Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

So, the Tank Sitter is looking for a couple of used lenses. Anybody have any links to prices?

Canon 70-200/4 L IS USM

Canon 85/1.8 USM AF

Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 "IS" EF-S

Thanks

I've had good luck on ebay. You might want to start there...... 70-200/4 L IS USM :eek:

So, the Tank Sitter is looking for a couple of used lenses. Anybody have any links to prices?

Canon 70-200/4 L IS USM

Canon 85/1.8 USM AF

Canon 18-55/3.5-5.6 "IS" EF-S

Thanks

So I've added links to your quote above to a price watch website for new products. There is not a large drop in value for the 2 two lenses getting them used. The third lens, should be fairly cheap to pick up used as it is a "kit lens", a lens that is often included with a camera at a significant discount. That one should be much cheaper used than new.

As far as reviews of those lens (which are three very different lens, used for very different things, of very different levels of quality!) I'd suggest this website:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-70-200mm-f-4.0-L-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-85mm-f-1.8-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-S-18-55mm-f-3.5-5.6-IS-II-Lens-Review.aspx

Also, you said the EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS, however, I think what you want is the EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS II, which is the second version of the lens. There is also a new version just out the EF-S 18-55mm F/3.5-5.6 IS STM which has better image quality and better auto focus.

• Like 1

Also at the fish store, they were serving some very sexy koolaid.

20130421_162843.jpg

And this little guy was the size of a nickle, or maybe a quarter including his feet.

20130421_163122.jpg

I know where you are lol

• Like 1

I am new here, and have to say the tank looks great.

1. I have never met anyone who just happens to have frags in their purse.

2. What type of work do you do that allows you to travel to these fabulous places? I'm jealous and intrigued at the same time.

• Like 1

I am new here, and have to say the tank looks great.

1. I have never met anyone who just happens to have frags in their purse.

2. What type of work do you do that allows you to travel to these fabulous places? I'm jealous and intrigued at the same time.

:lol: I totally had frags in my purse. I was cracking myself up actually, I was a little worried but they weren't SPS so the bags were hopefully not going to leak on me. My first trip to Paris was when I was 8, go every few years mostly to shop. :lol: Not kidding, I'm in the fashion industry so keeping abreast of trends takes me to Europe.

• Like 6

i know a girl in the "fashion industry"... she has the most busted, gnarled, feet of anyone I have ever known (that lives in the first world) because of her constant wearing of heels.

Tell me your feet don't look like that. Like a couple of old potatoes that someone forgot about in the cupboard, and now they are all chalky and covered in strange protrusions

• Like 1

Looks like a lovely, well groomed foot to me. -_-

There is a little fishie-looking thing on the ground in the pic. What is that little thing?

• Like 2

:lol: I totally had frags in my purse. I was cracking myself up actually, I was a little worried but they weren't SPS so the bags were hopefully not going to leak on me. My first trip to Paris was when I was 8, go every few years mostly to shop. :lol: Not kidding, I'm in the fashion industry so keeping abreast of trends takes me to Europe.

Pack me in your luggage!! I totally want to go to Paris. :blush:

We SO need to go to Laduree together. Now.

I don't care for macaroons in general. But these French ones are ah-mazing. And they call them macarons.

I personally LOVE my coconut macaroons. *swoons* I should make some.

Haven't ever had the little sandwich ones though.

Looks like a lovely, well groomed foot to me. -_-

There is a little fishie-looking thing on the ground in the pic. What is that little thing?

Thanks, I noticed that juat now too, not sure. Looks like a fish, we were in a fish store. Must be a fish. :lol:

• Like 1
Those are very low heels.
Excellent observation Watson.

JESUS H CHRIST !!!??? what beastly hilly billy backwoods moonshine redneck does that foot on the left belong too?
Err, that would be Zeph.

You need to look at the video I posted of the clam dancing.

Pack me in your luggage!! I totally want to go to Paris. :blush: I personally LOVE my coconut macaroons. *swoons* I should make some. Haven't ever had the little sandwich ones though.
If we can't go to Paris, ill have to being Paris to you mademoiselle.
  • Like 2
Deleted User 3

Look comfy to me.

I didn't say they weren't, lol just didn't imagine Zeph wearing those. I see them alot on older men, and teens (they're IN i guess).

Excellent observation Watson.

Err, that would be Zeph.

You need to look at the video I posted of the clam dancing.

If we can't go to Paris, ill have to being Paris to you mademoiselle.

Oh la la! Sounds fun! *daydreams*

• Like 1

Hey Kat, did I answer your lens questions enough or did you have more?

Thank you Veng, it seems my blond roots are showing. I shared the info you gave to the tank sitter and he made a face like :huh:

He is looking to SELL those lenses of his, not to buy. He was wondering what a fair price would be so he can eBay them. B&H low balled him a lot he said. I didn't hear him correctly. Sorry for the trouble.

• Like 2

Thank you Veng, it seems my blond roots are showing. I shared the info you gave to the tank sitter and he made a face like :huh:

He is looking to SELL those lenses of his, not to buy. He was wondering what a fair price would be so he can eBay them. B&H low balled him a lot he said. I didn't hear him correctly. Sorry for the trouble.

Ohhhhh I didn't understand the question.

70-200 looks to be about 850-950

85 F/1.8 300$

18-55mm 60-75$? Depends on if version I or II.

I didn't say they weren't, lol just didn't imagine Zeph wearing those. I see them alot on older men, and teens (they're IN i guess).

I am old.

• Like 1