Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

:rolleyes:

I've been having clam related nightmares, and just when I needed reassurances, Zeph the clam napper has gone off the grid. He is AWOL! :rant:

I barely slept last night. I shipped a package to Benny and it needed to be changed to "hold for pickup" which wasn't an option they allowed at the time of shipping. Anyway, long story short, I was waking up ever 30-45 minutes after 4am to track the package so that I can intercept it. The wealth of wrong information that carriers give out is staggering.

Other than that I worked on the tank today, taking pictures, etc. Just getting it ready for the next big thing. :ninja:

IT's BIRTHDAY! omgomgomg

They have the most amazing personalities too. Cruising around like a submarine, cocking their head this way and that. Adorable. I hope one day I can get him a girlfriend. He eats frozen so I want to be able to find a mate that does too. I just threw in 2 bags of pods for him today. Nom Nom Nom.

Also do u have a stock list anywhere? I feel like I may have asked u that before...maybe not tho...

U probably have too many corals to list. I will be satisfied with just fish.

How do you test for your levels?

I want a Mandarin for my RSM!

which levels? I have a red sea pro kit for calc, alk, mag. Salifert for mag, phos, nitrate. TDS meter, hydrometer.

Mandarins are great, make sure its eating frozen when you buy one and the RSM should have that sump installed for a little while before adding the mandy or you can culture pods.

What's the little SPS frag next to the green spongeodes in the first pic? It's purdy.

Blue tenuis

Also do u have a stock list anywhere? I feel like I may have asked u that before...maybe not tho...

U probably have too many corals to list. I will be satisfied with just fish.

I have 9 fish

Clown pair

Neon goby pair

Midas blenny

Yasha goby

Wheelers shrimp goby

Mandarin

Bangaii Cardinal

Corals, i do have a list but names wouldnt be much good without pictures and i try to label my pictures with the coral names usually. Anything in particular you wantedto know?

Edited by metrokat
I personally like my clams mantles small and dainty

Witty or no?

FTFY ;)

And yes - witty enough to make me laugh! My um client contact today was *Not* small and dainty.. in fact she kinda released some nerve gas at lunch and all I could think about was getting a gas mask for next week. :eek:

which levels? I have a red sea pro kit for calc, alk, mag. Salifert for mag, phos, nitrate. TDS meter, hydrometer.

Mandarins are great, make sure its eating frozen when you buy one and the RSM should have that sump installed for a little while before adding the mandy or you can culture pods.

Blue tenuis

I have 9 fish

Clown pair

Neon goby pair

Midas blenny

Yasha goby

Wheelers shrimp goby

Mandarin

Bangaii Cardinal

Corals, i do have a list but names wouldnt be much good without pictures and i try to label my pictures with the coral names usually. Anything in particular you wantedto know?

Thanks Kat. Nah I'm good with just the fish. HOLY CRAP u have 9 fish?? Remember when u freaked out cuz I had 5?? Unbelievable.

:rolleyes:

I've been having clam related nightmares, and just when I needed reassurances, Zeph the clam napper has gone off the grid. He is AWOL! :rant:

I barely slept last night. I shipped a package to Benny and it needed to be changed to "hold for pickup" which wasn't an option they allowed at the time of shipping. Anyway, long story short, I was waking up ever 30-45 minutes after 4am to track the package so that I can intercept it. The wealth of wrong information that carriers give out is staggering.

Other than that I worked on the tank today, taking pictures, etc. Just getting it ready for the next big thing. :ninja:

IT's BIRTHDAY! omgomgomg

Ok...im back....so whats the big emergancy ?

:lol: I was making a joke about drinking the tank water!

Good morning!

Ruby the clownfish is being mean again. She grabbed Geowge the blenny by the scruff of his neck (the tail actually) and they were running around in circles till i broke them up. The last time she did this was many months ago and i had to put her on time out for a few weeks till she learnt to forget her agression towards him.

I think it might be a factor of her spawning behavior. As Zeph can corroborate, my clownfish are doing the dance, cleaning out the same spot on the rock they have been for months. When they get really into it, i think that is when Ruby starts getting extra mean towards Geowge. He lives right above the rock face the clownfish are cleaning. I believe this is what happened the last time too. And when i gave her a time out, she forgot she was getting it on with the male clownfish and the spawning dance took a back seat.

So now what do i do? If i put her in time out again, i will have peace for several months and she will forget that she is doung the jiggy with Max the male. But if i do nothing, her agression towards Geowge mightt get worse. I can't relocate him to another corner of the tank, he is too fast to catch, the net gets caught in the birdsnest and he has a hole in the rock he dives into.

Thanks Kat. Nah I'm good with just the fish. HOLY CRAP u have 9 fish?? Remember when u freaked out cuz I had 5?? Unbelievable.

I had 10 fish actually. Hurricane Sandy claimed one. The neon gobies have very little bio load, and the 2 shrimp gobies stay in their burrow or lounging on the porch all the time. That leaves the water column for just the clowns, mandarin, midas, bangaii. The sump allows added water volume so i am able to have this tank over stocked. I waited for the bio filter to mature before slowly adding fish. Actually i would like to get another fish, but i dont have a QT set up so that holds me back.

Ok...im back....so whats the big emergancy ?

:angry:

Why's your crab so dirty? Lol.

:lol: Time for a molt. They get diatoms and crud on them closer to when they are ready to molt.

When's the tank's birthday?

Christmas. :happydance: