inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Got any more fun stuff?

Me? I have a ridiculous amount of stuff including a horn that a Bornean medicine man wore around his neck and kept enemy tribes eyes and tongues in it.

altolamprologus
Me? I have a ridiculous amount of stuff including a horn that a Bornean medicine man wore around his neck and kept enemy tribes eyes and tongues in it.

:eek:

I think you should try to start a thread on all that. Other people have threads on plants and stuff like that. I'm genuinely intrigued by it.

Do you just purchase stuff for the awe factor? Do you travel to places and collect it?Do you have any sentimental attachment to certain pieces over others?

Have you ever had long pig?

altolamprologus

I literally LOL'd. Thank you for that.

I'm also interested in where you get this stuff. Seriously, go start a thread.

Maybe Chris could make a sub forum for seperate hobbies in the miscellaneous section. You know, for freshwater fish, herps, botany, collecting human remains and the stuff used to kill them, pottery...etc.

I think you should try to start a thread on all that. Other people have threads on plants and stuff like that. I'm genuinely intrigued by it.

Do you just purchase stuff for the awe factor? Do you travel to places and collect it?Do you have any sentimental attachment to certain pieces over others?

I do travel and buy at auctions or have been given things as gifts. My girlfriend gave me a shrunken head last year for Xmas. I think my favorite piece is my dragon statue. It's made of teak and about four feet tall. It took about 3,000+ hours to carve. No I haven't had long pig...yet...

I do travel and buy at auctions or have been given things as gifts. My girlfriend gave me a shrunken head last year for Xmas. I think my favorite piece is my dragon statue. It's made of teak and about four feet tall. It took about 3,000+ hours to carve. No I haven't had long pig...yet...

:scarry: what got you into collecting all these things? We're you creeped out at first when you first started? If you cant start a thread and made a blog instead about it, it would be the first one I ever followed.

Anybody watch the TV show oddities? I find it morbidly fascinating, not to mention the sheer looney toones that walk into the place. Hey it's Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk.

But they're starting up a SFO odditie too.

:scarry: what got you into collecting all these things? We're you creeped out at first when you first started? If you cant start a thread and made a blog instead about it, it would be the first one I ever followed.

Lol! I can't keep up with posting on my tank threads. My story thread is waaayy better than my tank threads and I barely touch that.

Anybody watch the TV show oddities? I find it morbidly fascinating, not to mention the sheer looney toones that walk into the place. Hey it's Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk.

I don't watch it. I live it.

Yeah, Oddities is a crazy show.

My other silly hobby- Flying R/C Helicopters. Trying to teach yourself to fly... freakin expensive and really frustrating. I've had one heli for about a year, and it's got maybe... 20 combined and total minutes in the air. That's in between literally dozens of horrible crashes.

Lol! I can't keep up with posting on my tank threads. My story thread is waaayy better than my tank threads and I barely touch that.

Well whenever you get a new addition you are more than welcome to spam my thread with it. I had a buttload of questions but don't want to annoy kat anymore.

Yeah, Oddities is a crazy show.

My other silly hobby- Flying R/C Helicopters. Trying to teach yourself to fly... freakin expensive and really frustrating. I've had one heli for about a year, and it's got maybe... 20 combined and total minutes in the air. That's in between literally dozens of horrible crashes.

A guy I work with has a lot of planes. He writes his own codes for the controller and everything. My girlfriends dad also has an entire garage filled with $5 toy planes all the way up to 1000 dollar planes that he hasn't used in years.

I've got a few buddies of mine here that are into flying R/C planes and stuff. They just got some gyrocopter thing made out of laser-cut wood or something. They've been talking all about it, but I've got no idea what's going on with it XD

albertthiel
I've got a few buddies of mine here that are into flying R/C planes and stuff. They just got some gyrocopter thing made out of laser-cut wood or something. They've been talking all about it, but I've got no idea what's going on with it XD

A friend of mine, along the same lines as what you posted, who is a commercial pilot, flies, for fun, a very small one person plane, called a Tipsy Nipper, of Belgian make, and that plane is actually operated by a VW engine!. Yes a VW one, and actually the engine of the old Bugs that were around in the 70's, the original ones not the newer types that one can now purchase.

It is extremely small and looks like a "bug" when one look at it from some distance when it sits on the runway.

Here is a picture of it and you wonder how this thing actually manages to stay in the air and is used for some acrobatic flying.

This is a Slingsby built version of the famous Belgian aerobatic aircraft.

tipsynipper.png

Amazing what people will fly !

albertthiel

Interesting Kat, what Channel is it on? I have not seen any listings for it here in the ATL area, but maybe it is listed only by the name of the TV channel that broadcasts it.

Always interested in oddities :-)

Thanks for more info ...

A friend of mine, along the same lines as what you posted, who is a commercial pilot, flies, for fun, a very small one person plane, called a Tipsy Nipper, of Belgian make, and that plane is actually operated by a VW engine!. Yes a VW one, and actually the engine of the old Bugs that were around in the 70's, the original ones not the newer types that one can now purchase.

It is extremely small and looks like a "bug" when one look at it from some distance when it sits on the runway.

Here is a picture of it and you wonder how this thing actually manages to stay in the air and is used for some acrobatic flying.

This is a Slingsby built version of the famous Belgian aerobatic aircraft.

tipsynipper.png

Amazing what people will fly !

:o I would love to see that thing in action!

albertthiel
:o I would love to see that thing in action!

Yes that would be some sight indeed. Not sure if there is a video on iTunes maybe. Have not checked

Hey hey. I'm out of town and miss my tank and my cat. I was giving TS instructions on how to take care of my precious while I was away. He helped me work on the water level in the tank when the sump went online so he feels comfortable shutting off the mag 5 if there is trouble. But just in case, I took out the felt filter sock and left the mesh one in place with filter floss.

Update on buddys tank: its doing good, water is clear, skimmer is skimming for the first time in the history of the tank, and we added some sugar, Ben will be happy to know.

He ordered a beefed up CUC from John Maloney, and his MJ should have arrived today. Next we are going to upgrade his lights, add some LEDs.

Edited by metrokat

Good to hear that he's going in the right direction. Where you off to?

One last question for long pig, I promise. Do you consider yourself an overall collector of everything, reef and cuttle fish included, or do you have an actual passion for saltwater animals specifically?

No. It's like VOLDEMORT! You say it and POOF, #### happens.

BREAKING NEWS!

I'm getting a green grandis paly!

Oh joy!

Funny, that's exactly I picked up yesterday. I loves it :wub:

The regulars that walk in are the best. The girl who collects navel fuzz and the girl who makes art out of fingernail clippings are two I remember offhand.

• Like 1
Didn't Zeph say he was going to post pics of the discus fry?

i got yelled at for posting things unrelated to kats tank. But she doesnt appear to mind when everyone else does it.