ReefCleaners.org

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Your macro has outgrown my 125 ! So much I have started a dedicated Macro grow out 55, KGOLDY Style. I promise to never do water changes and measure parameters once every few years.

You might want to put a huge chunk of that macro in the sump to get your nitrates down. Caulerpa and chaeto are excellent for that

My little kitty cat turned 13 this Thanksgiving. I just remembered to call his health insurance company. Over the summer I had to take him to the vet in a panic, he was sitting in his litter box which is not normal behavior. And he howls whenever he does a poopoo. So it was a traumatic vet visit because he is terrified of stepping foot outside the apartment.

He was cleared of everything, but because the vet tested for a UTI, the claim form for my vet visit lists UTI as a condition. Now the insurance company I have for him does not use a previously treatable condition as a pre-existing condition (to deny future claims), such as a UTI, but since he did not have a UTI, I did not want that as a record on his account.

So the girl on the phone had a chuckle when I sad he was just bored that day.

Edited by metrokat
You might want to put a huge chunk of that macro in the sump to get your nitrates down. Caulerpa and chaeto are excellent for that

I really dont care for Macro in my reefs or reef sumps. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, but I have my reasons. Which I will keep to myself to avoid an argument. I might try some in my clam tank for the extra nutrients and gamets macro is constantly giving off. My dendronepthea is thriving (of course its only been a week) but im pretty sure the insanly heavy macro in there is feeding it 24/7( Thank you Sally Joe of GARF) , not to mention the 10X daily target feeds of the following:

marine snow,

live phyto,

kent microvert,

oyster feast oyster eggs

kent or brightwell phytochrome (love it)

frozen daphnia

live baby brine shrimp

freeze dried arctic pods

cryo preserved frozen phyto

No I dont sit by the tank 24/7..i have an 8 channel bubble magnus doser ont there.

Awesome.

is that green BN on the top left the one that you got from me?

Hi Newman! :wub:

Yes, that's your bird, it has been fragged a ton of times, it is very hardy and healthy. It is still not growing in a normal bird pattern, is flat on top, it sort of got genetically rewired in your tank to think it is a tabling acro :lol: but I am sure it will get a clue soon.

And the yellow mille on the right of the pink bird it's also from you.

Edited by metrokat
My little kitty cat turned 13 this Thanksgiving. I just remembered to call his health insurance company. Over the summer I had to take him to the vet in a panic, he was sitting in his litter box which is not normal behavior. And he howls whenever he does a poopoo. So it was a traumatic vet visit because he is terrified of stepping foot outside the apartment.

He was cleared of everything, but because the vet tested for a UTI, the claim form for my vet visit lists UTI as a condition. Now the insurance company I have for him does not use a previously treatable condition as a pre-existing condition (to deny future claims), such as a UTI, but since he did not have a UTI, I did not want that as a record on his account.

So the girl on the phone had a chuckle when I sad he was just bored that day.

Sounds like you have a constipated cat.. Haha.

On a serious note though it sounds like a diet related issue. What do you feed your kitty?

Edited by Xanthi
Sounds like you have a constipated cat.. Haha.

On a serious not though it sounds like a diet related issue. What do you feed your kitty?

He has hairballs, but hates the cat laxative they make so he gets metamucil every day now. A couple of months after the vet visit he was not feeling good, he did not go for 2+ days. It was either another emergency vet visit or the white glove treatment. He got the the white glove treatment and has been on metamucil since.

He used to get 1 cup of science diet indoor cat food daily and one small can of wet food for dinner. After the incident I switched him to one can each wet food for breakfast and dinner and he gets dry food as a snack intermittently. He still yells after every poop even though he is not constipated anymore. He also has no gland problems, the vet gave him a clean bill of health.

Edited by metrokat
Science Diet is crap. Switch to a better food.

tell that to my cat who will not eat anything other than fancy feast turkey giblets and this science diet dry food. He will eat every available junk food there is, but BLUE food? No. Organic food? No. But yeah he loves whole foods chicken nuggets, whipped cream, and five guys burgers. But cat food? No thanks, he won't touch the good stuff.

Edited by metrokat
jedimasterben
He has hairballs, but hates the cat laxative they make so he gets metamucil every day now. A couple of months after the vet visit he was not feeling good, he did not go for 2+ days. It was either another emergency vet visit or the white glove treatment. He got the the white glove treatment and has been on metamucil since.

