Top Shelf Aquatics

• 2 weeks later...

"Roger I need your help figuring out what is dead" -mom

Yay

i still remember coming home to a freshwater tank with no fish after being gone for 2 weeks back while i was in high school.

I'm sorry to hear this, Roger. It must be extremely frustrating to be in a position where all you hear is bad news and there's nothing you can do about it :(

You can't run a remote tank IMO, it removes a lot of what is fun about this hobby. I was surprised, and pleased, you didn't take it down when you moved out.

I've been through a lot of hobbies, including a stint in model railroading. I remember sitting in my old house, unfinished basement, looking over the materials and plans to build a nice model railroad and just snapping. The passion for that hobby went from 100% to 0% over 3 days and that was it. I'm still not sure what the heck attracted me to that hobby since I've never been one for art and a lot of the hobby is creating scenes, constructing viewpoints, stuff like that. I can't stand to build stuff and yet I bought these kits to build buildings thinking that I could get over it. Huh? It's a HOBBY!

Lots of life left, you don't want to use up all the hobby time in one stint, right? :)

• Like 4
Mr. Microscope

Honestly, it doesn't look half bad as a reef. Sad to see so many SPS go, but the rest looks healthy. Your parents just need to clean the glass is all.