Cultivated Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Kat: The clam is in newark! Yay. 8:13 AM

Zeph: Phew, you are safe. Lets hope they didn't forget the heat pack. 9:29 AM

Kat: Yeah its very cold. And if its leaking then I won't get it till tomorrow right.... it weight 5 pounds that is a LOT of water 9:38 AM

Zeph: It will be fine that almost never happens. More often with large bags from fed ex dropping the box. 9:43 AM

Kat: HOUSTON WE HAVE CLAM! 10:26 AM

Zeph: Lol. 10:26 AM

Kat: what! it's here. they have it in like 10 bags, how it is ever going to temp acclimate in 10 bags? 10:27 AM

Zeph: Float it ... Remove some water from the bag and add a little of yours. 10:29 AM

Zeph: Acclimate it for at least an hour. 10:29 AM

Kat: its floating, i have a drippy acclimation thing all set up but it might get cold in there 10:30 AM

Kat: shes been acclimating for 1.5 hours. good enough? 12:20 PM

Zeph: Yes sink her!!! 12:21 PM

So let me get this straight zeph.... you wiggled her clam when she wasn't looking and she didn't even notice? You're a smooth operator.

Heee heeee...yea...must have been that roofie i slipped her. LOL J/K !

omgomgomg

IMG_20121127_101331.jpg

2 down one more to go!

are you kidding??? That is a HUGE box for one 2 inch clam. I think Batgirl is holding out on us!

Edited by ZephNYC

You guys! 6.gif

I have 3 words for you: TYREE SPACE MONSTERS! omgomgomg

It took me 2 hours to acclimate everything. And I just finished a 2 hour glue-down and re-arranging of stuff. Acros are pissed off, some polyps are pissed off, it's a lot going on.

Here's one pic to tide you ovah.

Online. IRL.

111312-003.jpgIMG_20121127_182710.jpg

Even with a crappy cell phone pic, this clam is superbly marked.

thats one hell of a clam

I still can't believe I bought a Squamosa. This and Derasas are my least fav clam. Thanks to Zeph all I look at are Maximas. But there was something about this one that just had me from the moment I saw a picture on Divers Den. It's an ORA.

It's a neat little animal, the shell is very sharp, and from top down the clam looks more tan/brown peach. This one looks absolutely lovely from the side view just like so.

Here's one pic to tide you ovah.

Online. IRL.

111312-003.jpgIMG_20121127_182710.jpg

Even with a crappy cell phone pic, this clam is superbly marked.

That clam is beautiful! And I don't like Derasas or Squamosas. I think the mantles aren't as big or pretty as Maximas.

But you scored big time!

*I promise I'll read your thread more often! The client is driving me crazy and I end up working at night. :rant: