SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Huge congrats man, I am still finishing up my undergrad. Hopefully one day Ill get there.

Oh, if I can do it, anyone can. Just stick with it!

YAY TIBBSY!!! :)

Congrats!

Thanks!

Martin that tank looks killer, man.

Also, Kat - Bella looks like she's wearing eyeshadow for a special mandyman

• Like 2

Also, Kat - Bella looks like she's wearing eyeshadow for a special mandyman

:lol: she bi-tch slapped him today. But I've seen them eating together so that is good. slow and steady, maybe he will get a chance ot ask her out on a date soon.

It can take a while. Mating rituals are always touch and go - especially in animals that don't "mate for life". They'll adjust. Maybe she's friend-zoning him?

Dammit Draco - stop being so nice. Don't be there for her all the time - give her some space and to make her realize how much she misses you when you aren't around. Go chill with the clowns for a bit, shake your tail at'em. Make her jealous!

• Like 3

It can take a while. Mating rituals are always touch and go - especially in animals that don't "mate for life". They'll adjust. Maybe she's friend-zoning him?

Dammit Draco - stop being so nice. Don't be there for her all the time - give her some space and to make her realize how much she misses you when you aren't around. Go chill with the clowns for a bit, shake your tail at'em. Make her jealous!

He's been charging at her actually, it is only since yesterday that she's giving him some lip back. :lol:

Sorry to hear about the Dingbat. It was your advice that led me to add that particular kind following the passing of my zebra porcelain. Absolutely awesome little crab... to active to stop and pose for an avatar pic, hence the edwardsii ;) .

• Like 1

Sorry to hear about the Dingbat. It was your advice that led me to add that particular kind following the passing of my zebra porcelain. Absolutely awesome little crab... to active to stop and pose for an avatar pic, hence the edwardsii ;) .

Yeah :( I'm hoping to get a red and same gray one again. Not sure just yet.

:) I wanted a few but last time I bought some acros with crabs hosting them my hawkfish made a meal of them

eeeks. i had 2 commensal crabs, one I lost to an iodine dip when I was fragging, the other went in a mini colony I sold. I was very upset.

Is an Edge Fluval to small for a ORA target mandi? I didn't see it eat any food when the store owner offered it some so I didn't get him/her yet waiting to see it at least go for food before I purchase. I do have a trillions of pods in tank tho.

My edge is drilled with sump have 6 different types of macros, sand bed, sponges & nookie hotel for the pods. I know about keeping mandis I used to have a pair in my 150 for about 3 years just never in a nano . I been reading all morning on training mandis to eat just don't want to make a mistake on getting a mandi and letting her starve to death.

I kept my mandy in a 14G but she eats frozen.
lucky you

My edge is drilled with sump have 6 different types of macros, sand bed, sponges & nookie hotel for the pods. I know about keeping mandis I used to have a pair in my 150 for about 3 years just never in a nano . I been reading all morning on training mandis to eat just don't want to make a mistake on getting a mandi and letting her starve to death.

lucky you

I don;t know what to tell you. They are BIG fish. You may get them 1 inch or less but they are thick like a breakfast sausage link and very active. It's like keeping a tang in a 30 gallon. I might have to appoint myself Mandy Police.

They will grow to 3.5 to 4 inches. And it's not a 4 inche skinny pipefish.

• Like 3

I don;t know what to tell you. They are BIG fish. You may get them 1 inch or less but they are thick like a breakfast sausage link and very active. It's like keeping a tang in a 30 gallon. I might have to appoint myself Mandy Police.

They will grow to 3.5 to 4 inches. And it's not a 4 inche skinny pipefish.

I'm a proponent of pushing the envelope, and doing things in smaller tanks than people say is possible. However, I have to agree with metro on this one, a 5 gallon edge is just too small, even if it's sumped to a 100G. You can feed them frozen, but they won't have any room when they're full grown or even half grown. My 20L could probably fit one, but I'm apprehensive about that, a 5G... that's just crazy talk. They're beautiful fish, but they don't belong in a 5.
  • Like 3

Err okay. I headed over to LiveAquaria and instead of ordering another dingbat I ordered 3 Trapezias from Divers Den. :blink:

C'mon Kat you couldn't possibly want another after

:lol:

Acro crabs are better anyway.

C'mon Kat you couldn't possibly want another after

:lol:

Acro crabs are better anyway.

lol @ that video. He didn't kill the shrimp, he just ate her after she died. Acro crabs can be plain looking or very pretty, I bought the ones they had on Dovers Den and they all looked like a brownish color, none of the spotted pink ones. That is fine, My SPS needs them.

Kfmmartin19
lol @ that video. He didn't kill the shrimp, he just ate her after she died. Acro crabs can be plain looking or very pretty, I bought the ones they had on Dovers Den and they all looked like a brownish color, none of the spotted pink ones. That is fine, My SPS needs them.
why r they good for the sps? Or are they not and u just want them cuz they're cool?