Pod Your Reef

I was thinking AIO

I have a sump sitting empty at home, but I want a different design to house frags. I also have a bunch of equipment (doser, vessels, ATO, old radion)

sooo sump or AIO? =P

if AIO, the IM 25g is nice

if sump, Deep Blue 34g shallow

Probably AIO. Cause I'll need a new sump.

I still want an sps based tank, will the IM give me some good skimmer options?

Imo, the biggest downside of the IM tanks is the limited space in the rear chambers for skimmers. But there are options other than IM's skimmers. The Tunze skimmers work in the IM25 and IM40, although I think there's minor mod needed for the 25.

The tank looks good, Roger, you made a huge improvement in the short time you were home!

• Like 1

Imo, the biggest downside of the IM tanks is the limited space in the rear chambers for skimmers. But there are options other than IM's skimmers. The Tunze skimmers work in the IM25 and IM40, although I think there's minor mod needed for the 25.

The tank looks good, Roger, you made a huge improvement in the short time you were home!

Thank you!

One of the reasons I was considering the Cadlights 34g AIO is because I've seen some success with their tank+skimmer combo, whereas a lot of other AIO's need mods or new skimmers.

side note. Can anyone ID this?

29158831692_30c76e90f0_c.jpg_RMK9222 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

23849133426_e4027bf17f_c.jpgFlowerpot 12/20 by Roger Klein, on Flickr

• Like 1

What's a standard tank that's 48x20x?

I don't want it to be too short/tall.

Deep Sea made a 48x20x21 for a while but they aren't around anymore. Planet aquariums makes a lot of the old DSA sizes , might check with them and see what's available if you're still thinking 48".

Deep Sea made a 48x20x21 for a while but they aren't around anymore. Planet aquariums makes a lot of the old DSA sizes , might check with them and see what's available.

Do they make one without an overflow? I'd use it for a sump, so the big overflow box wouldn't work too well. I meddled with 40B dimensions and it could work, as long at the return pump is be external, which I'm not opposed to, not ideal, but not impossible.

Irrelevant, but I saw the dsa 105 pro in person and I really wish I got that tank instead, the dimensions of that tank were perfect. Wish it was better quality glass though.

Do they make one without an overflow? I'd use it for a sump, so the big overflow box wouldn't work too well. I meddled with 40B dimensions and it could work, as long at the return pump is be external, which I'm not opposed to, not ideal, but not impossible.

Irrelevant, but I saw the dsa 105 pro in person and I really wish I got that tank instead, the dimensions of that tank were perfect. Wish it was better quality glass though.

I'm sure they will make it without the overflow , it would be easier for them actually as it's less work due to no drilling .

Planet has the crystalline series which is the NEO footprint but low iron glass

I'm sure they will make it without the overflow , it would be easier for them actually as it's less work due to no drilling .

Planet has the crystalline series which is the NEO footprint but low iron glass

Ooooooooh. That'd be nice.

Alevopora has 12 tentacles around the polyp , Goniopora has 24

I always just assumed, never got it confirmed. I'm not too sure on the differences between goniopora and alevopora.

You know, I'm not too sure myself. :blush:

• Like 2

Ca: 460

Alk 8

Mg: 1250

PO4: 0 ish

Not bad. I tested when I left and alk was at 7.9 and 440 ca. So pretty close values there.

Parents are matching the aquavitro salinity values.

15g water changes weekly now too instead of 10g

• Like 3

Late to the party, but yes, it's alveopora, not goni. Just count the tentacles per polyp, alveopora only has 12 and goni has 24 per polyp. As jbb_00 stated.

Nice set up, I'm glad you stayed with hobby Roger. I'll have my GHL Doser on Monday, can't wait.

• Like 1

Late to the party, but yes, it's alveopora, not goni. Just count the tentacles per polyp, alveopora only has 12 and goni has 24 per polyp. As jbb_00 stated.

Nice set up, I'm glad you stayed with hobby Roger. I'll have my GHL Doser on Monday, can't wait.

Thanks for the info! I'm glad I stayed with it too. It only took a few days with the tank to realize just how much I love the hobby.

I'm starting to plan my next build, and I'm very excited.

• Like 1