Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Use some of tht nifty styrofoam you sent my frags attatched to. I just looked up mangroves and actually found an article that said from "theil productions"

http://saltaquarium.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=...0/mangrove9.htm. :P

I was just telling KG on chat that I've tried the styrofoam too, the shoots flip the piece over, he said to just have a little tip out of the water, the rest of the weight of the shoot can be under. So I'm going to try that now.

My mangroves in my ac70 are half way in, halfway out of the water. The ones in my tank actually only stick out about an inch or so and seem to be doing just as good as the filter ones.

Hey, what photo wizard can ghost one side of the image directly on top of the other so I can easily see the detailed differences between the two?

EcoTech announced the release of the TIR lenses, and since birfday is next weekend, I wanna figure out if I should get em for myself. :P

30x30_side_graph_2.jpg

altolamprologus

Hey Zeph, regals actually aren't that hard to take care of, it's just that 98% of them are caught with cyanide so most die from being poisoned.

Here's something I thought you might enjoy. It's a mismarked koran angel that came into the store I work at last week. Excuse the poor quality of my cell phone camera

mismarkedkoran.jpg

Back on topic, yay for mangroves!

albertthiel
Use some of tht nifty styrofoam you sent my frags attatched to. I just looked up mangroves and actually found an article that said from "theil productions"

http://saltaquarium.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=...0/mangrove9.htm. :P

If you got to www.athiel.com and on the main page at the top right you will see the search link, and when using that you can search the entire site for what you are interested in, as the Libraries contain hundreds and hundreds of articles.

if you type in mangrove in the search box a whole number of articles will come up, and there is a button for the next 10 as you only see 10 links at a time.

Note that most of those articles were written in the 80's and 90's

Albert

I might be missing something, so if I am, ignore this completely

What about using that plastic frag-shelf-material everyone uses, like the white plastic stuff, to hold your mangroves? Could you place a couple of "shelves" in the tank and feed the shoots through so they are forced to stay there? You could always remove a couple of the links between squares if you need more room?

Also about the sump - I may actually just do an AC70/inTank media basket set up. I'm having a hell of a time right now with water chemistry (cyano and green hair algae war), so the sump may actually become what I need, but I'm limited in space. I was actually considering today of selling the whole set up (minus a couple of items) and starting over in a 10g or 20g plain old tank. I doubt I'll do it, but I might.

My mangroves in my ac70 are half way in, halfway out of the water. The ones in my tank actually only stick out about an inch or so and seem to be doing just as good as the filter ones.

okay, I tried that too. nope. they flipped over. Everything but a 1/2 inch was under water and it still happened. I'll click pictures when the lights on the sump come on, this is how it got upside down in the first place, no more sump work in the dark!

What about using that plastic frag-shelf-material everyone uses, like the white plastic stuff, to hold your mangroves? Could you place a couple of "shelves" in the tank and feed the shoots through so they are forced to stay there? You could always remove a couple of the links between squares if you need more room?

The shoots are very skinny and wont stay in eggcrate. I could try to jam 2-3 in one space and see if that works.

I'll try it when lights come on.

The shoots are very skinny and wont stay in eggcrate. I could try to jam 2-3 in one space and see if that works.

I'll try it when lights come on.

Ahh, I see. Maybe you could make like a top, middle and lower type shelf so that they are forced to stay in, so they can't float away or slide out? I dunno. Whatever you do, I hope you get it figured out!

jedimasterben
Hey, what photo wizard can ghost one side of the image directly on top of the other so I can easily see the detailed differences between the two?

EcoTech announced the release of the TIR lenses, and since birfday is next weekend, I wanna figure out if I should get em for myself. :P

30x30_side_graph_2.jpg

I'm calling shens on those numbers. With optics, you either will have less spread and higher PAR or more spread and lower PAR - you can't have a combination.

Here is what I came up with:

graphkgoldy.jpg

But here is what I think they are saying:

superfreakonomics-horse####.jpg

FWIW

I know how to do everything right :naughtydance:

Do tell. :)

If you got to www.athiel.com and on the main page at the top right you will see the search link, and when using that you can search the entire site for what you are interested in, as the Libraries contain hundreds and hundreds of articles.

Thank you.

In your experience, how much sps/ how big of sps should you have in order to not worry about a clown goby killing them? Is there a chance of it killing even a large colony?

Edited by patback

Updated shot, 48 hours after peroxide treatment of buddys tank

IMG_20120808_181526.jpg

In your experience, how much sps/ how big of sps should you have in order to not worry about a clown goby killing them? Is there a chance of it killing even a large colony?

My YCG wasn't a big guy but he ate all the polyps on

-Yellow millie

-Green acro

-Nasuta

-Pink Millie

Before

IMG_4611.JPG

After

IMG_9706.JPG

altolamprologus

In my completely unprofessional opinion, I would say you would need a large tank packed with sps for the goby to be able to live happily without causing the sps any harm.

In my completely unprofessional opinion, I would say you would need a large tank packed with sps for the goby to be able to live happily without causing the sps any harm.

Okay:(. This is the week for broken dreams I guess.