He used to get 1 cup of science diet indoor cat food daily and one small can of wet food for dinner. After the incident I switched him to one can each wet food for breakfast and dinner and he gets dry food as a snack intermittently. He still yells after every poop even though he is not constipated anymore. He also has no gland problems, the vet gave him a clean bill of health.

Maybe he's sad after he poops. "That food was so good, I don't want it to leave me!!" :haha:

Your vile animal will eat this.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/products/cat

Besides, you are in charge. Give it what it needs. If it doesn't eat it, let it go hungry for a while. It'll come around when it gets hungry enough.

Okay Ray, I'll look for this and give it a shot. I can let him go hungry but even earplugs don't stop the meowing, and then he starts to throw things down from the tables . Like my phone and tablet. Then he bangs on the paintings and mirrors. :huh:

Edited by metrokat
Hi Newman! :wub:

Yes, that's your bird, it has been fragged a ton of times, it is very hardy and healthy. It is still not growing in a normal bird pattern, is flat on top, it sort of got genetically rewired in your tank to think it is a tabling acro :lol: but I am sure it will get a clue soon.

And the yellow mille on the right of the pink bird it's also from you.

Haha, that's pretty funny that it's still growing like that. Wow, that yellow millepora definitely grew a lot o_o All your SPS look very healthy.

Hope you solve your cat dilemmas.

Edited by .Newman.
Okay Ray, I'll look for this and give it a shot. I can let him go hungry but even earplugs don't stop the meowing, and then he starts to throw things down from the tables . Like my phone and tablet. Then he bangs on the paintings and mirrors. :huh:

Put a little shirt on him so he's glued to the floor. That way he won't damage anything.

tell that to my cat who will not eat anything other than fancy feast turkey giblets and this science diet dry food. He will eat every available junk food there is, but BLUE food? No. Organic food? No. But yeah he loves whole foods chicken nuggets, whipped cream, and five guys burgers. But cat food? No thanks, he won't touch the good stuff.

Five guys burgers. :wub: Now that is my kind of cat.

Sorry to butt into the cat conversation but i have a very picky cat who pukes pretty much on demand. She's always having bathroom issues and is so dangerous with the vet that i can no longer take her. Right now she's on raw food and loves it and when she gets a bit constipated or has hairballs i give her baby pumpkin/squash food to help her go and also some pedialite (both my cats love this stuff) to keep her hydrated and help soften things up a bit.

Sorry to butt into the cat conversation but i have a very picky cat who pukes pretty much on demand. She's always having bathroom issues and is so dangerous with the vet that i can no longer take her. Right now she's on raw food and loves it and when she gets a bit constipated or has hairballs i give her baby pumpkin/squash food to help her go and also some pedialite (both my cats love this stuff) to keep her hydrated and help soften things up a bit.

Thanks for the tip! I have pedialite, I'll try it on him.

The one on the left is the new nexus 10, the one on the right is an ipad, the smallest one is the nexus 7. The Nexus10 has some battery and device problems. But they all have some problems or the other. I absolutely HATE the auto correct on the iPad. The androids are a bit in-sensitive to touch web browsing. Todays websites while mobile friendly are still idiotically made in ultra minimalistic small font which makes it impossible to click many links till you enlarge the picture. And I don;t have potato fingers.

/rant

I think I am going to get the Samsung galaxy tab, Of all the ones I looked at I seemed to like that one the best

Also you should be able to turn OFF the autocorrect on the Ipad Kat, I know you can turn it off on the Iphone and that's basically just a small Ipad

That's a pretty ridiculous ric.

In other news, on what grounds did a Galaxy tab beat out a Nexus? Only thing I know of that is better on the Galaxy is the ability to take an SD card.

Edited by uglybuckling
That's a pretty ridiculous ric.

In other news, on what grounds did a Galaxy tab beat out a Nexus? Only thing I know of that is better on the Galaxy is the ability to take an SD card.

Yeah it took me 2 days to even see if there was anything on the plug. :huh:

Galaxy?Nexus?

As the person that bought the very first iPad 13 minutes after the store opened some years ago, I can tell you that the 100 million is a skewed# because the Nexus just came out.

I even seat belted the damn thing, I was so happy to have it.

25445_407570990700_576975700_5684955_3079362_n.jpg