Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

That's what sumps are for! For softies and YCGs!

Lol, that's true I guess. Call me crazy, but I just like the look of a fish resting inside of the coral. Like alto said, I've only seen them in healthy coral in the 400 gallon display tank at my lfs that is sps dominate.

Hey Zeph, regals actually aren't that hard to take care of, it's just that 98% of them are caught with cyanide so most die from being poisoned.

Here's something I thought you might enjoy. It's a mismarked koran angel that came into the store I work at last week. Excuse the poor quality of my cell phone camera

Back on topic, yay for mangroves!

Exactly....And that is the reason why the only success stories ( that I know) are those that have Regals coming from the Red sea. Also the reason why regular Regals go for like $65, but a Red sea Regal goes for around $200. Mine actually is a blue throat, and not from the Red sea, and it is a misbar...so i think its pretty rare to find one that eats everything. Thus the reason why kat named it "Piggy". THats a nice Koran..I love misbar fish. Ive always been fond of freaks. DO they want more for it than a regular Koran?

Im in the dog house for blowing up kats thread, so im going to lay low a few days.

<poof>

Edited by ZephNYC
I'm calling shens on those numbers. With optics, you either will have less spread and higher PAR or more spread and lower PAR - you can't have a combination.

Here is what I came up with:

graphkgoldy.jpg

But here is what I think they are saying:

superfreakonomics-horse####.jpg

FWIW

Suppose I can wait til there's an independent review. Hopefully the Sanjay the lighting daddy does his thing with the lenses.

Second image didn't show cuz of auto ####.

altolamprologus
Exactly....And that is the reason why the only success stories ( that I know) are those that have Regals coming from the Red sea. Also the reason why regular Regals go for like $65, but a Red sea Regal goes for around $200. Mine actually is a blue throat, and not from the Red sea, and it is a misbar...so i think its pretty rare to find one that eats everything. Thus the reason why kat named it "Piggy". THats a nice Koran..I love misbar fish. Ive always been fond of freaks. DO they want more for it than a regular Koran?

Im in the dog house for blowing up kats thread, so im going to lay low a few days.

<poof>

Some net caught regals come from the phillipines (like the ones we get where I work) but those are few and far between. The koran sold for regular price, as did our coral beauty/rusty angel hybrid. I wish I had gotten a pic of that guy, he was so cool. I, too, am a fan of freaks.

It seems to me like this thread is the lounge, but for cool people :)

In your experience, how much sps/ how big of sps should you have in order to not worry about a clown goby killing them? Is there a chance of it killing even a large colony?

For what it's worth... None of my clown gobies (I think I have 5-6) ever munched on polyps. Had them since I had just a tiny bit of SPS too. Though, what might make the difference is my SPS isn't as happy and dancing as Kat's is.

Edit-

4 Green Clown Gobies

2 Yellow Clown Gobies (one went down the drain by himself, so technically 1 YCG)

1 Black Clown Goby

Edited by kgoldy
For what it's worth... None of my clown gobies (I think I have 5-6) ever munched on polyps. Had them since I had just a tiny bit of SPS too. Though, what might make the difference is my SPS isn't as happy and dancing as Kat's is.

Edit-

4 Green Clown Gobies

2 Yellow Clown Gobies (one went down the drain by himself, so technically 1 YCG)

1 Black Clown Goby

I'm pretty thick headed so I still may try it, your response made it a probably. Worst case scenario, my small amount of Rock work would make it pretty easy to catch and sump it.

Yup. Wish I posted in here earlier.

I never even knew there was a black clown goby. :wub:

And bastard crabs.

Send me your bastard crabs! I have a huge ass peacock mantis that would like to meet them.

t seems to me like this thread is the lounge, but for cool people :)

Yeah so far there's no one here I want to strap to railroad tracks.

Lol, that's true I guess. Call me crazy, but I just like the look of a fish resting inside of the coral.

I have to admit they look really beautiful perching on various thrones, lording over the tank. What a personality for a little fish. You could try Citron Gobies, they are not bright yellow but look good just the same although I am not sure if they too eat polyps.

<poof>

Cute.

Let's get it right Miss Alto, this thread is a partay. Then I get a hangover and it's ovah!

Though, what might make the difference is my SPS isn't as happy and dancing as Kat's is.

KG, this might be the nicest thing you have ever said about my tank. :wub:

Dancing SPS! Love it.

I'm pretty thick headed so I still may try it, your response made it a probably. Worst case scenario, my small amount of Rock work would make it pretty easy to catch and sump it.

They are not easy to catch but when they are scared they sort of freeze and then you can nab them!

Send me your bastard crabs! I have a huge ass peacock mantis that would like to meet them.

Yeah so far there's no one here I want to strap to railroad tracks.

TAKE A NUMBER! Those crabs are spoken for.

Kat probably wants to strap all of us. :scarry:

Sometimes I do! It's a fact. :lol:

It's like Bloody Mary, or Beetlejuice. You can't say the "L" word three times in a row or the rats will come eat the thread.

No. It's like VOLDEMORT! You say it and POOF, #### happens.

BREAKING NEWS!

I'm getting a green grandis paly!

Oh joy!

jedimasterben

They are two porcelain anemone crabs, they're far too expensive for a mantis snack lol. Plus I'm giving them to Kat once it cools down some.

TAKE A NUMBER! Those crabs are spoken for.

:naughtydance:

Kat probably wants to strap all of us. :scarry:

I'm first. :naughtydance:

Back off my woman, or Kat's not the only one who will break out a whip

Did I mention how much I wuv you.

Sending you the Batfish as proof.

Oh and Kat I have a beating stick you can borrow. I'll clean off the blood before I ship it.

199846d0.jpg

Piggy, that is insane. :o

The name long pig, the tribal masks, and that sticks makes me never want to buy anything off of you. I'm not sure I want you to have my home address.

Piggy, that is insane. :o

I guess. I used to keep it in my car for protection until I found out my deadly weapons permit doesn't extend to spiked clubs. Stupid laws!

The name long pig, the tribal masks, and that sticks makes me never want to buy anything off of you. I'm not sure I want you to have my home address.

I'm harmless. :grouphug:

I guess. I used to keep it in my car for protection until I found out my deadly weapons permit doesn't extend to spiked clubs. Stupid laws!

Decided to delete so that kat doesn't get mad. :)

I'm harmless. :grouphug:

prove it. Send me some free stuff. :P

Edited by patback
Go on....

That pretty much sums it up.

prove it. Send me some free stuff. :P

I said harmless, not generous!

Edited by LongPig