Coral Vue Hydros

How has the GHL dosser working for you?Would you recommend it?Btw I just made the connection that you're MrKleinReef from instagram lol,can't believe it took me this long :slap:

Love the GHL 11/10 would recommend. I've only had one complaint and its that the tubes sometimes come loose but that's nothing to be mad about. Just check it often. Definitely worth the price IMO.

And yep thats me! :P

Love the GHL 11/10 would recommend. I've only had one complaint and its that the tubes sometimes come loose but that's nothing to be mad about. Just check it often. Definitely worth the price IMO.

And yep thats me! :P

That's good to hear now Im closer to pulling the trigger,everyone I've talk to loves them.Are you dosing up to the 0.1mL range?

:slap:

Thanks Kat really needed a second smacking ;)

• Like 1

That's good to hear now Im closer to pulling the trigger,everyone I've talk to loves them.Are you dosing up to the 0.1mL range?

Thanks Kat really needed a second smacking ;)

I've never gone less than 1mL or partial mL's I've just been using whole numbers.

Why not just do a 40breeder?

That's only 36"

Won't fit a decent frag section and enough room for a skimmer and potentially zeovit reactor.

I want a big space for frags and such, cause it will be the home for some pest eating fish as well.

If I could do that in a 40b i'd be happy. But it doesn't seem to likely. What's the minimum about of space I would need for a skimmer and zeovit reactor you think?

Depends on the skimmer, but something 8" across and as deep as you can get it (front to back) would allow you to fit a decent size skimmer in there with a zeovit reactor.

You can just DIY your own frag rack in a sump as well. All it takes is some two part, eggcrate, and a decently strong magnet. Here's built one that holds up a ton of weight (Hammerhead magnet).

tris_frag_rack.jpg

You can make one to fit any size. I even had one back in the day in my tiny sump sidelighted by a 70W DIY MH. It went into the middle section there.

sump_light.jpg

Hmm. I'm looking for a much bigger frag section. Mainly because I want to keep smaller frags out of the display until they're big enough to keep an eyeye on as well as have a safe place for the frags to stay so I don't have to worry about livestock pushing them around.

Alright. 40B

These values don't account for bubble traps and glass thickness. But in general:

4x18"drain section.

18x18" frag section

10x18" skimmer and zeovit section

Bubble trap

4x18" return pump section

I could always increase the drain section and use an external return pump.

• Like 1

Part of me wants a 100+ gallon system as my next build.

The other part of me wants a 30ish gallon AIO and some bomb ass livestock.

Sounds kind of Jekyl and Hyde, in that those 2 systems sound pretty different!
  • Like 1

Part of me wants a 100+ gallon system as my next build.

The other part of me wants a 30ish gallon AIO and some bomb ass livestock.

The smaller one sure is easier to clean, trust me on this. :) I get tired just cleaning the front glass off. :lol:

• Like 1

Sounds kind of Jekyl and Hyde, in that those 2 systems sound pretty different!

Yeah. It's more budget based than anything else.

The smaller one sure is easier to clean, trust me on this. :) I get tired just cleaning the front glass off. :lol:

I can imagine. Even keep in 36" clean is tough can't imagine 48"+

looking for sump or AIO for the 30 gallon?

I was thinking AIO

I have a sump sitting empty at home, but I want a different design to house frags. I also have a bunch of equipment (doser, vessels, ATO, old radion)