Innovative Marine Aquariums

I need a flame angel but the risk....sigh. Where Clyde the fat. He's too big to be hiding

It's the first FTS he's not clearly visible in. You can see his yellow fin poking up behind the bubble coral.

Flame angels are worth the risk IMO, the more sps I had the more PE i had, because there was more of it to nibble on so each coral was getting irritated less. And it never once went I never once saw it go after any of my clams.

• Like 2

It's the first FTS he's not clearly visible in. You can see his yellow fin poking up behind the bubble coral.

Flame angels are worth the risk IMO, the more sps I had the more PE i had, because there was more of it to nibble on so each coral was getting irritated less. And it never once went I never once saw it go after any of my clams.

Yea, I dont have colonies yet so that's why I am worried. A few nibble and the whole frag is gone...hahah

I just had a dream everything was growing super speed, like an inch per second, then the colors suddenly faded to a brown to grey to white and then everything deteriorated until it was just a tank filled with murky grey water.

TO THE LIVECAM I GO BRB.

• Like 2

I've always had trouble with magnesium. Not sure why it drops so fast in my tank.

I have to dose a crazy amount of Mag solution in my tank, 65ml daily to be exact. I'm working on saturating the solution as much as I can so I can dose an ultra high concentration to reduce the daily volume.

• Like 1

I have to dose a crazy amount of Mag solution in my tank, 65ml daily to be exact. I'm working on saturating the solution as much as I can so I can dose an ultra high concentration to reduce the daily volume.

That's good to know, I think I really need to increase dosing this. I remember when I first set up the doser I found that I didn't need to dose that much magnesium, but now it seems like it's the exact opposite. I can't remember how I have it dosing, but I definitely need to make it daily. I think it's still set at 3x per week.

• Like 1

Your kat looks great!! Mix of high nutrients and tank heating up I think. The tank went up to 84 degrees a few times recently and I am getting lots of cyano and diatoms on the sandbed.

Since we moved the sump to the basement, the tank doesn't need a chiller, so if you want a chiller let me know. :P

Good to see some color coming back!

gettin' there.

I want to get the Katropora back to it's former glory before I order any more SPS

----

Since the new Apex has to be one of the ugliest pieces of equipment I've ever seen, seriously considering a GHL It's freaking sexy.

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/09/14/profilux-4-updates-ghls-flagship-aquarium-controller/

• Like 2