some cases and you lose some cases, but winning means a lot more than losing, and losing just makes you want to win more/harder.

Maybe. While I know it should be looked at that way, knowing me I'd only remember the ones I lost and not the ones I got through it.
Deleted User 3

Maybe. While I know it should be looked at that way, knowing me I'd only remember the ones I lost and not the ones I got through it.

Yeah, It would be hard. That and the schooling is why I didn't do it. Then I change my mind every 3 days... I applied for Berklee college of music in boston, and went nahh then I'll be sick of singing.. never found anything GOOD that I wanted to do, I've wanted to own a business for my entire teen/adult life, so here I am. lol Technically I do own a business, but I don't consider it that, it's more like a not very profitable right now hobby.

Any who, why are you adding an LED strip to a brand spankin' new T5 fixture?

I miss the shimmer and I have some room to spare with the light coverage. It is either install another dual T5 for a toal of 6 bulbs or gut one of the 3 light housings and install LED's for my ultimate dream fixture: T5 and LED combo. :wub:

Psychosis

I miss the simmer and I have some room to spare with the light coverage. It is either install another dual T5 for a toal of 6 bulbs or gut one of the 3 light housings and install LED's for my ultimate dream fixture: T5 and LED combo. :wub:

Pretend to be a man, retrofit a 400W halide in. 20K Radiums, awh yea.

• Like 1