Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

why didn't you like Matrix?

Half of it floated. It also collected detritus, I had it sitting in my sump. The powerhead I had in there to keep things stirred would clog with the matrix stones on the intake.

Roger it looks clean in there. Look forward to seeing it again when the corals calm down.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

The ATI issue was a bulb issue. I put two new bulbs in and they turned right on. I need 2 new bulbs.

Half of it floated. It also collected detritus, I had it sitting in my sump. The powerhead I had in there to keep things stirred would clog with the matrix stones on the intake.

Roger it looks clean in there. Look forward to seeing it again when the corals calm down.

I spent around 6 hours cleaning the tank, I hope it looks clean!

29222211945_7b0c45feb5_k.jpgAugust 29 2016 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

excuse the tupperwear up top, it has 2 anemones in it. The rock on the lower right is ruining my vision, and the rock on the far left needs to be turned 90º. But I like this scape a lot more than what it was. The hammer in the center is also massive. I might need to find a new spot for it.

The shape is also lost in the middle. urg.. -____-

next page

• Like 2

Yea, the floating ones are annoying. I have mine in the same chamber as my return pump so not much detritus there. I do have to take out every 6 months to rinse.

I hope I can get it back to proper color. It's so brown.

Post a top down.

I'm sure you know this. Corals brown in high nutrient water because they have excess zooxanthelea. It's actually a sign of a healthy coral for the most part, even if it looks like a turd. Barring other reason for getting brown like not enough light, a brown coral takes about 3 months to color up enough to be noticeable. You're lucky if it happens sooner.

• Like 2
TheKleinReef

Would low light have caused the brown Katropora and your other SPS which were placed lower, dying?

I don't think so. The Kat browned out long before I moved it down. Things were dying because of a nasty +5.0 alk spike followed by a huge nutrient spike.